Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fitzgerald says he would play for Eagles IF trade develops?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,64569

"Larry Fitzgerald said during an interview with a Philadelphia radio show that the Philadelphia Eagles are one of four teams he'd like to play for if traded according to Profootballtalk.com.

It remains to be seen whether the Cardinals will try to trade Fitzgerald. Due to escalators in his contract, he's scheduled to earn salaries of $14.59 million in 2008 and $17.355 million in 2009. That's nearly $32 million over two years, and then he'll hit the open market at only 26 years of age.

The Cardinals could pay him the money for the next two seasons. But it would then cost more than $20 million to retain his rights via the franchise tag for the 2010 season."
Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they need to do with rookie contracts like the NBA does, its ridiculous for guys to be the highest paid players at their position before theyve even played a down in the NFL. It also leads to the ruining of many players as they are forced to play way before they are ready because teams can't afford to pay someone that much to sit on the bench.

Also like we see it this year, unless there is a franchise QB no team ever really wants the No. 1 pick because it costs too much money to sign them.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give them our 1st and Reggie Brown for Fitzgerald, but it's not like I'm gonna be making decisions for the eagles any time soon. I'd much rather the eagles trade for Fitzgerald than Johnson, because of the age factor.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please no. Fitzgerald is probably my favorite non-Giant player. Having him on the Eagles would upset me greatly.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
they need to do with rookie contracts like the NBA does, its ridiculous for guys to be the highest paid players at their position before theyve even played a down in the NFL.
I could not agree more.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Please no. Fitzgerald is probably my favorite non-Giant player. Having him on the Eagles would upset me greatly.
Please yes. Perfect fit for the WCO and would make the offense really good. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Noone wants to pick up that contract

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Please yes. Perfect fit for the WCO and would make the offense really good. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't get too excited, this is the eagles we're talking about.
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I'm still not sold McNabb will ever be the same again. I would love it if they got a big weapon (although not Fitzgerald), and McNabb continued to struggle. The Eagles chances of getting the Lombardi trophy with McNabb under center were left on the field that day in Jacksonville along with Donovan's vomit.
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not like Fitz to be in the NFC East one bit. With that said, this is completely speculative and it doesn't matter what a player says because ultimately the teams have to reach the agreement.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
Whoever traded for him would be signing him to a new contract for at least 6 or 7 years.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

He said the Eagles are one of four teams he would play for I wonder who the other teams are?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm still not sold McNabb will ever be the same again. I would love it if they got a big weapon (although not Fitzgerald), and McNabb continued to struggle. The Eagles chances of getting the Lombardi trophy with McNabb under center were left on the field that day in Jacksonville along with Donovan's vomit.
Donovan looked much better at the end of the season. The further he separates himself from that hamstring injury the more he'll be like his old self. I'm not saying he'll ever be a top 3 QB again, but top 10 isn't out of the question.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
He said the Eagles are one of four teams he would play for I wonder who the other teams are?
I'm sure one of them is Minnesota, good young team and he's from there.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's said that he loves it in Arizona but I'd guess the four other teams are Minnesota as somebody already said, obviously Philly, probably Pittsburgh because he went to school there and maybe Washington it seems like every NFL player has a part of them that wants Dan Snyder to back his money truck up to their door.
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Wow didn't know that's how much money he was going to make.

That's waaaay too much for a WR that is not even top 3 in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz may not be a top 3 WR in the game, but he's arguably in the top 5 and easily in the top 10. He's also only 24, so he has a little more filling out to do, plus he can still get even better.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Snyder better gas up Redskin One.

Fitz is the man to get.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We discussed a lot of this yesterday on the Eagles board, and I'm not sure what Fitz's value actually is. With his sick contract numbers, he needs a huge dollar extension from any team that trades for him. He is awesome, but he also disappears at times. He doesn't have top end speed, but his route-running, hands, and body control are ridiculous. I'm just not sure he's going to be the premier WR in this league.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-01-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Snyder better gas up Redskin One.

Fitz is the man to get.
There is zero indication that Fitz is even on the block. I'm not sure he would even want to go to Washington. It's not always about the money. They don't even have a coach at this point.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope the Vikings are one of the four other teams.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

When a real media outlet reports this as moving forward, I think we can discuss. It is surprising that any franchise would put itself in a position to have to pay a player $32mm over 2 seasons. When the team saw he was going to exceed the escalators, they should have busted out an extension to limit their financial risks.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
There is zero indication that Fitz is even on the block. I'm not sure he would even want to go to Washington. It's not always about the money. They don't even have a coach at this point.
No, but they have Zorn there who is calling the WCO. We're in the market for a big WR for Campbell. Whoever the coach is will have very little input on what goes on. Blatche has the D, Zorn has the offense.

Do you think the Cards are gonna pay the 32m they owe him for the next two years? More importantly, do you think Jeffrey 'big spender' Lurie would do it?

Well I know Snyder would.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
No, but they have Zorn there who is calling the WCO. We're in the market for a big WR for Campbell. Whoever the coach is will have very little input on what goes on. Blatche has the D, Zorn has the offense.

Do you think the Cards are gonna pay the 32m they owe him for the next two years? More importantly, do you think Jeffrey 'big spender' Lurie would do it?

Well I know Snyder would.
Snyder would if he could, but right now, he has to worry about getting under the cap before he could even work to get Fitzgerald at all. After that, he'd have less leverage to negotiate a new deal with him because of the cap situation.

The Eagles, meanwhile, have a very young roster outside of their OT's, soon to be gone DE's like Kearse and Howard, McNabb, and Dawkins. Younger team = smaller payroll = more cap room to make that kind of move.

I'm not saying that the Redskins wouldn't make a move for Fitz or Roy or Chad. I'm just saying that it would be more difficult than you're suggesting.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I bet the Niners would gladly do it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote