Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

View Poll Results: Which OT would you take?
Sam Baker 2 8.70%
Jeff Otah 6 26.09%
Chris Williams 13 56.52%
Gosder Cherilus 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OT's

I was contemplating a new mock...and i really couldnt decide which OT prospect i would take. So i thought i'd get some imput from you guys. If these tackles were all available at our 1st round pick, which would you want???
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Gosder Cherilus the best but I think he fits better at right tackle.

I think we need a left tackle so I'd go with either Williams or Baker.

Baker's short arms seem to worry me.....and the word is Williams struggles with speed.

Well I guess I'll go with Williams he was a SEC vet that has to mean something

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the idea of the poll

i went with jeff otah, i think we may be alright with essex / smith at LT this and next year (assuming smith is still here)

thus we need a good RT, and otah is that blend of a pass protector and a mauler that we need

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Williams can usurp RT for a season as he's a better run blocker than Colon, and in 2008 take LT.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:06 PM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

steelersfan27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont like the idea of someone playing RT for his 1st year, then switching to LT.
steelersfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan27 View Post
i dont like the idea of someone playing RT for his 1st year, then switching to LT.
and why is that?

Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
and why is that?
the hardest thing for a rookie is transitioning and learning their position in the NFL. and to learn a new position the very next year is tough.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
the hardest thing for a rookie is transitioning and learning their position in the NFL. and to learn a new position the very next year is tough.
i agree.. kinda

this is their job, if they cannot learn 2 positions very similar position then they have no business being in the NFL

Colon learned pretty much every line position his rookie year... so yeah i don't buy it

Old 01-26-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
steelersfan27
Rookie

Quote:
i agree.. kinda

this is their job, if they cannot learn 2 positions very similar position then they have no business being in the NFL
Colon learned pretty much every line position his rookie year... so yeah i don't buy it
very good point. but colon is an extremely hard worker and spends a lot of time in the film room. the question is: is williams a hard worker or not?
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
very good point. but colon is an extremely hard worker and spends a lot of time in the film room. the question is: is williams a hard worker or not?
i would hope so

vandy def isnt a slacker school

Old 01-26-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i would hope so

vandy def isnt a slacker school
Yeah, people don't go to Vandy to Slack, they go to FSU.

Williams is a very intelligent hard worker.. and honestly, he'll probably learn the RT plays in TC, then throughout the season expand to LT plays as the #2 LT.

It's not as if we're training him for 2 vastly different positions.. CB/S, DE/LB, TE/WR, ect where there is a lot and lots of different tendencies.. it's either, run block or pass block.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's supposed to be real intelligent aswell...and he's picked up playing RT this week pretty quick.

EDIT: Stiller got there b4 me
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose Otah. While I would love to have Williams, Baker, or Cherlius, I believe Otah has a lot more potential then all three of these men. I also believe that Otah is better then them too and if he were to somehow slip to us, I would chose him in a heart beat.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I chose Otah. While I would love to have Williams, Baker, or Cherlius, I believe Otah has a lot more potential then all three of these men. I also believe that Otah is better then them too and if he were to somehow slip to us, I would chose him in a heart beat.
I think it may play out that Otah is the Top OT with Sam Baker when we draft.. I think Chris Williams might have played himself in the top 20.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Palmer26
Rookie

Palmer26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I took Baker.

Baker is the best pure pass protecting LT in the draft. He's a better pass protector than even Clady & Jake Long. While he doesn't fit the Steeler mold, I think keeping Ben upright is priority #1. Ben, knowing his blindside is safe, should be able to make reads and make plays.

I like Cherilus as a RT, but if I have a chance to take a really good, known LT, I'll do it.

Ottah has "potential". Has Parcells said, if you have potential, it means you haven't done anything yet. Ottah could be good, or he could just be Max Starks.

Same goes for Williams, but I do like him better than Ottah. I thought he played pretty well all week and may very well be the 3rd OT off the board.
Palmer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer26 View Post
I took Baker.

Baker is the best pure pass protecting LT in the draft. He's a better pass protector than even Clady & Jake Long. While he doesn't fit the Steeler mold, I think keeping Ben upright is priority #1. Ben, knowing his blindside is safe, should be able to make reads and make plays.

I like Cherilus as a RT, but if I have a chance to take a really good, known LT, I'll do it.

Ottah has "potential". Has Parcells said, if you have potential, it means you haven't done anything yet. Ottah could be good, or he could just be Max Starks.

Same goes for Williams, but I do like him better than Ottah. I thought he played pretty well all week and may very well be the 3rd OT off the board.
Otah already has more athleticism than Starks so he's going to be a good RT at worst.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is already the best out of this bunch and has the most athleticism and potential...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Williams as I continue to band wagon him. I judge talent by playing madden and I have a feeling he will have a bull dozer and will be close to the shield, because of his good footwork.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

TheWood56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Chris Williams as I continue to band wagon him. I judge talent by playing madden and I have a feeling he will have a bull dozer and will be close to the shield, because of his good footwork.
LOL. :D

I think he could have the shield because he's a gun pass blocker and has great footwork. Not so sure about the bull dozer, as he's not really a top notch run blocker, though after a season or two in franchise mode, you better believe he'll be a bull dozer in mine.

Anyways, I might go play Madden now. :)
TheWood56 is offline   Reply With Quote