Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 19-0: The Historic Championship Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...550_pe_snp_500
19-0: The Historic Championship Season of New England's Unbeatable Patriots

They already wrote a book about it before the damn game has even been played! Wow, boston fans have turned into what they hate. It's like they become the way Yankee fans act. Book goes on sale after the game I guess.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What amazing arrogance. Now I will be even more amused if the Giants can pull this off...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But but but but but..... the Yankees spend lots of money! And that makes the Patriots fans different.[/whine]
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think New England fans have gone universally overboard. After years of pain and suffering, they now have some sustained success, but they haven't realized that once you have that success, you should act with class, like you've been there before.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think New England fans have gone universally overboard. After years of pain and suffering, they now have some sustained success, but they haven't realized that once you have that success, you should act with class, like you've been there before.
It's a little tough to act like you have been there before when you haven't.

They were pretty bad for a pretty long time.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Class and boston fans don't go together. I should know I went to Boston U there for 4 years, and this past year was there coaching TEs at a D3 college. So I know boston very well and classy is not a word to descibe them.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
It's a little tough to act like you have been there before when you haven't.

They were pretty bad for a pretty long time.
Since 2001, the Red Sox have won 2 World Series, and the Patriots have won 3 Super Bowls and are in their 4th. The fans of these teams that I know treat other fans with extreme disrespect that is not warranted. The fans of these teams that I do not know show zero class. During 2004, I couldn't blame them. At this point, it has become a serious issue.

I am very happy for the fans who stuck with these franchises through thick and thin. However, the bandwagon idiots are ruining a lot of this.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha ha check out the tags. My favorite is Dewy beats Truman

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what to say about that really, I am finding it hard to believe a newspaper with such a great reputation like the globe would do such a stupid thing like that.

And most of the classless Boston fans were classless even when we couldn't get a winning season from the Sox, Celtics, Pats, or Bruins so it shouldn't really be a new and suprising thing. Many New York fans are assholes too, and there has been a lot of whining by Giants fans before the super bowl.

Most asshole Boston sports fans are people who don't even care how our teams do, they are just bandwagon jumpers who go to the bars, get drunk, and never shut up about how we can't lose. They don't care about sports.

Quote:
So I know boston very well and classy is not a word to descibe them.
I hate to burst your unbiased bubble Shockey, but BU or its surrounding area is not a good way to judge Boston. It is basically made up of all rich, spoiled suburban kids. I really wouldn't consider that a good way to judge the city. Some people from Boston may be assholes but BU is not a good place to judge Boston from.

Last edited by Don Vito : 01-29-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Yeah right, like if it was all the fans....

Of course, there those Pats fans who always predict blowout (laughable) and those who are always pessimistic.

I don't think its fanbase is really different from others except maybe the numerous bandwaggoners, which I personnally despise.

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, alot of people who go to Boston U aren't even from anywhere near Boston
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...550_pe_snp_500
Wow, boston fans have turned into what they hate. It's like they become the way Yankee fans act. Book goes on sale after the game I guess.
Funny too, I'm not from Boston, nor New England....

And to be fair, I have always preferred the Yankees to the Red Sox (which team I don't care at all)

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
Also, alot of people who go to Boston U aren't even from anywhere near Boston
Yup, its a lot of out of state kids and most of the in-state kids are suburban kids who are able to pay about $40,000 a year. Not the greatest place to judge the rest of the city off of.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I don't know what to say about that really, I am finding it hard to believe a newspaper with such a great reputation like the globe would do such a stupid thing like that.

And most of the classless Boston fans were classless even when we couldn't get a winning season from the Sox, Celtics, Pats, or Bruins so it shouldn't really be a new and suprising thing. Many New York fans are assholes too, and there has been a lot of whining by Giants fans before the super bowl.

Most asshole Boston sports fans are people who don't even care how our teams do, they are just bandwagon jumpers who go to the bars, get drunk, and never shut up about how we can't lose. They don't care about sports.

I hate to burst your unbiased bubble Shockey, but BU or its surrounding area is not a good way to judge Boston. It is basically made up of all rich, spoiled suburban kids. I really wouldn't consider that a good way to judge the city. Some people from Boston may be assholes but BU is not a good place to judge Boston from.

It's in the city, on comm ave, it's not like BC in chestnut hill. Also, most of the colleges around there are the same, Tufts, MIT, Harvard, BU, Northeastern, and so on. Unless someone is from southy or charlestown it's a different story. But being there 4 years, and going around and actually being friends with people from there you get to sense of the hatred of anything NY.

Even when the pats won in 01 against the rams, we all went to Kenmore square, and it was crazy. First thing they chanted..... yankees suck when their football team won. They do this at WWF or now WWE events, where my friends went and couldn't believe it. And even at college games like BC-Miami which I went to my freshman year.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handel View Post
Yeah right, like if it was all the fans....

Of course, there those Pats fans who always predict blowout (laughable) and those who are always pessimistic.

I don't think its fanbase is really different from others except maybe the numerous bandwaggoners, which I personnally despise.
I was in the ESPN Zone watching the Pats-Jaguars playoff game. There was 1 table of Jags fans and a few Pats fans scattered around. Every time the Jags fans cheered for their team, a the same NE fans would go over and yell at them to shut up. Whenever the Pats fans cheered, they were negative towards the Jags fans. At the end of the game, 3 Pats fans jumped on the Jags' fans table and danced on it.

I heard similar BS happened during the regular season game @ NYG and such. My friends in NY report similar issues at bars during the games.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston fans need to get over themselves. No one feels sorry for them. The Red Sox and Pats could win 10 more championships and they still wouldn't be NY. They just have to accept it. NY fans really just don't have the same hatred as they do. We really have no reason to hate them.

Regardless, we'll just have to hope the Giants win and the Globe can ship all those 19-0 books to help kids in third world countries in Africa learn to read.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

And everyone and their mothers in the Giants organization guaranteeing victory is any classier?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not sure if these books have been printed yet. I think it's going to have a collection of all the stories from the Boston Globe for the entire season. They'll have all the Super Bowl coverage in there before it goes to print.

If nothing else, I'd be happy to see them have to write off their efforts in compiling that book as an arrogant, presumptuous, loss in their accounting records. No one is going to buy an 18-1 Pats book... except maybe Jug.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
And everyone and their mothers in the Giants organization guaranteeing victory is any classier?
I don't see a supposed guarantee of a SB win and a book about a 19-0 team being sold before the Super Bowl being even remotely the same.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one really guaranteed victory. The press has been pushing for a guarantee all week. Giants have been beating around the bush about it. No one has said "I guarantee we will win", the most someone has said was Plax. Someone asked him "Are you ready to make history" and he replied, "You better believe it".
Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
If nothing else, I'd be happy to see them have to write off their efforts in compiling that book as an arrogant, presumptuous, loss in their accounting records. No one is going to buy an 18-1 Pats book... except maybe Jug.
I wouldn't buy it. I actually like the Pats. If they were playing anyone else but us, I'd be rooting for them. I just think preselling a 19-0 book is a bit much and I don't really care for the Boston print media. Sometimes I feel like they are the ones pushing the NY envy/hatred. Perhaps they couldn't get a job with the Times or Daily News.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 01-29-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Pats fans a cut above
Giants outclassed on the field and in the stands
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...ome&position=0

This was the reply:
http://kissmesuzy.blogspot.com/2008/...e-douchey.html
Old 01-29-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the Patriots so much........PLEASE GOD LET THE GIANTS WIN!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am torn on this game. I severely dislike (but respect) the Giants and their fans. At the same time, I respect the Pats, but severely dislike their attitude and their arrogant fan base. It is a sucky situation.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As arrogant as it is, its no more arrogant than the Super Bowl shuffle. When you're 18-0, you can be as cocky as you want.

Hopefully the Giants shut em up. If theres one team in the league thats built to beat the Pats, its the Giants.