Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've had some nice first round picks with Adrian Peterson, Kevin Williams, and Bryant McKinnie, but we've had our **** picks too ( Williamson, Erasmus James ).

Our drafting in the 90s was hit-or-miss. We had Korey Stringer, Randall McDaniel, Moss, and Culpepper, and on the the other end of the spectrum we have greats like Derrick Alexander, Dimitrius Underwood, and Duane Clemons.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears9654 View Post
True, but I'm impressed with what I've seen so far.
I agree that he had a very solid rookie year, but I want to see more before I would give him an overall grade.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
like i said earlier... Colts and Patriots have been great.

Colts:
94: Marshal Faulk RB SDSU
95: Ellis Johnson DE Florida
96: Marvin Harrison WR Syracuse
97: Tarik Glenn G Cal
98: Peyton Manning QB Tennessee
99: Edgerrin James RB Miami
00: Rob Morris LB BYU
01: Reggie Wayne WR Miami
02: Dwight Freeney DE Syracuse
03: Dallas Clark TE Iowa
04: (2nd round) Bob Sanders S Iowa
05: Marlin Jackson DB Michigan
06: Joseph Addai RB LSU
07: Anthony Gonzalez WR OSU

really can't be better than that.

Patriots:
94: Willie McGinest OLB USC
95: Ty Law CB Michigan
96: Terry Glenn WR OSU
97: Chris Canty DB Kansas State
98: Robert Edwards RB Georgia
98: Tebucky Jones DB Syracuse
99: Damien Woody C Boston College
00: (2nd round) Adrian Klemm T Hawaii
01: Richard Seymour DT Georgia
02: Daniel Graham TE Colorado
03: Ty Warren DE Texas A&M
04: Vince Wilfork NT Miami
05: Logan Mankins G Fresno State
06: Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
07: Brandon Meriweather DB Miami

Better than most, a lot of very productive guys on this list.

And coincidentally they are two of the best if not the two best teams in the league....The Colts' track record is just outstanding
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, turtlepower broke down the Giants, which until very recent history, blows. Kiwi is too early to tell, Ross has looked very good so far, and there's Eli(yea yea technically traded whatevs) and Shockey. Wily Jo blows. if you look at 2nd rounders, that's where the Giants have had most of their success.

92: Philippi Sparks- god how I loved this guy and his name. Very nice DB for us for quite a while

93- Michael Strahan- guy's having a pretty nice career, dont ya think?

94A- Thomas Randolph- ok, I'll show my youth, who?
94B- Jason Sehorn- Great talent for us, explosive DB who made plays, and unfortunately returned punts, in a preseason game, against the Jets :(

95- Scott Gragg- big nasty RT who played well for us for a while. Played for us in our last super bowl run, part of a big nasty OL.

96- Amani Toomer- One of my all time favorite Giants. A baller, leader and excellent team mate. His hands and speed are diminishing, but one of Eli's favorite targets and a HUGE steal IMO with the way his career's turned out(all time leading Giants reciever with catches and TD's)

97- Tiki Barber- a 3rd down return man who fumbled too much until Coughlin came to town. Was arguably the best back over that 3-4 year period where he held on to the ball and shredded defenses, but also opened his mouth too much. Excellent talent, a cancer in the locker room

98- Joe Jurevicius- A big possesion guy who was very good for us. We let him walk and now he's very productive in Clevelan along side Braylon.

99- Joe Montgomery- and our 1st rounder was Petigout, can we just erase this draft from memory?

2000- Cornelius Griffin- started along side a very good DL of strahan, hamilton and bratzke/holmes that no doubt helped his stats. Not a bad pick, but now starts for Washington.

01- no pick, pretty awful draft overall

02- Tim Carter- this name wants to make me hurl, but at least he did 2 things: Recover a fumble for a TD in the epic philly comeback last year and be traded to the Browns for Rueben Droughns!

03- Osi Umenyiora- my favorite in the NFL, he's my boy. I love Osi, and he's better and more productive than Peppers. top 5 DE IMO(at least top 10 for non-homers)

04- Chris Snee- a nasty mofo who plows guys over at the RG spot. an excellent guard, one of the best in the league who excells in the run game but is also a top pass blocking guard. EXCELLENT pick

05- Corey Webster- ok a month ago I'd tell you it he was a worthless piece of **** who shouldn't even make our roster. Now, he's a guy proving himself and perhaps can do good things. I'm not 100% sold on the kid, but he's bought more time with his recent play.

06- Sinorice Moss- labeled by many a bust already, but I'm giving him more time. He's got wheels, and perhaps we'll learn how to use him with shorter routes. I give him more time, time will tell.

07- Steve Smith- he's had some big drops, but also made some VERY nice catches. He'll be a stud to come, just wait for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

03- Osi Umenyiora- my favorite in the NFL, he's my boy. I love Osi, and he's better and more productive than Peppers. top 5 DE IMO(at least top 10 for non-homers)
I'm not even going to listen to that.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
You know scotty's homerism knows no bounds....

Peppers averages 9.33 sacks per year, including this year where he had a terrible year.
Umenyiora averages 8.3 sacks per year, and that number is grossly inflated by his career game against a backup RT with no previous game experience.
Peppers has 36 career passes defensed, Umenyiora has 8.
Peppers averages 40.6 tackles per year, Umeniora averages 33.4
Peppers has forced 20 fumbles, Umenyiora 14.
Peppers has 4 career INT, Umenyiora 0.
Peppers has 1 career TD, Umenyiora 0

Last edited by Sniper : 02-02-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Bills have had a couple bad 1st round picks.

2007 - Marshawn Lynch - RB
2006 - Donte Whitner - S
2006 - John McCargo - DT
2005 - Traded for JP Losman...
2004 - Lee Evans - WR
2004 - JP Losman - QB
2003 - Willis McGahee - RB
2002 - Mike Williams - OT
2001 - Nate Clements - CB
2000 - Erik Flowers - DE --Our 2000 draft has to be one of the worst in NFL History
1999 - Antoine Winfield - CB
1998 - N/A
1997 - Antwoin Smith - RB
1996 - Eric Moulds - WR
1995 - Ruben Brown - OG
1994 - Jeff Burris - DB
1993 - Thomas Smith - CB
1992 - John Fina
John Fina for Wall of Fame!

Actually quite a few good players on that list, but of course there are a couple of megabusts and some average players from the earlier years.

2000 was the first time I watched the draft/went to the draft party at the Ralph. I still have nightmares about Erik Flowers.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You know scotty's homerism knows no bounds....

Peppers averages 9.33 sacks per year, including this year where he had a terrible year.
Umenyiora averages 8.3 sacks per year, and that number is grossly inflated by his career game against a backup RT with no previous game experience.
Peppers has 36 career passes defensed, Umenyiora has 8.
Peppers averages 40.6 tackles per year, Umeniora averages 33.4
Peppers has forced 20 fumbles, Umenyiora 14.
Peppers has 4 career INT, Umenyiora 0.
Peppers has 1 career TD, Umenyiora 0
well, you have to consider Osi hasn't played as many years as Peppers and is a better run stopper. but it was part humor, part being serious.

oh, and Osi does have a TD, so I'm not sure i can trust your numbers snipe
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-02-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
well, you have to consider Osi hasn't played as many years as Peppers and is a better run stopper. but it was part humor, part being serious.

Blame espn.com
Old 02-02-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C-Rog, BMW, Joey Harrington

just those three make the lions an abysmal drafting team. Not to mention 4 wide receivers in 5 years.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Blame espn.com
don't worry i do that on a regular basis. I wonder if Mort still thinks Eli's shoulder is seperated.
Quote:
Old 02-02-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
John Fina for Wall of Fame!

Actually quite a few good players on that list, but of course there are a couple of megabusts and some average players from the earlier years.

2000 was the first time I watched the draft/went to the draft party at the Ralph. I still have nightmares about Erik Flowers.
He will haunt your dreams.........

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Osi actually 2 or 3 career TD's. I know the one against the 49'ers but I also think he has one against the Panthers in his rookie year and against the Ravens they year after that in Eli's worst game ever.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I misinterpreted the topic DOH!

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007Jamarcus Russell- Too early
2006Michael Huff- Decent so far. hopefully breaks out next season
2005Fabian Washington- I personally think he blows
2004-Robert Gallery- Someone kill me
2003Nnamdi Asomougha- LOVE IT
Tyler Brayton- Blows
2002Phillip Buchanon- Liked him at first, then traded him to texans I think
Napoleon Harris- Decent
2001Derrick Gibson- Blows
2000Sebastian Janikowski- Hits 55 yarders, then misses 35 yarders
1999Matt Stinchcomb- Yuck
1998Charles Woodson- Top 15 CB in the league
Mo Collins- Mo blows
1997Darrell Russell- Drug user
1996Rickey Dudley- I think he was decent
1995Napoleon Kaufman- WHY RETIRE!
1988Tim Brown-GREAT
1982 Marcus Allen-GREAT

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
[b]Saint Louis Rams:

#29 Ryan Pickett, DT, Ohio State (All 3 of these guys that we drafted 7 years ago are not even on the team anymore, Pickett never had the year he was projected he was a average DT just like Lewis
Fortunately for the Packers, he's fantastic now.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta go with Bengals and Jags

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007 - Tennessee Titans
1 19 Michael Griffin FS Texas - Has been a very good player for a rookie, he has a bright future

2006 - Tennessee Titans
1 3 Vince Young QB Texas - IMO jury still out

2005 - Tennessee Titans
1 6 Pacman Jones CB West Virginia - LOL

2004 - Tennessee Titans
No Pick

2003 - Tennessee Titans
1 28 Andre Woolfolk CB Oklahoma - LOL

2002 - Tennessee Titans
1 15 Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee - Best pick ever

2001 - Tennessee Titans
No Pick

2000 - Tennessee Titans
1 30 Keith Bulluck LB Syracuse - Has been a fantastic player, keystone of a fantastic defense

1999 - Tennessee Titans
1 16 Jevon Kearse DE Florida - his career has gone down due to injuries, could have been incredible
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
SunDevil450

Ahmad Carrol and Jamal Reynolds. Sigh Carrol would either get burnt our get flagged. Sherman used to make him practice with his hands tied behind his back.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
pundl71

Houston Texans

2002 1st overall: David Carr, QB Fresno State
Bust. Never developed into the franchise quarterback he was supposed to be. Took a beating early on but still struggled when talent level improved. Released for nothing after 2006 and also a bust in Carolina. Looks finished as a starter and maybe even as a reserve in the league. Has all the physical tools to succeed but lacks the mental makeup and intangibles to utilize them.

2003 3rd overall: Andre Johnson, WR Miami (FL)

Great pick. Two-time Pro Bowler who has been one of the top receivers in the league. Had injury issues this year, but has been very healthy otherwise. Will be a Texans mainstay for years to come.

2004 10th overall: Dunta Robinson, CB South Carolina

A very solid pick. Has developed into one of the league's hardest-hitting and most underrated corners. One of the lone bright spots in a shoddy Texans secondary. May or may not be affected by a knee injury that will keep him out until midseason next year. A huge loss if he can't return from it.

2004 27th overall: Jason Babin, DE/OLB Western Michigan
Bust. A developmental player who tried to make the transition from college defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker. Never delivered as the pass-rush specialist he was advertised to be and was traded to Seattle, where he is a backup. Cost Houston a 2nd, 3rd and 4th round pick in the '04 draft to move back into round one to select him, with all the picks going to Tennessee. Didn't come even close to justifying the high cost to obtain him.

2005 16th overall: Travis Johnson, DT Florida State
Marginal pick. Languished his first couple years in Houston. Has never fully developed into the dominant defensive lineman people envisioned him as coming out of Florida State. Made his name at FSU from an outstanding senior year after three sub-par years before. Has the talent and physical attributes to be an outstanding player but has not translated that to on-field performance. Known most for concussing Trent Green and taunting his limp body.

2006 1st overall: Mario Williams, DE North Carolina State
Great pick. Struggled his rookie year as he moved around the defensive line and tried to adjust to the pro game. Took a bit to learn how to put everything together, and then really blossomed in his second year. A very young, freakishly talented player who will be one of, if not the best at his position in the league for many years. Combines all of the ideal physical, mental and talent levels needed to be a franchise player.

2007 10th overall: Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville
Incomplete. Had a great first half to his rookie season, but tailed off towards the end. Led all rookie players with 5.5 sacks. Youngest player ever taken in the modern draft, who has many years to develop and grow into an outstanding player. Extremely intelligent and ideal size and talent for the position. Will team with Mario Williams to make for a dominant defensive tandem.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Steelers have had good first round picks for the most part for the past decade. And whenever they got a first round bust, they ended up doing well in later rounds.

98 - Alan Faneca
99 - Troy Edward(bust, but got Joey Porter and Aaron Smith in later rounds)
00 - Plaxico Burress
01 - Casey Hampton
02 - Kendall Simmons(not great, but still a decent player, but also got Randle El, Chris Hope, and Larry Foote in this draft, all starters)
03 - Troy Polamalu
04 - Ben Roethlisberger
05 - Heath Miller(very underrated TE)
06 - Santonio Holmes(very good #2 this past year)
07 - Lawrence Timmons(too early to tell, but Woodley, Spaeth and Sepulveda were all solid as rookies)

4/10 = Pro-Bowlers and All=Pros... While Santonio and Heath should be pro-bowlers at some point. And Plax is has been on the verge of being a pro-bowler for most of his career.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
why would u draft a FB in the first?
why would you draft a kicker in the first round?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
clearly you people were not around for that little piece of NFLDC history

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Rumph

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote