Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ohhh nooo conflicting reports with teams and espn!!!!!

Did Mort report this one too? Is Eli's shoulder still seperated?
lol i got that feeling to, dont if people remember but when Adam from NFLTA said art shell will be fired the raiders didnt deny anything and he was fired, but this time Al does deny it...does this mean hes not going anywhere
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Kiffin in Atlanta. But that would be the smart thing to do, so who knows.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Kiffin pursuing some of the big college openings and this angered Davis? Fair enough really, I mean if he wanted to go to Michigan/WVU etc and only now wants to stay with the Raiders because he didn't get them, I can understand why Davis might be PO'd.

Anyway, it seems embarrassing for the NFL that the head coach for the North senior bowl squad might not be a HC in a few more days/weeks.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is a classic case of BSPN rearing it's ugly head again with no real credible source to name in the situation, it's a slow week in between Super Bowl coverage and it seems that Raider drama is always good for making headlines. When will the media stop making unfounded rumors about Davis, the man is a legend and people bag on him but how many other franchises have been to 5 superbowls and almost one in every decade? not many can boast that kind of track record. Hate him all you want but it's him that got bagged for hiring Kiffin only to have the media backtrack on their laughter and admit that Kiffin was a good decision. Long story short, this is classis Chris Mortensen ********.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coaching the Raiders has to be the absolutel worst career move you could make. You're basically guaranteed to coach a terrible team for 1 year and then get fired.

It takes alot for me to feel bad for Raiders fans...but I almost do.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin won twice as many games as Art Shell did in 2006 . . . That's improvement, lol.

Al Davis makes Ford, Sr. look like a rocket surgeon.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

al davis is a rat

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I could see Kiffin in Atlanta. But that would be the smart thing to do, so who knows.
...As what?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Probably because he won't have to pay him he remainder of his contract if he resigns.

We're honestly getting to Marge Schott levels. The NFL needs to step in and take the Raiders away from Al Davis. Yes it's a drastic and controversial move, but he's losing his mind. Coordinators were already turning down the job (hence why he had to hire a nobody from a college program). I wouldn't be suprised if the next coach is from high school, or Davis himself. Hopefully for Raiders' fans sake Rob Ryan will want it.
Agreed, The NFL needs to step in. Al Davis has to be to stopped, I don't know what to think anymore... If Kiffin is gone get this, Kirk Morrison is going into this 4th season next year and he will be going on his 4th Head Coach. This is just insane!
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
And the Knicks for Dolan.
AND THE INDIANS AWAY FROM DOLAN!

Damn the Dolans...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silver and Black til I die but man this team is in such turmoil from top to bottom. Al Davis promised Kiffin he would have more control over staff and personal matters than recent Raiders coaches. I guess some things never change.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Germans know how bad Davis sucks? Is there a money shot?
actually he sucks good without his denture
Old 01-26-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
...As what?
Offensive coordinator but Mularkey has been hired.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
...As what?
Offensive coordinator but Mularkey has been hired.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Coaching the Raiders has to be the absolutel worst career move you could make. You're basically guaranteed to coach a terrible team for 1 year and then get fired.

It takes alot for me to feel bad for Raiders fans...but I almost do.
Its great financially though.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope this isnt true but more and more these things happen year after year and i cant stop thinking how can it not be true. As a raider fan i try to hang on with every string to stick with Al Davis and his decisions and year after year another string of my loyalty gets cut off by him. Im just tired of having no stability im tired that a team goes no where year after year and yet i still have hope which others dont. I would love to have a team that has atleast a playoff chance every year a team that doesnt always have to be the best but atleast be there at the end of the season for a shot and im a firm believer that cant happen anymore unless Al is gone. I have a feeling AL wants to win one more before he departs from this world. So he wants to see major results fast and if not he wont waste his time to have them stick around thus causing no stability in the organization. I think it is time for the NFL to do something its gotten ridiculous and im sick of hopeing for the best for my team and getting the worst in the end. Kiffin is the first coach i have had hopes for since gruden he has done some good things for this team he deserves to stay.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wheres Dr. Death when you need him
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those Smokes Aint Doing Their Job!!!!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:51 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

This whole situation is making that franchise look like a joke. Al's had a nice run (well, twenty years ago), but it's time for someone else to run the show.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
This whole situation is making that franchise look like a joke. Al's had a nice run (well, twenty years ago), but it's time for someone else to run the show.
hahahahhahaha like that would ever happen, i think theres a better chance that Tom Brady gets cut after this year then that
Old 01-27-2008, 04:01 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
hahahahhahaha like that would ever happen, i think theres a better chance that Tom Brady gets cut after this year then that
He could die.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:02 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm View Post
He could die.
your just evil, and i still hate your sig lol haha
Old 01-27-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
That sounds like Al Davis to me.

But at $2 million a year I could put up with a lot before quitting.
On top of that, this is a great career move for Kiffin. With all this that is going on (Raider fans have been watching this develop since King mentioned it after the Jaguars lost in the playoffs) and more and more there is a rallying of the media and other coaches around Kiffin while the negative attitude toward Davis has gone from "old and getting senile" to "absolutely ridiculous old man." Hiring Shell and Walsh was one thing, now the move of trying to force Kiffin to resign so that he doesn't have to pay him shifts him past Osama Bin Laden territory in terms of most easily hated person.

Kiffin's stock is sky rocketing around the league (and probably colleges too) for dealing with all this.

From a Raider fan who has stuck by Al Davis through thick and thin, this final act of sending the resignation letter for Kiffin to sign is the final straw. The Kiffin hiring had actually gained respect from me, but now...

There is no way the Raiders reach any respectable level until Al Davis is gone. That is guaranteed, unless as someone (I think bf_51) mentioned, Ryan takes the head coaching position. Not a single respectable coach will take a job with the Raiders. Not a single unrespectable coach will take a job with the Raiders. As someone mentioned again, Davis may be forced to glean the high school coaching ranks to find someone to take a job with him.

I never thought I'd say it, but it's time for Davis to go.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
UK Cards Fan
Rookie

UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.UK Cards Fan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is Al competing with Dan Snyder for the worst decisions in sports, 2008? Seriously, asking a coach to resign after one year...? And it's not like this is a one off.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** al davis
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote