Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crown His Asss!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rex Ryan doesn;t get the HC job, it will be great for the Jets. He wants to reunite with Mangini and become the DC of the Jets.
CLong4Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You, Mr. Davis, you suck so bad! Even Germans know that

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
If Rex Ryan doesn;t get the HC job, it will be great for the Jets. He wants to reunite with Mangini and become the DC of the Jets.
umm no he most problly goto the skins, offensce to everyone whos mad at him but im not i dont think Land will pan out, i think this is the smartest move
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

the espn article says that Dennis Green of all the horrible coaches is the front runner to get the job...

al davis is officially stupid...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
the espn article says that Dennis Green of all the horrible coaches is the front runner to get the job...

al davis is officially stupid...
I'd take dennis over lane, dennis would help the groth of J.Russell
Old 01-25-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
You, Mr. Davis, you suck so bad! Even Germans know that
Germans know how bad Davis sucks? Is there a money shot?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

If al davis were an eskimo he would be viewed as no longer contributing to the well-being of the group and instead of sucking the life from the group "the fans" he would consequently be taken out to sea, and set adrift on a floating iceberg.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Al Davis. Screw you, douche.

And Kiffin impressed me this year, admittedly after thinking it wasn't a good hire last season. I like Kiffin, if I were the Redskins I would consider picking him up. Then again, does Kiffin want to immediately work for another meddlesome and idiotic owner/front office?
Old 01-25-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

At what point are coaches just going to tell Davis to **** off anytime he offers them a job? Seriously, if you're just going to get fired after one year what's the damn point of taking the job?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I wasn't already numb to the pain of being a Raider fan, I would be outraged right now.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
At what point are coaches just going to tell Davis to **** off anytime he offers them a job? Seriously, if you're just going to get fired after one year what's the damn point of taking the job?

i would agree this is really making him look bad, he losing a bit of his respect
but i do think coaches who realy want to be Head Coaches
Dennis G, Brian B, Mike S
Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I would hire Kiffin as the OC for the Giants. I actually really like him a lot and think he brings a very upbeat personality to the team. I also like that he is very good working with QBs and think he did a good job with Jordan this year.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kiffin a lot, he has the team going in the right direction IMO. This years 4-12 team was leaps and bounds better than last years 2-14 team even though there was only a 2 win difference. Kiff brought in Tom Cable to fix the OL and we finished around 6th in the league in rushing with guys like Jordan, Fargas, and Rhodes (who would all be backups on most NFL teams) and we gave up around 30 fewer sacks (72 in 2006 to 41 in 2007). And now after all this Al wants him gone? Al is really, really starting to piss me off with all this BS.

Anyways, I think Al firing him is much more likely than Kiffin resigning because if he quits he doesn't get the $4 million remaining in his contract. Kiffin would have to be crazy to pass up that money. I'm still holding on to that tiny thread of hope that Kiffin sticks around because I think he's a good coach.

Last edited by Stash : 01-25-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

this puzzles me. While I am a division rival of the raiders and wouldn't mind seeing them struggle a little more, I have come to like Kiffen. I can't speak with perfect confidence because I admit I have only seen the 2 games the we played them, but throughout the year i was keen on following them because i was interested in the unexpected production at running back among other things. I watch alot of jet games, and often times i'd just wonder how they were so bad (record wise) because i felt they were a good team, and to be honest i'd apply that tag to the raiders too. I especially enjoyed Kiffens management of Russell late in the year, It was unfortunate for the organization that he got there so late. In particular i liked how kiffen would bring jamarcus in only on some possessions. I thought about that and felt it was beneficial for the player to get into the game, but be able to digest what hes doing, make mid game changes and try it again. Too often Rookies play the whole game and make weekly changes to their game so the way kiffen approached the situation peeked my interest.

Although despite all that, I feel i understand why Al would try to oust his coach. It seems that while kiffen brought new life to the offesne, the defense struggled. Al didnt get rid of the coordinator probably because he feels defense is the key to winning and the best way to deal with teh scenario is to get rid of the weak link whom he thinks is kiffen. However, I dont particularly understand why Al would hire someone to be the youngest coach ever, (i think) and right out of college, and let him go the next year. I mean, what did he expect? he hired an offensive coach, and the offense got better.. There must be more to the situation that has not come out yet, because the information at hand does not add up.

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What an idiot. Doesn't he realize that if he gets rid of coachs each year good candidates won't want to take the job. Or it might make it more attractive as a coach would only have to work 1 year to get 3-4 years worth of salaries.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is everyone hating on Denny? Everyone sucks in Arizona. He's been a tremendous coach throughout his career otherwise.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Most people do. There are usually about 5-6 people that turn the job down, some without any other options.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Most people do. There are usually about 5-6 people that turn the job down, some without any other options.
Sean Payton did.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
umm no he most problly goto the skins, offensce to everyone whos mad at him but im not i dont think Land will pan out, i think this is the smartest move
What about Greg Williams? Rex Ryan HAD the DC job for the Jets locked up until Al Davis stepped in.
CLong4Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Raiders | Team denies it asked Kiffin to resign
Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:39:39 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Oakland Raiders denied a report Friday, Jan. 25, that owner Al Davis asked head coach Lane Kiffin to resign after Davis allegedly made a resignation letter for Kiffin to sign. "There is no issue here," Raiders senior executive John Herrera said. "There was never an issue here. There's nothing to it."

Lofton to interview Monday
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, January 25th, 2008 at 3:44 pm in Oakland Raiders
9 Comments »

James Lofton will interview with the Raiders for the third time in three years Monday.

According to senior executive John Herrera, Lofton will interview as a position coach with head coach Lane Kiffin.

The same Kiffin who reportedly is locked in a “fire/resign” battle of wills with owner Al Davis.

Herrera insists the Kiffin-Davis feud isn’t the juicy story ESPN’s Chris Mortensen made it out to be.

“It’s not an issue. Lane’s the coach. It’s not an issue,” Herrera said. “I think the one accurate thing he said is that James Lofton will be interviewed. He will be _ as a position coach _ and he will do it with Lane on Monday because that’s when he gets back from Mobile and the Senior Bowl.”

Herrera also refuted the notion that Kiffin has been stripped of all personnel authority and control of his staff, conceding only that Davis was “irritated” when rumors of Kiffin’s interest in Arkansas surfaced four games before the end of the season.

“But that’s ancient history and this is now,” Herrera said. “There has never been any question about Lane being the coach. It hasn’t been an issue.”

Herrera also said Dennis Green has not been contacted by the club, noting that Green already said he hasn’t been contacted and that his name is always connected to the Raiders.

Lofton was fired this week as wide receivers coach of the San Diego Chargers. He interviewed for the head coaching positons that went to Art Shell and Norv Turner.

Kiffin has done nothing to refute the reports, saying, “I’m not going to comment on anything that’s transpired in the last three weeks.”

That three-week time frame coincides with the Raiders issuing a release saying Rob Ryan was still the defensive coordinator.

Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork : 01-25-2008 at 07:39 PM.
doingthisinsteadofwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did he expect Kiffin to do in his first year? Was he expecting to make the playoffs. He hired a first time head coach, who didn't have any NFL experience, and was taking over a terrible team. Not exactly the recipe for success. I actually thought Kiffin was doing a decent job. He greatly improved the run game and doubled the win total from the previous year. If I was the Redskins I'd bring him in for an interview.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
What did he expect Kiffin to do in his first year? Was he expecting to make the playoffs. He hired a first time head coach, who didn't have any NFL experience, and was taking over a terrible team. Not exactly the recipe for success. I actually thought Kiffin was doing a decent job. He greatly improved the run game and doubled the win total from the previous year. If I was the Redskins I'd bring him in for an interview.

we all know he didnt get a fair chance, the only thing i question is how the player responded to him, that was the reason he fired Shell right?

also Al Davis deny's any of this talk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
Old 01-25-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ohhh nooo conflicting reports with teams and espn!!!!!

Did Mort report this one too? Is Eli's shoulder still seperated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Packer_Backer
Rookie

Packer_Backer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
we all know he didnt get a fair chance, the only thing i question is how the player responded to him, that was the reason he fired Shell right?

also Al Davis deny's any of this talk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
With the track record Davis has had vs the media recently I would tend to believe ESPN over him. Anyone remember the Art Shell debacle.
Packer_Backer is offline   Reply With Quote