Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Saints DE Charles Grant stabbed in the neck...

Quote:
POSTED 11:54 a.m. EST, February 3, 2008

GRANT STABBED IN ATLANTA

Eight years after an infamous Super Bowl night stabbing in Atlanta, there's been another knife incident involving an NFL player.

This time around, however, the player was on the wrong end of the blade.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Saints defensive end Charles Grant was stabbed in the neck during a Saturday night fight in an Atlanta nightclub. A woman was shot and killed during the melee.

Grant is expected to be okay, but police will want to interview Grant, if they haven't already, regarding the events that ultimately claimed a woman's life.

More details are expected to come in as the day unfolds.
Hope he's ok...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow ya i hope he is too.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man that sounds nasty! I wish him luck!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I'm sick of hearing about this stuff, I'm sure he didn't start anything but players from tough neighborhoods need to stay out of these places. Go to a club where you know you will be safe.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That sucks. Hope he gets better. Athletes are seem like they are targets a real lot now a days.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has there ever been good news revolving around a nightclub?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They probably shouldn't let NFL players go to Atlanta.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

get well man... good luck
Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Man this is a big lost for us I hope he gets better very soon......

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would want to start a fight with Grant anyway or any NFL player?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Damn thats hardcore. In the neck? I wonder how far the knife went in?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:05 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Who would want to start a fight with Grant anyway or any NFL player?
A lot of people, they probably see it as an easy way to get money. You start the fight, he ends it, you make out in court. Its a stupid idea, but there are a lot of stupid people out there.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope he's okay.
Athletes have been targeted a lot recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodar21 View Post
They probably shouldn't let NFL players go to Atlanta.

Brett Favre owes us so much...
Old 02-03-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well since no one else cares, RIP to that woman and i hope her family can over come this. Its like the news, you never hear about black people unless its gangs n murders. it sickens me the fact that just cause she wasnt famous her life has no meaning, show some respect, even if they cant hear it
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Ya Boy View Post
well since no one else cares, RIP to that woman and i hope her family can over come this. Its like the news, you never hear about black people unless its gangs n murders. it sickens me the fact that just cause she wasnt famous her life has no meaning, show some respect, even if they cant hear it
Way to politicize something and sneak in a little jab at us. 5 people were killed yesterday in a mall yesterday in suburban chicago, you going to cry for them too...
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Who said that????
Old 02-03-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

This may push DE up the list of needs.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He must be a tough player if he can take a knife to the neck and be alright. J/K...I hope he's alright, he's a good player.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I dont like to take preaching from someone who takes himself seriously as "The Bay Area Bully" or does that stupid "AKA" crap.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Way to politicize something and sneak in a little jab at us. 5 people were killed yesterday in a mall yesterday in suburban chicago, you going to cry for them too...
well i hope their familys can recover if thats what you mean, bad **** happens all the time, it just kinda pisses me off the fact that unless ur famous ur life has no meaning. i dont know its just kinda the fact of the area, and how I was raised, so sorry if its annoying but its just my opinion
Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
Who said that????
no one, its the fact it says a woman was shot and killed but no respect was show but when Sean Taylor gets shot in killed its a lot of love. Im just sayin its still a life, but its just me, i shouldve thought better before i posted
Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
well i hope their familys can recover if thats what you mean, bad **** happens all the time, it just kinda pisses me off the fact that unless ur famous ur life has no meaning. i dont know its just kinda the fact of the area, and how I was raised, so sorry if its annoying but its just my opinion
You made it a point to mention that because she was black thats the reason nobody noticed...nobody would notice if i died either, get over it, I'm sure it was news inside of Atlanta but I'm sorry if not everyone from all over the country doesn't feel the need to get a news update about every death in every corner of the country...AKA NOBODY CARES.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:(... this... sucks.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
You made it a point to mention that because she was black thats the reason nobody noticed...nobody would notice if i died either, get over it, I'm sure it was news inside of Atlanta but I'm sorry if not everyone from all over the country doesn't feel the need to get a news update about every death in every corner of the country...AKA NOBODY CARES.
i aint gonna lie, she was black? i was just statin the fact that you dont hear much about black people in the news unless its bad as a COMPLETELY different thing, i didnt even know she was black. Im not askin for everyone to go cry in a corner when someone dies cause no one would leave it, im just sayin its always sad when someone dies cause it effects so many people. Its just my opinion so im sorry i ever voiced it.