Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Reasons I had Spags over Mike Smith...

1. Defensive style. Agressive vs. passive, and overall I think our personel is more suited toward that.

2. Players and fans love him. I have not heard one bad thing on the guy.

3. Production. While I know Mike Smith was statistically great, it is known that he has imput but Jack Del Rio is the main defensive guy, much like Hue Jackson was imput to Bobby Petrino's playcalling. Similar setup. But more importantly Spags did it with what I consider little talent. New York has some defensive ends, a middle linebacker, a safety, and a good young cornerback. Jacksonville was stacked on the defensive line, good linebackers, Rashean Mathis, and a good young safety.

Same gos for Rex Ryan. But I have Spags over him because we basically let the interview process draw out in an attempt to get a shot to interview him. We obviously thought highly of him.

But my mood over it is improving. I will give him a shot.

Mine isn't. He has started out with 2 terrible coordinators.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
and you know this because you are a Jets fan?

I guarantee you probably didn't even know mike smith's name until just recently...

Mike Smith is a great defensive coordinator...he's consistently had a top 10 defense even top 6 back to back years...he's due his shot...

expectations should be low for the Falcons this next season, just so Smith has a chance to exceed expectations...
I know this because a former player for him actually admitted that Mike Smith does nothing and is just a guy that stands there and has the title. That Jack Del Rio is the one that runs that defense. The former player said that the locker room had little respect for Mike Smith. And yea I didn't know who he was until his name popped up, still doesn't mean I'm wrong. A former player said it, so I will believe the player over just a fan.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Paul Spicer (veteran Jags DE last year's sack leader FYI) was interviewed on the radio and refuted Wiley's comments, saying that Mike Smith made all the calls, and that the Falcons got a "gem."

Like I've said, I think the gist of Wiley's comments aren't false, but I think he's exaggerating the situation. Also when you consider that Wiley has a big ego for such a mundane player and is now a media soldier, that's kinda his job.
I will believe a former player who is with the Media now and can talk about that kind of stuff, over a player still in the league and doesn't want to start a fight or is made to say that he called all the plays. A player in the league, can't really speak freely, well he could, but he could get his HC mad at him or w/e. Idk.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
I will believe a former player who is with the Media now and can talk about that kind of stuff, over a player still in the league and doesn't want to start a fight or is made to say that he called all the plays. A player in the league, can't really speak freely, well he could, but he could get his HC mad at him or w/e. Idk.
If you knew anything about Paul Spicer, you'd know that he speaks his mind. With Mike Smith gone, he coulda said anything he wanted. Again, I think Wiley's point is not flawed, but he only got a passing view as a two-year third-stringer and is probably bloating his ego as a media man.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Mine isn't. He has started out with 2 terrible coordinators.
I would say they are boom or bust guys. I feel both could be gone within 3 years, and I feel Van Gorder will no matter what, but they both have potential to succeed. Van Gorder ran a pro defense and is good with linebackers. Mularkey could succeed with our WRs and QB.

I know it is optomistic but it is the best I could come up with.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Smith came off pretty well in his press conference. Nothing outstanding but his core philosophy seems solid. I wonder how much input he'll have in the draft.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote