Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that the Lions trade for a player that is 34 (or will be by the time the season starts) because they are in no mans land between rebuilding and trying to win now (yeah I stole that but I can't remember from who) I don't know if taking an aging player is going to cut it.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Hit a nerve? It wasn't a personal attack... I simply said that, if you were a GM in the NFL, you'd have Millen beat. You aren't and wont be, so you should feel relieved that I can't support my claim.

Hit a nerve? I'm not the one that mentioned the possibility of banning during a football conversation. Think about it...
By that logic, if I say your mom would be a better GM than Millen, I can't support my claim and thus it's not a personal attack???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I don't think that the Lions trade for a player that is 34 (or will be by the time the season starts) because they are in no mans land between rebuilding and trying to win now (yeah I stole that but I can't remember from who) I don't know if taking an aging player is going to cut it.
Actually... I'm not so sure.

Martz's departure improved the offense. Kitna will be sacked less, the Oline will have much less pressure on them and we'll be running the ball more.

If the Lions play their cards/picks right, they could actually have a decent defense going into next year. Add a top-tier MLB to the LB group and it's solid. Draft a CB or two (and a healthy Bullocks) and the secondary will be improved. Toss Taylor on a line with White and Redding and the Dline looks pretty darn good.

If this is something that Taylor wants, and Millen gets an offseason right, they could pull a Cleveland Browns and sniff the playoffs...

... or, they could just fall apart.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
By that logic, if I say your mom would be a better GM than Millen, I can't support my claim and thus it's not a personal attack???
My mom being a better GM than Millen... how would that be a personal attack? Is me telling you that I like your sig a personal attack?

How are complements even in this conversation?

(But, if it puts you at ease, I wont tell my mom about any of this.)
Old 02-01-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Yep.

Would Miami trade Taylor for Rogers straight up?
Taylor's over the hill so to speak and on the decline (career wise) besides, I think he'd want to finish his career with Miami. Same with Thomas.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
Taylor's over the hill so to speak and on the decline (career wise) besides, I think he'd want to finish his career with Miami.
http://www.thephinsider.com/story/2007/12/12/163232/08
Quote:
PFW: Jason Taylor likely to be traded
By Matty I
Posted on Wed Dec 12, 2007 at 04:32:32 PM EDT

We've been hearing these kinds of rumblings all year long, and now here's another. And this one is from a credible source. Pro Football Weekly reports that Jason Taylor wants out of Miami. Here's what they say:
Quote:
Jason Taylor wants out of Miami. We hear that the 11-year veteran, who has spent his entire career as a Dolphin, is bothered more than most players by the winless season and wants to go to a team that he deems a contender. While he hasn't come out and said it, he tacitly affirmed his willingness to be traded around the trade deadline this season, and while no deal was struck, we hear it should happen this offseason...It stands to reason that Taylor will be looked at most seriously by teams that play a base 3-4. Miami could conceivably attract a first-round pick for him, but a more likely scenario is a second-rounder.
If the Dolphins could get a 1st round pick for Taylor, that would be an absolutely great trade. I love Taylor just as much as the next guy, but he isn't part of the long-term solution here. At 33 years of age, the Dolphins might as well get for him whatever they can. I don't see how the Dolphins could get a 1st rounder for him, but I'll be hoping. However, like PFW says, even for a 2nd round pick, Miami would have to do it. Taylor's been an all-time great Dolphin and will always be loved in south Florida. But the time has come to part ways. The Dolphins can focus on long-term rebuilding while Taylor can try and get his well-deserved ring. So keep this in mind as you watch these last 3 games. You may be watching the final 3 games of an all-time great Dolphin. And if you're lucky enough to be going to the final game on December 30, be sure to show JT your appreciation for 11 great years!!
Close...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My mom being a better GM than Millen... how would that be a personal attack? Is me telling you that I like your sig a personal attack?

How are complements even in this conversation?

(But, if it puts you at ease, I wont tell my mom about any of this.)
HAHAHA.... Are you saying that I would actually be a better GM than Millen??? ... I mean, of course I would... anyone would. He's the stupidest! lol.

But weren't you telling me that I'd have Millen beat for the Stupidest GM in the league title? I'm lost.

Oh boy... I'm just going to leave this convo.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
HAHAHA.... Are you saying that I would actually be a better GM than Millen??? ... I mean, of course I would... anyone would. He's the stupidest! lol.

But weren't you telling me that I'd have Millen beat for the Stupidest GM in the league title? I'm lost.

Oh boy... I'm just going to leave this convo.
No...

I clearly said that you'd hold the "Stupidest GM" crown (thinking that the Lions would be "lucky" to get a 4th for Rogers).

You then asked if it would be a personal attack to say that my mom was a better GM than Millen. Better GM than Millen? How would a compliment be a personal attack?

It's confusing, I know... English can be a *****.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Taylor is worth more than Shaun Rogers, the Lions would have to include at least one draft pick imo.

Quote:
Martz's departure improved the offense.
I seriously doubt it, to be honest.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I didn't check but was that before or after Parcelles? Bill leaves teams winning.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No...

I clearly said that you'd hold the "Stupidest GM" crown (thinking that the Lions would be "lucky" to get a 4th for Rogers).

You then asked if it would be a personal attack to say that my mom was a better GM than Millen. Better GM than Millen? How would a compliment be a personal attack?

It's confusing, I know... English can be a *****.
OK, you wanna get back into it?

Let me try to be clear for you.

- I called Millen the Stupidest GM in the league.
- You replied saying I'd be the stupidest GM in the league.
- Then I said you must have been getting sensitive, that I hit a sensitive nerve in you, in order for you to make a comment like that.
- Then you said that's not a personal attack.
- So I'm asking you, if I said your mom would be the stupidest GM in the league (I know that sounds silly), would that offend you as being a personal attack? Cause you said that's not a personal attack when pointed in my direction...

I'd just advise you to stop.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-01-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OK, you wanna get back into it?

Let me try to be clear for you.

- I called Millen the Stupidest GM in the league.
- You replied saying I'd be the stupidest GM in the league.
- Then I said you must have been getting sensitive, that I hit a sensitive nerve in you, in order for you to make a comment like that.
- Then you said that's not a personal attack.
- So I'm asking you, if I said your mom would be the stupidest GM in the league (I know that sounds silly), would that offend you as being a personal attack? Cause you said that's not a personal attack when pointed in my direction...

I'd just advise you to stop.
HA! I love it, D-Unit... advise me to stop? You made it way too easy...

You never said "your mom would be the stupidest GM in the league"... you said "your mom would be a better GM than Millen".

Ready? Read:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I was curious as to how complementing my mom would be a personal attack. See how you complemented her? You never said she'd be "the stupidest GM in the league", you said she'd be "a better GM than Millen". Although you may not see that as some great feat, it still isn't an insult.

Get it now? You may have misspoke, and you may be confused... but that's not my fault. I tried to explain it but you "wanted to get back into it".

You sure that was a good idea?