Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chad Johnson needs to GO

He is seriously pissing me off. Today on NFL Live they asked him if he wanted to be traded. He wouldn't say "no". He said, "I want to go wherever i have a chance to make the playoffs". Trey Wingo said, "Do you think you have that in Cincinnati?" Chad smiled and said, "Next question."

This is serious ********. I don't know about you all, but I think Chad took this completely overboard. IDK who even is saying stuff that is making him mad. But if the face of our franchise doesn't want to be here and is going to act like this, get him the hell out. Trade him for Shaun Rodgers (and maybe a draft pick or two). Having Rodgers would actually make our team better, unlike Chad, who all he does is put the Bengals on Sportscenter. I'm sure Housh and Henry would be able to manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea he wants to leave Cincy but where to trade and for what?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
shaun rodgers. idk if it would work, and im not making up any trade offers because i have no idea of the value of Chad and whos on the block. I just do not want him in black and orange next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's got high teens-low 20's value. Teams with WR as a need..

#17 Minnesota
#19 Philadelphia (doubtful)
#20 Tampa Bay
#21 Washington
#24 Tennessee

I think one of them would work, Tampa and Washington seem the most likely.

I supported Chad and didn't feel he would be gone but after what he's been saying this week it's clear that freaking Rosenhaus is telling him what to say to get out of here.

He's not even our most important WR so he can be gone.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya that just crossed the line. theres a difference between being frustrated and disrespecting your team.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Titans get Chad Johnson
Bengals get 24th overall

Simple.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DEAL!

I saw the actual video of him saying it, VERY disrespectful. Chad's always been fun but this crossed the line.

How can he come back? You say only two of the players have your back and you don't think the team can go to the playoffs.

I'm done with him, he has a lot of back tracking if he wants to be accepted here again.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Reached by The Enquirer on his cell phone in Phoenix, Johnson said: “I haven’t spoken to you all year. Why you calling my (expletive) phone? Why you calling my phone?

“I don’t care what you heard on the radio.”
Classy... That an saying he'd love to be on basically every team other than the Bengals. That and he'd like to be traded to teams with a chance to win like the Panthers and Dolphins (he even said him and 89 would give him a good comob... Way to acknowledge TJ).

He's trash to me now, can't leave soon enough. He's turned his back on everyone, fans like myself who have defended him.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
New Orleans..What do you want..

BTW, he's in his 30's he won't get a 1st round pick. 2nd probably.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post

If he is traded, it should be for a first and I'm sure someone will pay it. Chambers got a second and he's had ONE 1,000 yard recieving year and he's a few months younger than CJ.

Chad has been 30 for a whole 1/2 month anyway, he's got tons of good football ahead of him (well, depending on who his QB is).
Old 02-01-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think were gonna be stuck with him this year regardless. I'm not gonna go burnin my CJ jersey just yet. If he is still CJ this year and what we've heard is just frustration talking then I'm all for him coming back until his contract is up and maybe longer. But he better be damn near perfect IMO.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post

Chad is going to get a first off someone, washington or philly come to mind as teams who could make that deal in no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jay Glazer is saying Chad was approaching other teams coaches asking them to get him out of Cincinnati at games last season. What a joke.

I liked this quote, granted it's early and I doubt it happens:

Quote:
So while the team’s options are limited, discipline can be imposed. And a league source with knowledge of the dynamics of the Bengals front office predicts that the current situation could eventually result in a T.O.-style feud.

“Mike Brown won’t trade him under any circumstances,” the source said. “They will let him sit and rot.”
I think it's just time to cut ties and move on.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You can't cut ties with him so easily. It will cost moore to cut him than it would to keep him and let him rot.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

That's why we trade him, take the cap hit and get a 1st rounder.

I'm so done with Chad. Any player who blasts their team needs to be gone, no questions asked. That's how you right the ship, no point in keeping someone if they aren't on board regardless of their talent (he's not out best WR anyway).
Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
That's why we trade him, take the cap hit and get a 1st rounder.

I'm so done with Chad. Any player who blasts their team needs to be gone, no questions asked. That's how you right the ship, no point in keeping someone if they aren't on board regardless of their talent (he's not out best WR anyway).
He is our best reciever as of now.

Untill Henry refines his game.

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
He is our best reciever as of now.

Untill Henry refines his game.
Who makes more big catches, Chad or TJ?

Those 250 yard games where we win by 20 are great but TJ's making the catches with the game on the line.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who makes more big catches, Chad or TJ?

Those 250 yard games where we win by 20 are great but TJ's making the catches with the game on the line.
It is because CJ draws the opposing teams #1 CB that TJ makes so many catches. TJ is good, I like him, but without CJ he wouldnt put up the same numbers. Henry isnt consistent enough to be counted on every week. And I could be wrong here but wasnt it people within the Bengals orginization that first started questioning wether CJ had desire to help the team win or just wanted to be a show boating WR? (i'm a 49ers fan, so I could be wrong on that assumption) Anyways people on the 9ers forum were discussing getting him. There were some who believed that CJ would be nothing without Carson, Rudi and TJ. Which clearly isnt true. He was putting up numbers before they came in to the picture. I believe that they are better players from having CJ around. I would like to have him. I can understand your frustration though. This is just a point of view from someone who is not a die hard Bengals fan.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don't fool yourself, TJ isn't 1 on 1. He's the guy getting decked over the middle in tight coverage that pulls in the catch.

CJ can do the sideline routes like it's his job, him and Palmer have that timing down perfect. He's not nearly as consistant as TJ is. TJ doesn't make the mental mistakes Chad does either. We can replace Chad, it'd be very hard to replace TJ.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen Chad is reportedly saying he will refuse to play this season if he is not traded.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
shaun rodgers. idk if it would work, and im not making up any trade offers because i have no idea of the value of Chad and whos on the block. I just do not want him in black and orange next year.
1. That'd be terrible value for you.

2. The Lions need a lot of things, but WR is definitely not one of them
Old 02-03-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Soon I will be the Artist formerly known as PalmerToCJ.

I gotta get it changed to PalmerToTJ lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 AM    (permalink
NOSH
Rookie

NOSH hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jumping the gun a little, eh? If he won't play then he needs to be traded but if Lewis has refused to talk to him for months then the Bengals turned their back on him and not the other way around. If my coach wouldn't talk to me I'd want out too.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

He's getting paid how many millions of dollars? Time to grow a pair and be a man. Plenty of people don't get along with their bosses and deal with it for a whole lot less money.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

Quote:
If he is traded, it should be for a first and I'm sure someone will pay it. Chambers got a second and he's had ONE 1,000 yard recieving year and he's a few months younger than CJ.

Chad has been 30 for a whole 1/2 month anyway, he's got tons of good football ahead of him (well, depending on who his QB is).
I think you are really overrating his value on the market. Guys that are disgruntled generally don't fetch as much on the open market as one would expect. Chambers garnered a second round because the Chargers were desperate to make the playoffs and it was going to be a late round pick (so the value is closer to a third). But AJ Smith is a bit more of a gambler than most GM's, so look at that as the exception and not the rule. Roy Williams is getting talk of late 1st/early second and he has more potential than CJ.

Of the teams with a first rounder in the teens, I don't see many of them looking to get CJ. I will look at each team:
#17 Minnesota - They have to develop Sidney Rice and Williamson and Childress is a complete dick who doesn't really put up with anything
#19 Philadelphia - After TO, I doubt it.
#20 Tampa Bay - Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard both had great years and while they are up there in years, I think they really need to look at finding a new #2 corner.
#21 Washington - They have Moss, Randel El and Lloyd all under contract... I am going to say no.
#24 Tennessee - This is a real possibility, who knows, maybe your team can trade straight up for Pac Man :) jk. I am going to say Fisher builds through the draft, because most of the titans core talent is homegrown.

I think that the best scenario would be to trade him to a coach that is on the hot seat and desperate for a WR. The Niners are an option, though Nolan is a pretty strict guy. Other options could be the second rounders of Kansas City, Oakland, Baltimore (probably not bc of the rival thing), New Orleans, Buffalo or Chicago.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote