Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You're again confused. I stick by what I said. The regular season doesn't mean anything WHEN COMPARED TO WINNING THE SUPERBOWL. You're dancing around what I'm trying to point out and mincing words.. I'll explain it to you clearly, yet again. All of those accomplishments that the Patriots set in 2007 were nice, but they are insignificant to winning the Super Bowl. Bottom line. When people remember this, the thing that's going to stick out in their mind is losing the Super Bowl. That's what I'm trying to tell you. They can be remembered, that's fine, but it's not that big of a deal because they didn't win the big prize. Seriously, who cares about how many records a team breaks in a season if they can't win the Super Bowl?
then I apologize because you made it seem like those records should not be remembered, as opposed to are belittled by blowing the Super Bowl...regardless, people still remembered Peyton Manning's 48 TDs or Marino's 47 before that, more than the fact that they didn't win the Super Bowl that year, but then again they didn't lose it the same way as the Pats...my point is merely that even though losing the Super Bowl will in fact be a blemish forever on this team, fans will still recognize them as the greatest team ever in a season, and prolly the greatest team ever to not win a Super Bowl, like you mentioned

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
You still made a wild assumption on my character. Believing I was mad because the Patriots were better than my team this year.
my apologies for that.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

I want to buy one of those books.

I can frame it as a monument to arrogance.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I agree, let's not let this superbowl defeat make us forget what they did in the regular season. It was amazing, even though the New York Giants defeated them (and deserved to, tonight).

they were nothing short of amazing in the regular season.
1) They peaked in October.
2) They lost to Baltimore.
3) They scrapped through the playoffs.
4) They lost the only game that matters.

I remember the Seattle Mariners winning like 117 games in 2000..... but the Yankees took the big dance. Anyone forget the Dallas Mavericks?

Regular season in nice but SB is all that matters.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
1) They peaked in October.
2) They lost to Baltimore.
3) They scrapped through the playoffs.
4) They lost the only game that matters.

I remember the Seattle Mariners winning like 117 games in 2000..... but the Yankees took the big dance. Anyone forget the Dallas Mavericks?

Regular season in nice but SB is all that matters.
They lost to Baltimore? News to me.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
They lost to Baltimore? News to me.
Um, yes, they did. Most teams don't get three (3) 5th Downs. Can't credit the Zebras with the win so had to go to the Pats.

Either way, this tastes so much better. 18-1*.

Again, congrats to the GMen and its fans. I would care to say 30 teams where GMen fans if for just today.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Um, yes, they did. Most teams don't get three (3) 5th Downs. Can't credit the Zebras with the win so had to go to the Pats.

Again, congrats to the GMen and its fans. I would care to say 30 teams where GMen fans if for just today.
WOW! Please stop living in the past. Ill tell you this. The Ravens lost that game. The Pats may not have 'won' it, but the Ravens definately lost it. Is it Brady's fault that Billick called the TO? HAHA, you make laugh. Was it NE's fault that a ref throws a flag on a flase start? HAHA you make laugh even more. Was it Brady's fault that 12 yards was wide open in the middle of the field to run? HAHA you still make me laugh.

Please see things for what they really are. Your just hating on everthing you can when there is nothing to hate on in this respect.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Calls are a part of the game. You get some and you lose some. Baltimore beat themselves with all of those penalties they committed. There were a few that were questionable, but for the majority Baltimore kept stabbing themselves in the foot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

Well, this tastes better anyway. 18-1*
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Handel
Veteran

Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.Handel is a cocksman.

Let's be 13-3 next year and win it all....

Thanks to BoneKrusher
Handel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:40 AM    (permalink
SunDevil450

I tried ordering a book on amazon but i dont think it will work. If anyone actually has any other ways to get the book i would be interested.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
I dont know why you guys cant take it for what it was. The best SuperBowl I have ever seen. Im sure many of you will agree. This is nonsense. Im not going to label Giants fans as classless, because Im not sure this is a Giants fan who did this.
Titans/Rams and Giants/Bills
Old 02-04-2008, 06:09 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will be burned and Mercury Morris will snort the ashes

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote