Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-29-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default Would the Vikings take DeSean Jackson or Reggie Smith?

I'm looking at this situation and I can't settle it. I said Jackson by A HAIR because Tarvaris Jackson, Adrian Peterson, and Sidney Rice with this guy would be explosive.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe. This is an odd question. Would Kansas City take Jake Long or Sedrick Ellis.

Take it to the team forums, they might help you more there.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we would take Reggie Smith, but I like both of them.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
DraftKidWonder
Rookie

DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DraftKidWonder wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Maybe. This is an odd question. Would Kansas City take Jake Long or Sedrick Ellis.

Take it to the team forums, they might help you more there.
I'd say Long because the Cheifs line is HORRIBLE. They need to protect Croyle and Johnson.
DraftKidWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i would say Smith for the Vikes. Need some secondary help. But They need to establish a push rush too
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Smith, sharper getting old and they already need help in the secondary. Sidney Rice showed this year he can be good, see if vikings can get lucky having a WR fall to them in the 2nd round.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a pretty big vikes fan.. and im one of the many that questions tarvaris jackson's chance to become a good player.. they need WR and DE help baadd, but i dont think i would be any happier if they could get joe flacco in the 2nd round
Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I dont see them taking either in draft truthfully. I think Childress has shown in the past he will take the best overall player in the first round. But I honestly dont see them addressing wide out again with a young player I think they will address it in F/A. I could see them pursing a de in free agency but saftys are a dime a dozen in free agency I could see them even maybe moving Winfield to safty if they had too
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
foozball
Veteran

foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.

this year's WR depth is pretty deep. they can get someone later. but the safety depth is pretty weak so they'll go with smith or phillips IMO.
foozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
urinemonkey
Rookie

urinemonkey hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yes they would

and I don't see Phillips getting past the Broncos (at least I hope so)
urinemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Well if phillps were there Im pretty sure he would constitute the best available player
Old 01-29-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Smith. The Vikings are a weird team in that they have many minor needs and question marks but no glaring holes to draft. Teams like that piss me off in mock drafts.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Uhm no glaring needs?
do the numbers 9 tds 12 ints mean anything at all to you
LMAO
that would be a glaring need
Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Uhm no glaring needs?
do the numbers 9 tds 12 ints mean anything at all to you
LMAO
that would be a glaring need
I like Tarvaris Jackson, if that's who you're referring to.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Im sure hes a great guy. But he isnt the answer at qb. when defenses put 10 guys in the box and your coach still wont let you throw the ball or your not smart enough to audible I dont see you as being part of the solution more part of the problem
Old 01-29-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im sure hes a great guy. But he isnt the answer at qb. when defenses put 10 guys in the box and your coach still wont let you throw the ball or your not smart enough to audible I dont see you as being part of the solution more part of the problem
ditto.
vince young type
except with out the winning record
Old 01-29-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Well Jackson is 8-4 as a starter but i really thing if you look at those games the very best you could say is jackson didnt lose the game. More then saying that he won the games.

I guess Im a guy who thinks that if he is the best qb on the team he will win the job and if hes scared of competition then there is probably a reason for that.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Well Jackson is 8-4 as a starter but i really thing if you look at those games the very best you could say is jackson didnt lose the game. More then saying that he won the games.

I guess Im a guy who thinks that if he is the best qb on the team he will win the job and if hes scared of competition then there is probably a reason for that.
well yeah, you can say he's your best shot at winning, but with kelly holcomb and brooks bollinger back there, that's not saying a whole lot.
i would have loved to see Derek Anderson in a Vikes uni.. if the browns cant get him signed, i'd be more than glad to give up my first for him
Old 01-29-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
sidvicious68330

Neither, they should take Jordy Nelson, they need a big, strong, fast receiver with great hands, Jackson is to small and will be another Sinorice Moss in the NFL. Being that Tavaris Jackson is not the most accurate QB, Nelson will be able to adjust to poorly thrown balls much better then Jackson and is much harder to bring down. All Desean Jackson has on Nelson is that he is quicker off the line of scrimmage, Nelson has him beat in every other catagory. After Nelson's showing at the senior bowl, all he has to do now is run a sub 4.5 and he will soar up draft boards.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chilly has come out and said he doesn't believe in drafting a WR in round 1, but I don't know what his stance on that would be if indeed the Vikings had a WR as BPA at their selection.

I think Reggie Smith would be a great addition to the Vikings with his ability to play CB or S. He's like Dwight Smith without the pot and "consensual horseplay" in the stairwell of a night club. Not to mention that the Vikings have no youth and no depth at the S position with Doss and Tank both being FA's. I dream of Kenny Phillips, but I won't complain about Smith.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
foozball
Veteran

foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.foozball could make a wolverine purr.

i think they should take a big WR in the 2nd or 3rd to move the chains and let AD and Chester make the big plays. tarvaris is not a deep threat as a QB so why draft a deep threat WR?
foozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jackson, then you could have a good duo of Jackson to Jackson or double Js.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvicious68330 View Post
Neither, they should take Jordy Nelson, they need a big, strong, fast receiver with great hands, Jackson is to small and will be another Sinorice Moss in the NFL. Being that Tavaris Jackson is not the most accurate QB, Nelson will be able to adjust to poorly thrown balls much better then Jackson and is much harder to bring down. All Desean Jackson has on Nelson is that he is quicker off the line of scrimmage, Nelson has him beat in every other catagory. After Nelson's showing at the senior bowl, all he has to do now is run a sub 4.5 and he will soar up draft boards.
Not with the first round pick I'm assuming.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Not with the first round pick I'm assuming.
i think it would be a reach if he doesnt run under a 4.50 40 to take him in the first.. but i really really doubt he would be there when the vikes pick in the 2nd
Old 01-30-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvicious68330 View Post
nelson is not a fast receiver nor will he be drafted in the first round. plus the vikings already have their jump ball, soft hands type of receiver in sidney rice whom jackson would be a good speed complement to.