Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

I am sure that the competition committee will make some rule over the offseason about how players with multiple penalties like this will be suspended for the next game ala the horsecollar suspension but with all penalties that are severe enough to merit a fine.

...and then it will happen to a player on one of our teams and we will all cry about it.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Dirtiest player in the league is Rodney Harrison...hands down. The Pats really have become punks because the refs let them get away with it. Look at Richard Seymour...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
The Dirtiest player in the league is Rodney Harrison...hands down. The Pats really have become punks because the refs let them get away with it. Look at Richard Seymour...

Please tell me you are not talking about the time he tapped Rivers and he fell down.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Please tell me you are not talking about the time he tapped Rivers and he fell down.
Who? Rodney Harrison or Richard Seymour?

I'm not sure if Sports Illustrated does the dirtiest player in the NFL award anymore but they used to have a selection of NFL players vote for who they think is the dirtiest player in the NFL, Rodney Harrison won the award in 2004 and 2006. In 2006 Rodney Harrison recieved 23% of the votes, the next closest players were Joey Porter and Jon Runyan with only 6%. In 2004 Rodney Harrison recieved 15% of the votes, and the next closest was Hines Ward with 9% and again Jon Runyan was on the list with 8%.

This year, Sporting News polled 107 players in the NFL for who the dirtiest player in the NFL is. Again, Rodney Harrison won by a land slide, with 29% (Richie Icognito got 2nd with 7.5%, Roy Williams 3rd with 6%, Jon Runyan 4th 4.5%, and Joey Porter 5th 4%).
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
No, I'm talking about the stomping the hands, and eye gouges...the fact that he really did deserve a penalty on that play doesn't make him dirty. You're not allowed to touch the QB...he did...should have been flagged, but that wasn't dirty...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Wilfork is an extremely dirty player, the Losman hit was a disgrace, and then twice in the Pats/Ravens game he went after Boller's knees after Kyle had thrown the ball. The Pats are just a dirty team that gets all the help in the world, and thats why its tough, almost impossible to beat them. Don't get me wrong definitely a team of great players but when you have the NFL and the officials on your side like they do, its not shocking that they haven't been beaten yet.

says the ravens fan which team especially bart scott cheap-shot reggie bush in 06 all the game.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bart Scott doesnt count...its just his nature...btw Eru hates Bart Scott, he wanted to see him in Detroit o.O

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
says the ravens fan which team especially bart scott cheap-shot reggie bush in 06 all the game.
are you talking bout the time when Scott sprained Reggie ankle? Bart said he "put a little hot sauce on that ankle" because Reggie cheap shoted him earlier.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
are you talking bout the time when Scott sprained Reggie ankle? Bart said he "put a little hot sauce on that ankle" because Reggie cheap shoted him earlier.
i canīt remember bush cheap shoting anyone... or did you mean he hurdled him ?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
Who? Rodney Harrison or Richard Seymour?

I'm not sure if Sports Illustrated does the dirtiest player in the NFL award anymore but they used to have a selection of NFL players vote for who they think is the dirtiest player in the NFL, Rodney Harrison won the award in 2004 and 2006. In 2006 Rodney Harrison recieved 23% of the votes, the next closest players were Joey Porter and Jon Runyan with only 6%. In 2004 Rodney Harrison recieved 15% of the votes, and the next closest was Hines Ward with 9% and again Jon Runyan was on the list with 8%.

This year, Sporting News polled 107 players in the NFL for who the dirtiest player in the NFL is. Again, Rodney Harrison won by a land slide, with 29% (Richie Icognito got 2nd with 7.5%, Roy Williams 3rd with 6%, Jon Runyan 4th 4.5%, and Joey Porter 5th 4%).
I'm not saying Rodney Harrison is a choir boy, but he wins on reputation alone. ..
Old 01-27-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every team has dirty players, but the Patriots just have alot more than other teams.

My favorite was when Rodney Harrison called the Giants dirty lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The worst facemask ever happened to Larry Johnson last year. Hands down.
Yep I thought he was either dead or would never walk again.

As for this thread if you saw the PC from Strahan I'm with him he pretty much said all NFL players are dirty it is a dirty game you have to be a little crazy to play the game.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah but there is always somebody who is crossing the boundaries.
Its like boxing, i mean u can hit as hard as u want and be dirty, but seriously, its just not manly to for example hit someone in the nuts

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Yeah Antrell Rolle basically turned his helmet 180 degrees.

But I don't understand how they can just continue to fine this kind of behavior and not take it more seriously..

I mean, the Haynesworth thing was absurd, but it was 1 action.. Wilfork is up to what.. 4?

Knee that I believe was a no call, the eye poke and now this..

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Stomping on somebody's head during a football game is a million times worse than anything Wilfork has done.

And the damn eye poke wasn't even that bad.

Edit// And yeah, LJ's facemask was gruesome

RIP ST

Last edited by Shahin : 01-27-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Stomping on somebody's head during a football game is a million times worse than anything Wilfork has done.

And the damn eye poke wasn't even that bad.

Edit// And yeah, LJ's facemask was gruesome
Are you kidding me? I'll agree that stomping on someone's head with your cleats is absolutely terrible and probably worse than anything Wilfork. However, that eye poke was absolutely ridiculous. Wilfork was frustrated that he wasn't doing well, he started jawing with Jacobs and then reached into Brandon's facemask and poked his eye. Because he was frustrated. That is about as punk as it comes apart from stomping on someone's helmet-less head.

I'm sick of Wilfork's punk attitude on the field. I'm glad he hasn't done anything off the field, in that regard he's doing well. But his on-field actions are ridiculous.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanSaint View Post
i canīt remember bush cheap shoting anyone... or did you mean he hurdled him ?
well Bart did tackle Reggie when he had the ball, it was a legal hit IIRC. Maybe it wasnt picked up on camera who knows.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love dirrty players!!! You want a dude that allways starts fights...stomps on heads...gouges eyes etc...That stuff is allways fun, i say there is not enough dirrty players in the league!
Old 01-27-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Wilfork facemask penalty is something i see every week. Please stop overreacting. Its a classic 15 yard penalty. Turner was strong enough to cause Wilfork to let go of the facemask before it was too bad.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
[IMG]http://www.supermegacomics.com/fanart/fanart_malachyisntdead_emokid.jpg[IMG]

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Are you kidding me? I'll agree that stomping on someone's head with your cleats is absolutely terrible and probably worse than anything Wilfork. However, that eye poke was absolutely ridiculous. Wilfork was frustrated that he wasn't doing well, he started jawing with Jacobs and then reached into Brandon's facemask and poked his eye. Because he was frustrated. That is about as punk as it comes apart from stomping on someone's helmet-less head.

I'm sick of Wilfork's punk attitude on the field. I'm glad he hasn't done anything off the field, in that regard he's doing well. But his on-field actions are ridiculous.
You don't gotta tell me what happened, I saw it live. He didn't even get that much eyeball. I'm not sayin' it wasn't bad. It just wasn't THAT bad.

...Wear a damn visor.

RIP ST
Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
here ya go addict, lemme fix that for ya
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
You don't gotta tell me what happened, I saw it live. He didn't even get that much eyeball. I'm not sayin' it wasn't bad. It just wasn't THAT bad.

...Wear a damn visor.
I always hated when guys wore dark visors, like their afraid to let me look them in the eyes. Seemed like the guys that wore the dark visors were always loud-mouthed too, like they could hide behind a mask and do whatever they wanted like they were Batman or something. If you must wear a visor (which I think there are very few people who absolutely should), wear a clear one. Jerks.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I always hated when guys wore dark visors, like their afraid to let me look them in the eyes. Seemed like the guys that wore the dark visors were always loud-mouthed too, like they could hide behind a mask and do whatever they wanted like they were Batman or something. If you must wear a visor (which I think there are very few people who absolutely should), wear a clear one. Jerks.
Haha, those dark visors look badass though :P

RIP ST
Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post

was the eye poke bad? yes, absolutely. was it the worst penalty and dirtiest play ever commited? not by a long shot. if he had actually poked him in the eye as bad as you make it seem to be, jacobs' eye would have been damaged, which as far as i know it wasn't. correct me if im wrong, but i dont believe he even left the field. Also, stomping on a players head with cleats when he has no helmet is by far the dirtiest thing i have ever seen on a football field. nothing compares to it.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Yeah Antrell Rolle basically turned his helmet 180 degrees.

But I don't understand how they can just continue to fine this kind of behavior and not take it more seriously..

I mean, the Haynesworth thing was absurd, but it was 1 action.. Wilfork is up to what.. 4?

Knee that I believe was a no call, the eye poke and now this..

Anything else I'm forgetting?
like this

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote