Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mendhall/Jones/Stewart

I am really starting to get tired of seeing mocks giving us Mendenhall or Jones when Stewart isn't on the board anymore. The more I think about it the less likely I think it is that we end up taking a RB in round 1 unless it's stewart.

I honestly don't think much of Mendenhall and would rather pass on him and Jones to take an o-lineman or a DT who is a big body and solid against the run. A player who really impressed me @ the senior bowl was Ahtyba Rubin and he would be an excellent player to add. First round worthy, maybe not, but he is the most dynamic player that I have seen at DT other than Ellis.

I would rather take Martellus Bennett in the first than Mendenhall. Call me crazy but there is something about having a 6'7 guy who can catch the football extremely well that calls to me more than a RB, especially when we're not going to be able to get rid of Alexander anytime soon. Who knows, maybe he will recover from his injuries this year and come back next year and rush for over 1500 yards.

I would much rather take a RB in round 2 or 3, as with the depth of this junior class I am sure that we could get a good one. Look at who there is, Ray Rice and Kevin Smith are my favorites. Though I would much rather have Smith.

If we can't get Stewart I am going to be praying that a player like Cherilus falls to us. The only reason I even like Stewart is that he is a local kid, if he wasn't there is no way that we take RB in the first round. We would go with the a position where there is value and will last more than 3 years (the average career for a RB), such as an o-line man.

I am starting to get tired of all the Mendenhall/Jones picks, so unless someone can give me a legitamate reason other than Alexander is over the hill, the only RB I see us picking in the first is Stewart.

We're more likely to sign a RB in free agency like, oh I don't know Kevin Jones or Julius Jones. I'd rather take a player who is going to help us win now, and you know what, a RB in the second could be just as effective as a RB in the first.
(Ahhh...it felt good to get this off of my chest...know to just stop walking into drafts that give us the same pick of Mendenhall or Jones...)
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Mendenhall is the 3rd best logical option, behind Stew and Davis. But yeah I dont know if Alexander will ever return.
Excellent post though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
i think Mendenhall is the 3rd best logical option, behind Stew and Davis. But yeah I dont know if Alexander will ever return.
Excellent post though.
Thanx...I just had to get that off of my mind (and it felt like I was ranting...), seeing all of these mocks giving us Mendenhall was getting to me, especially since I've made my feelings for him be known...they are the same as the ones I had for Bush his junior year at USC (I know completely different styles of runner but still).

I want Stewart to fall to us, but that isn't going to happen if the Arizona and Houston fans get their way, which I seriously doubt cuz I don't think either of those coaching staffs is going to take a RB round 1.

Just in case...is it wrong to hope that Stewart gets a minor injury before the combine that would affect all of his numbers? Or to just hope that he runs a 4.5-6 40 so teams will cool off on him?

On Davis though...I really cooled off on him when I found out he was really only just over 6'2. That's really going to hurt his status and because of that I can see Martellus Bennet going way over Davis, who is probably going to be available in the second or third rounds now that he isn't going to be the 2-6 inches taller than those corners or linebackers he's going to be facing.

Last edited by summond822 : 01-30-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should trade down or trade the pick for Ocho Cinco, Straight up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
We should trade down or trade the pick for Ocho Cinco, Straight up.
Getting Chad Johnson would be huge...but I don't see them trading another first rounder for another WR...maybe a combination of later picks, but I don't see us trading away a chance at a good player for 85 unless Hackett gets away in FA.

If he doesn't we'd have to go to 6 WR sets with Johnson (4 linemen 1 QB 6 receivers...think of the mismatches :D think of the sacks
Old 01-30-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Bighead734
Veteran

Bighead734 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I understand most people don't know Mendenhall and he hasn't gotten a lot of pub and I may be bias, but the kid is talented.

He can do everything you want out of a runningback. IMO McFadden is the homerun threat, Stewart has all the measureables, but Mendenhall does everything you want out of a runningback. He has the speed to run by defenders as everyone saw against a fast USC team, he has great vision, can run through people (he's jacked), has very good east-west running skills and is a pretty darn good receiver. I think Mendenhall would be great value at your pick and would be a great in a two-back system with Alexander and is definitely a guy who can handle the load when you need him to.

The One Man Fastbreak and Illini Legend Dee Brown
Bighead734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead734 View Post
I understand most people don't know Mendenhall and he hasn't gotten a lot of pub and I may be bias, but the kid is talented.

He can do everything you want out of a runningback. IMO McFadden is the homerun threat, Stewart has all the measureables, but Mendenhall does everything you want out of a runningback. He has the speed to run by defenders as everyone saw against a fast USC team, he has great vision, can run through people (he's jacked), has very good east-west running skills and is a pretty darn good receiver. I think Mendenhall would be great value at your pick and would be a great in a two-back system with Alexander and is definitely a guy who can handle the load when you need him to.
I didn't see him running by anybody in the USC game...he had over half of his yards on one play...you take that play out 16 carries for 76 yards. Thats a YPC of 4.75. I am not high on him...that's all that I care about...we have Alexander and Morris and there is almost no way that we're going to invest a first rounder in a guy like Mendenhall.

Yes, our running game sucked last year, but Alexander was hurt, and Holmgren never let Morris carry the ball. I'd rather take Martellus Bennett in the first and a guy like Kevin Smith in the second. Even if Mendenhall is on the board. We still may pick up a guy to compliment Alexander in FA, such as a Julius Jones or Kevin Jones.

Interesting thought on Stewart...why is no one questioning his abillity to run downhill since he ran out of the shotgun and spread offence all year. I heard those questions when McGahee and Benson came out...but I haven't even heard one person question Stewart's ability to do it...

Last edited by summond822 : 01-31-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be extremely happy with either Stewart or Mendenhall. If we can't get either of them, my next option is Matt Forte in the 2nd or 3rd round. I wouldn't mind taking Martellus Bennett or John Carlson in the 1st round...I really DON'T want Fred Davis, short and terrible blocking.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love rashard mendenhall to me he is just behind D-Mac. If you've seen him play you know that he is the real deal. Hes got that great size and i think that if he runs well in 40 time at the combine he will really make himself a top 20 pick. I also like Felix Jones more than Stewart because of his speed, agility and vision. His numbers don't lie and he put up those great numbers as a back-up so you know he has a lot of tred left on his tires. Although I'm not saying that i don't like Stewart i think that he will be a solid player at the next level.