Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who means more to the Patriots?
Bill Belichick 37 50.68%
Tom Brady 36 49.32%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

That's funny, Tom Brady led the NFL in TD passes in 2002...

Also:

Quote:
Brady played much of the second half of the season with a shoulder injury, and New England head coach Bill Belichick has since indicated that if the Patriots had made the playoffs, Brady would not have been able to play in the first game due to that injury
Old 01-27-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say this all the time...

Bill Belichick was 5-13 in NE before Tom Brady became the starting quarterback. Since then? You see the results.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

wow what happen bill was killing tom now there neck for neck
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Bill Belichick was 5-13 in NE before Tom Brady became the starting quarterback. Since then? You see the results.
Good point, it's not like Belichick and the coaching staff he put together had anything to do with Brady specifically or the roster as a whole over the years.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
This team wouldn't be here for other coaches to take to a 2nd round playoff game if it weren't for Belichick. This is his painting. Another artist can't come in and claim it as their own. That's the bottom line. Belichick has had a far greater impact on this team than Brady has. And that's not to take a damn thing away from Brady. As I've said, he's obviously a great QB.

It's just funny that you point to how talented the DL and LB's are, and how deep the secondary is, as though that's a strike against Belichick. As if they just appeared in New England as finished products and went out there and performed on their own without any direction whatsoever. As though they didn't join Belichick's team and adhere to his standards.

Belichick has been winning with a lot of different guys on defense. Hell, perhaps the biggest star, Seymour, was out for a large part of this season, and they still did well. Sure the coach is nothing without his players, but the same goes for individual players. They need their teammates and they need their coaches. Belichick doesn't deserve all the credit, but he certainly deserves more credit than any individual player or any of the other coaches. Brady's role is huge, but Belichick is the director. I just don't see what's so difficult to understand about that.
Okay, I think I understand now. You're looking at the bigger picture, as in, how Belichick assembled the team. I'm just talking about this year, if Belichick were to, say, take a year off or get suspended for spygate. If we're talking about the assembling and maturation of the team over the years, then obviously it's Bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HEY! there's no camcorder guy option!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

And you can say the same thing about Mike Vrabel and Richard Seymor. The Patriots didn't go from 5-11 to dynasty mode because of any single player. This is a team game. Belichick became HC in 2000, and got to work on building his team. Tom Brady is a part of that team. Again, he seems to be garnering far more than his share of the credit for their success over the past several years. He plays a huge role, but so do others.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Okay, I think I understand now. You're looking at the bigger picture, as in, how Belichick assembled the team. I'm just talking about this year, if Belichick were to, say, take a year off or get suspended for spygate. If we're talking about the assembling and maturation of the team over the years, then obviously it's Bill.
Oh, yeah the thread title is pretty ambiguous. I just kinda took it literally when he said "who means more to the New England Patriots." To me, the obvious answer is Bill, because without him, then everything about them is different. Without Brady, they have a different QB. I couldn't believe people were actually arguing with me about it. I absolutely agree with your interpretation of it, too.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duckseason is on to something, ask every single Pats fan, player, and employee who, if they had to choose, they would rather lose for 2008: Belichick or Brady.