Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-14-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
:roll: at the Nuggets being better than the Mavs...
you know it
Old 04-15-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Syll
Quote:
you know it
Let's put this into perspective, shall we?

Two of Dallas' victories against Denver were super close, and in both of those games that they lost closely, Denver didnt have their full healthy roster. In their first matchup of the season, Denver had an 18 point lead in the late third, before they got lazy and lost the game. In their second matchup, Denver had a mental collapse in OT, which had cost them the game. The third mathcup, Denver owned Dallas, while I will admit that you guys destroyed us in the last matchup.

Factor in that Dallas DOES NOT MATCH UP WELL with Denver's style, speed, and agressiveness, and Dallas could lose to a HEALTHY Denver team that has rarely seen Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby, Eduardo Najera, Earl Boykins (recently), and Nene (whole season) on the court simultaenously.

I didn't say that Denver right now is better than Dallas. I said "when healthy" they are better. If you can't see that, then you honestly must not have watched the Dallas-Denver games. Dallas may have a better record, but the record is deceiving in that Denver was injury plagued the whole season, and that Denver simply matches up well against Dallas. I honestly wouldn't mind playing Dallas in the playoffs.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 01:29 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Quote:
you know it

Two of Dallas' victories against Denver were super close, and in both of those games that they lost closely, Denver didnt have their full healthy roster. In their first matchup of the season, Denver had an 18 point lead in the late third, before they got lazy and lost the game. In their second matchup, Denver had a mental collapse in OT, which had cost them the game. The third mathcup, Denver owned Dallas, while I will admit that you guys destroyed us in the last matchup.

Factor in that Dallas DOES NOT MATCH UP WELL with Denver's style, speed, and agressiveness, and Dallas could lose to a HEALTHY Denver team that has rarely seen Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby, Eduardo Najera, Earl Boykins (recently), and Nene (whole season) on the court simultaenously.

I didn't say that Denver right now is better than Dallas. I said "when healthy" they are better. If you can't see that, then you honestly must not have watched the Dallas-Denver games. Dallas may have a better record, but the record is deceiving in that Denver was injury plagued the whole season, and that Denver simply matches up well against Dallas. I honestly wouldn't mind playing Dallas in the playoffs.

Dallas has had injury after injury as well. Injuries happen in the NBA its the teams that survive them and don't count on 1 or 2 players to make them great that win.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thah0ward2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namy
Quote:
Quote:
you know it

Dallas has had injury after injury as well. Injuries happen in the NBA its the teams that survive them and don't count on 1 or 2 players to make them great that win.
Injury after injury? I remember Howard getting injured for a few games and Harris for about 15 games, but nothing else really. Please give me a list of their injuries if I'm wrong.

The Nuggets on the other hand have played all season without Nene, and practically half the season w/o Kenyon Martin or Marcus Camby or neither on the court. Najera, a key component to last year's defense for the Nuggets has been injured for numerous games as well.

Injuries happen in the NBA, but some teams have a lot more than others.

Quote:
the teams that survive them and don't count on 1 or 2 players to make them great that win.
This may be the stupidest argument I've seen. Name one team where you take their star player(s) out and can survive the playoffs or still win about 55+ games or so. I'd like to see how you guys fair w/o Nowitzki and Terry for half the season. How Pheonix would go w/o Nash. How would the Pistons be w/o Billups and Hamilton? What about Miami without Wade and Shaq? The Spurs w/o Parker and Duncan?

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote