Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I never liked him, was a jacked up RB trying to be a FB. Stole too many pro bowls from real FB's like Fred Beasley.
he was a RB untill he lost a step then he played FB, so you not like him mean i dont like you lol
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
P01ntb1ank
Rookie

P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.P01ntb1ank is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i don't think he's first ballot at all. in fact, im not even sure if he's HOF worthy to begin with.

he wasn't a very good blocker at all. he was a glorified short yardage back. and considering a lot of FBs back in the day ran the ball and ran it effectively, coupled with the fact that its hard for FBs to get in, I question whether he's HOF worthy let alone first ballot.

good player, enjoyed watching him. but he's not a HOFer in my eyes.
Sorry but my homerism kicked in there. I mean I can only hope he makes the HoF but it has been very tough for FBs to get in.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still remember him destroying the Minnesota Vikings' D in '98, helping a big underdog to defeat the then undefeated Vikings. He was the big reason the Vikings went 15-1.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 07:33 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

And another illustrious career comes to an end...
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Injuries caught up with him, and its sad to see him hang up the cleets.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I still remember him destroying the Minnesota Vikings' D in '98, helping a big underdog to defeat the then undefeated Vikings. He was the big reason the Vikings went 15-1.
Not trying to troll or anything, but weren't you like 8/9 yo in '98? The only games I remember watching when I was that young were the Super Bowls, and even then I wasn't much of a fan.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
Injuries caught up with him, and its sad to see him hang up the cleets.
I'm actually glad he's retiring. First and foremost he's had a couple of serious neck injuries and there isn't really a point in risking his future. He's had a great career, has a ring, pro bowls, money, time to move onto the next phase. He's fan favorite in Tampa, but his role had been greatly dimished by Gruden, and rightfully so I think. Time for both the team and the player to move on.

Gruden supposedly offered him a job as a coack, but Alstott turned it down. Makes sense because he's said he wants to spend more time with his family and other endeavors. I'm guessing assistant coaches don't have much spare time. Still I won't be suprised if he has some sort of role with the team. He's so popular in Tampa it only makes sense for the team to take advantage of that.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Not trying to troll or anything, but weren't you like 8/9 yo in '98?

That is a very depressing statement.

My Grandfather
Old 01-28-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

long live the a-train! one of my favourite players to watch over the years. we will miss him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
That is a very depressing statement.
You were 40 when we drafted Alstott, right? ;)

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
You were 40 when we drafted Alstott, right? ;)
Lets just say I can actually refer to Alstott as a young man.

My Grandfather