Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 02-02-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
dolfan
Rookie

dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default dolphins draft

we trade our 1st pick to Dallas for theyre 2 1st round picks, marion barber, and a 3rd.

1) Kenny Phillips S UM
1) Gosder Cherilus LT Boston college
2) Lavelle Hawkins WR California
2) Jason Jones DE Central Michigan
3) Chevis Jackson CB LSU
3) Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M
4) Paul Smith QB Toledo
6) Kevin Brown DT UCLA
7) John Greco OG Toledo
dolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan View Post
we trade our 1st pick to Dallas for theyre 2 1st round picks, marion barber, and a 3rd.

1) Kenny Phillips S UM
3) Chevis Jackson CB LSU
4) Paul Smith QB Toledo
6) Kevin Brown DT UCLA
7) John Greco OG Toledo
It's solid, I wouldn't mind that draft. But I seriously doubt there's any way on this earth that Kenny Phillips falls to the 22nd overall pick. If Micheal Griffin got taken at number 19 last year, you can pretty much lock it up that Phillips will be a top 10 pick this year as he has far more talent then any other safety in this draft. Kenny has a better shot of going in the top 10 then he does of slipping out of the top 20.

Just don't see this happening at all.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan View Post

1) Kenny Phillips S UM
3) Chevis Jackson CB LSU
4) Paul Smith QB Toledo
6) Kevin Brown DT UCLA
7) John Greco OG Toledo
I like Cherilus and Bennett in those spots, but KP won't be there, Chevis Jackson is a zone corner, and the rest of the picks just suck. You are selling us very short with those picks I feel. What's wrong with you?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Obviously, a trade down for the right price is the way to go. The value chart is not indicative of what they can truly get for the pick, but they should at least get something decent in order to trade down. I do not trade down unless they get enough picks to make a difference. Too many holes to fill here and giving up an elite pick for the sake of moving down is not the right idea. If the worst case scenario is that they do not move down and are "stuck" with the #1 overall pick and have 5 of the top 100 picks, then so be it.

All that being said, I think if the offer is both Dallas #1's, Marion Barber, and a #3, I have to strongly consider the deal. I would try to see if they could get a 3rd team involved and add some extra draft choices instead of Barber.

I think you have to go defense in round 1 and I would prefer 2 big players in the front 7 picked fairly early. The depth at CB is pretty solid and I think you can add contributors in the 3rd and 4th round.

The most important thing this offseason is to add 8 to 10 legitimate long-term starters. Hopefully 2 to 3 YOUNG free agents and 4 to 5 draft picks. This is why they have to trade Jason Taylor for a couple of draft choices. If you add choices for him, it puts less pressure on you to trade down from #1 unless it is the deal you want.

Thats it for now. Look forward to a busy 82 days til the draft.....
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in the second would you pick Adarius Bowman, Earl Bennett, or Lavelle Hawkins

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

FWIW, Chris Long seems to be the target acquisition if we stay at 1.... at least that is what they are sayin...

Jerry Jones is not giving away the ranch for DMac. So move on ....
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
FWIW, Chris Long seems to be the target acquisition if we stay at 1.... at least that is what they are sayin...

Jerry Jones is not giving away the ranch for DMac. So move on ....
No one knows anything for sure yet my friend.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote