Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What happens to that New England book?

Sounds dumb now.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Dewey?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep it as it is, add the stuff about the defeat, and make it sound very sarcastic.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

make it a book about how they are the best team in NFL regular season history?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
make it a book about how they are the best team in NFL regular season history?
I agree, let's not let this superbowl defeat make us forget what they did in the regular season. It was amazing, even though the New York Giants defeated them (and deserved to, tonight).

they were nothing short of amazing in the regular season.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

burn it, the dream is over
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahahahaha, completely forgot about it, I would love to have a copy now.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I agree, let's not let this superbowl defeat make us forget what they did in the regular season. It was amazing, even though the New York Giants defeated them (and deserved to, tonight).

Regular season means nothing. As long as you make the playoffs, your fortunates can change. This game reflects that in spades.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Keep it as it is, add the stuff about the defeat, and make it sound very sarcastic.
hahaha that be sweet.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Regular season means nothing. As long as you make the playoffs, your fortunates can change. This game reflects that in spades.
you're right, we should just forget every record set by the Patriots this season because they didn't win the Super Bowl...I guess Peyton Manning was a horrible QB up until last season, and Dan Marino shouldn't be considered one of the best QB's of all time...it all means nothing without a ring
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*points to sig*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
you're right, we should just forget every record set by the Patriots this season because they didn't win the Super Bowl...I guess Peyton Manning was a horrible QB up until last season, and Dan Marino shouldn't be considered one of the best QB's of all time...it all means nothing without a ring
You're talking about individual players. I'm talking about the team aspect. Why do you think players always say "It doesn't matter unless we finish the season with a Super Bowl, and everything we did the previous season means nothing"?

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
You're talking about individual players. I'm talking about the team aspect. Why do you think players always say "It doesn't matter unless we finish the season with a Super Bowl, and everything we did the previous season means nothing"?
ok my bad I took it out of context, but do think we shouldn't recognize/remember this Patriots team as one of the best ever, and IMO the best regular season ever? I mean, as a team, they set records, and while the game has changed (new rules, longer seasons) I don't think anyone can deny their dominance and accomplishments this seasons, even though they blew the big one
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
ok my bad I took it out of context, but do think we shouldn't recognize/remember this Patriots team as one of the best ever, and IMO the best regular season ever? I mean, as a team, they set records, and while the game has changed (new rules, longer seasons) I don't think anyone can deny their dominance and accomplishments this seasons, even though they blew the big one
They had a good season, but still they didn't win the championship. I'd rather be on a team that wins the whole thing. Even if they go 10-6. People are going to remember this, but we all know when they remember this team and everything they accomplished, the main thing they're going to remember is losing Super Bowl XLII.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
They had a good season, but still they didn't win the championship. I'd rather be on a team that wins the whole thing. Even if they go 10-6. People are going to remember this, but we all know when they remember this team and everything they accomplished, the main thing they're going to remember is losing Super Bowl XLII.
I agree, I would rather be the very last seed in the playoffs and win a championship than the 1st seed and not win...but you commented on the fact that we should remember what this team has achieved regardless, and you saying that it doesn't matter because they didn't win the Super Bowl is ridiculous IMO...there's a difference between how a player of the team will feel about it and whether or not football fans should remember this team, you are making a completely different argument than the one you originally started
Old 02-03-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
I agree, I would rather be the very last seed in the playoffs and win a championship than the 1st seed and not win...but you commented on the fact that we should remember what this team has achieved regardless, and you saying that it doesn't matter because they didn't win the Super Bowl is ridiculous IMO...there's a difference between how a player of the team will feel about it and whether or not football fans should remember this team, you are making a completely different argument than the one you originally started
You're confused. I told you that we're going to remember this team for having a great season and not achieving the goal. And before that I told you that players always advocate that having a great season is nice and all, but not winning the Super Bowl means failure. You can spin it any way you want to, but the bottom line is: this team lost the Super Bowl and didn't accomplish the mission they set out to do. Doesn't matter what we think year from now or what the players think. Bottom line is that they didn't win, and they're losers. The end. I don't know what point you're trying to make. It sounds like you're saying we should remember a team for having a great season even though they didn't win the Super Bowl. Which I personally find dumb. My franchise had a lot of good teams winning throughout the eighties and nineties, but when they didn't win the Super Bowl, well I certainly wasn't happy for the times I got to witness failure. And I really don't care that much about the teams that did this and that during the regular and post season, but didn't win the Super Bowl. 49ers fans don't talk as much about those seasons as they do the championship ones. Why? Because they're not very important since they didn't win the Super Bowl that year.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will sell like hotcakes in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Make the title "When Karma Bites You In The Ass, The Bill Belicheck Story"
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

keep hating. you all just love to hate the Patriots. Ness, you are from California. So either the Patriots won more games in the month of Spetember than both the Riaders and 49ers combined, or we beat your beloved SD Chargers 3 weeks ago.

Please, this is a classless thread. Y'all know you would jump on us PAts fans if we did this. SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE WAS A BOOK ON THE MARKET THAT WAS POSTED IN THE EXACT SAME THREAD SHOWING THE SAME BOOK JUST OTHER WAY AROUND. Yeah thats right, the Giants had a book out the same way.

I dont know why you guys cant take it for what it was. The best SuperBowl I have ever seen. Im sure many of you will agree. This is nonsense. Im not going to label Giants fans as classless, because Im not sure this is a Giants fan who did this.

I have congratulated the Giants before, and I will continue to do so again. Please dont taint this for Pats fans on this board. Everyone thought we were classless for our posting, and know the people in this thread all hypocrites.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

Quote:
right there is when he said we, as fans, should remember the records that this Patriots team set this season, and that they, as a team, were amazing...you then said, in replying to fans should remember what this team accomplished in the regular season, said that the regular season means nothing...so, as you can see, you made the argument that the accomplishments of this team should not be remembered, and whether you meant by the actual players (which is bringing in a completely different view) or as fans (which obviously a football fan would want to remember the greatest regular season in history/great records being broken) is up to you...and I'm pretty sure none of the "great teams" you were fans of ever went 16-0 in a regular season, including the longest winning streak for a season subsequently, or 18-1, while setting numerous offensive team and individual records set by great players (Peyton Manning and Jerry Rice, for example), and I'm that not every single record holder won a championship in the same year, yet we still remember them ...so, I'm not endorsing losing the Super Bowl or saying that Pats fans should be happy right now, I am simply saying that what this Patriots team accomplished should be remembered by football fans
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

182 Pages of toilet paper 4 me! ADMIN YODACHU!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
keep hating. you all just love to hate the Patriots. Ness, you are from California. So either the Patriots won more games in the month of Spetember than both the Riaders and 49ers combined, or we beat your beloved SD Chargers 3 weeks ago.

Please, this is a classless thread. Y'all know you would jump on us PAts fans if we did this. SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE WAS A BOOK ON THE MARKET THAT WAS POSTED IN THE EXACT SAME THREAD SHOWING THE SAME BOOK JUST OTHER WAY AROUND. Yeah thats right, the Giants had a book out the same way.

I dont know why you guys cant take it for what it was. The best SuperBowl I have ever seen. Im sure many of you will agree. This is nonsense. Im not going to label Giants fans as classless, because Im not sure this is a Giants fan who did this.

I have congratulated the Giants before, and I will continue to do so again. Please dont taint this for Pats fans on this board. Everyone thought we were classless for our posting, and know the people in this thread all hypocrites.
I don't hate New England. Where did I say that? I was questioning the fate of the book. I thought it was dumb that such a book was released. And no it's not that team's fault. If anything, I'd say it's the publishers that deserve the ridicule.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't hate New England. Where did I say that? I was questioning the fate of the book. I thought it was dumb that such a book was released. And no it's not that team's fault. If anything, I'd say it's the publishers that deserve the ridicule.
I was only really referring to you when I said this was a dumb thread seeing as there was the exact same thing made for Giants.

I was speaking in general to everyone who was hating on the Pats.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
right there is when he said we, as fans, should remember the records that this Patriots team set this season, and that they, as a team, were amazing...you then said, in replying to fans should remember what this team accomplished in the regular season, said that the regular season means nothing...so, as you can see, you made the argument that the accomplishments of this team should not be remembered, and whether you meant by the actual players (which is bringing in a completely different view) or as fans (which obviously a football fan would want to remember the greatest regular season in history/great records being broken) is up to you...and I'm pretty sure none of the "great teams" you were fans of ever went 16-0 in a regular season, including the longest winning streak for a season subsequently, or 18-1, while setting numerous offensive team and individual records set by great players (Peyton Manning and Jerry Rice, for example), and I'm that not every single record holder won a championship in the same year, yet we still remember them ...so, I'm not endorsing losing the Super Bowl or saying that Pats fans should be happy right now, I am simply saying that what this Patriots team accomplished should be remembered by football fans
You're again confused. I stick by what I said. The regular season doesn't mean anything WHEN COMPARED TO WINNING THE SUPERBOWL. You're dancing around what I'm trying to point out and mincing words.. I'll explain it to you clearly, yet again. All of those accomplishments that the Patriots set in 2007 were nice, but they are insignificant to winning the Super Bowl. Bottom line. When people remember this, the thing that's going to stick out in their mind is losing the Super Bowl. That's what I'm trying to tell you. They can be remembered, that's fine, but it's not that big of a deal because they didn't win the big prize. Seriously, who cares about how many records a team breaks in a season if they can't win the Super Bowl?

Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I was only really referring to you when I said this was a dumb thread seeing as there was the exact same thing made for Giants.

I was speaking in general to everyone who was hating on the Pats.
You still made a wild assumption on my character. Believing I was mad because the Patriots were better than my team this year.

Quote: