Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-30-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Qb Option

What do you guys think about trying to trade for Matt Cassel? I know he has next to zero in proof that he can be a good QB but i mean hes been behind Carson Palmer, Matt Leinert and Tom Brady. Im pretty sure hes learned a lot.

what you guys think?
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

horrible idea...Cassel yes has not had a very good opportunity to show what he has, but the chances he has had he has not taken advantage of and shown nothing. I remember this year he went in for brady at the end of the game threw one pass it was intercepted brady went back in... Cant just trade for people on assumption they will be good...You take gambles on people during the draft not trading...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was just putting it out there. I know he hasnt proved anything, just came to my head so though i might put it out there
Old 01-31-2008, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan should be drafted as your QB and possibly pick up a guy like Brad Johnson or Drew Bledsoe to play next year.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Im sorry but i would HATE if we wasted out top 5 pick on Matt Ryan. He doesnt seem like anything special to me and deff not worth top 5 money
Old 01-31-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we trade down to like 15, sure, Matt Ryan should be our QB...
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Matt Ryan should be drafted as your QB and possibly pick up a guy like Brad Johnson or Drew Bledsoe to play next year.
Why is everybody so stuck on the position of QB, like we are hurting there. We are not that horrible at QB. HARRINGTON was just that horrible that's it.

Inconsistency was the biggest problem we had last year.

If M&M gone be running the offense then Redman/ Leftwich/ Shock should be more than able to carry to fort. We just need to rid ourselves of HARRINGTON.

FYI: TOP PRIORITIES - OL, Power Back, DL, MLB

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********

Last edited by Mr. Myogi : 01-31-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post

The lowest we could trade down and still get Ryan is #7.... The Ravens could take him at #8 and the Bears would certainly take him at #14.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we are going to get Ryan and have another QB start for a year, might as well get Woodson in the 2nd and have him learn for a year. If we get Ryan, I want him starting near the end of the season...maybe last 4 games or so when playoffs are out of reach pretty much.

But I think we have a solid enough group of QBs that would keep from our rookie QB from seeing the field, which isnt a bad idea.

I am warming up to the idea of getting Matt Ryan in the top5 alot more now.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I am warming up to the idea of getting Matt Ryan in the top5 alot more now.
Especially when Ellis, McFadden, and Long could all be gone if the Falcons draw the 4th or 5th pick.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I would still find it bogus is Miami took Ellis with the number 1 pick. I dont like him in the 3-4 too much.

When is the coin flip?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Would you guys want the Falcons to go after Brady Quinn if Cleveland makes him available?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
Why is everybody so stuck on the position of QB, like we are hurting there. We are not that horrible at QB. HARRINGTON was just that horrible that's it.

Inconsistency was the biggest problem we had last year.

If M&M gone be running the offense then Redman/ Leftwich/ Shock should be more than able to carry to fort. We just need to rid ourselves of HARRINGTON.

FYI: TOP PRIORITIES - OL, Power Back, DL, MLB
You just said that you would be okay with Chris Redman or Byron leftwich running your offense. That is enough to prove my point of needing a QB in Atlanta. Then again, I understand that using a 1st rounder on a QB isn't flashy, but sometimes it is necessary.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just said that you would be okay with Chris Redman or Byron leftwich running your offense. That is enough to prove my point of needing a QB in Atlanta. Then again, I understand that using a 1st rounder on a QB isn't flashy, but sometimes it is necessary.
falcons fans know that the QBs on our rosters are not gonna get us into the playoffs. however after the vick fiasco, our OL has been greatly exposed. our most dire need is a LT for the future. and if the only OT who has the value to be taken with our first pick is gone then we would like sedrick ellis. our new coach strongly believes in stopping the run and over the years we have been very lackluster at it.

ryan's main thing is his intangibles. intangibles cant be measured so as far as i know he could be the next harrington. imo, we can draft a QB at better value who can perhaps outperform ryan in the second and even third round of this draft.

we know firsthand that we need a QB. and a QB is a sexy pick, a potential new face of the franchise but for once some of us want the 'unsexy' pick that'll hopefully help us more in the long haul.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
Would you guys want the Falcons to go after Brady Quinn if Cleveland makes him available?
Why is that even a question? YES!

Quote:

I agree completely.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
at the same time, no QB is worth the first. and Shiver don't even try saying Ryan is, he is the #11-15 prospect overall on most NFL teams boards. why do we want the #11 player in the draft at pick 3-5?

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:01 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
What do you guys think about trying to trade for Matt Cassel? I know he has next to zero in proof that he can be a good QB but i mean hes been behind Carson Palmer, Matt Leinert and Tom Brady. Im pretty sure hes learned a lot.

what you guys think?
You steal this topic idea from a member in AFMB?
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
at the same time, no QB is worth the first. and Shiver don't even try saying Ryan is, he is the #11-15 prospect overall on most NFL teams boards. why do we want the #11 player in the draft at pick 3-5?

Source? Because some places (PFW) have Ryan going to Miami at #1. He's falling no further than #8 in every mock. Unless you have inside sources on "most" NFL teams than I think that he is in our range.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

Build the lines then get a QB
Old 02-02-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Source? Because some places (PFW) have Ryan going to Miami at #1. He's falling no further than #8 in every mock. Unless you have inside sources on "most" NFL teams than I think that he is in our range.
I agree completely.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't give a damn about PFW Shiver. I go by what I hear from the people I know. and I the biggest questions on Ryan will not make him over Brohm on a big board when it comes to QB's for Mularkey (who lieks QB's who actually make good decisions)

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libid21 View Post
You steal this topic idea from a member in AFMB?
What's AFMB?
sorry but im almost never on here so idk much about it
Old 02-12-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I don't give a damn about PFW Shiver. I go by what I hear from the people I know. and I the biggest questions on Ryan will not make him over Brohm on a big board when it comes to QB's for Mularkey (who lieks QB's who actually make good decisions)
Your "inside" sources right? The same ones that told you that Atlanta was going to take Ko Simpson at #15, right? And Atlanta passed on him not once, but four times.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your "inside" sources right? The same ones that told you that Atlanta was going to take Ko Simpson at #15, right? And Atlanta passed on him not once, but four times.
Lol.

(10 characters)

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Ill rather take your sig man in second round.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote