Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Post Superbowl Side-Thoughts

The difference in class was obvious today, and the team with more class earned the win.

-The biggest example was the Randy Moss TD and the Plaxico Burress TD. Randy Moss does his swim move taunt/celebration while Plaxico does a prayer and goes celebrates with his team

-Belechik has no problem running up the score, but when his team is losing, he cannot stay on the field for the last second of the game. Real classy..

-Biggest case of Karma - Rodney Harrison getting beat on two key plays in the game. The first the huge gain by Kevin Boss, and the second on the jump ball by David Tyree. I'm sorry Rodney, but didn't you say that the difference between younger players and older players is that older players know where they're going? We'll you did know where you were going, but not even a month's worth of HGH would have helped you on those two plays. It may be time for you to retire and allow someone else to become the player-vote Dirtiest player in the NFL.

-One thing that can't be taken away from the Giants was the fact that they earned this victory. They outplayed the best team in the league. Even though the Pats almost squeezed out a victory in typical Pats fashion, the Giants were able to rise above and earn themselves a Superbowl.

-After a season of consistent disappointment, watching the Pats beat team after team, I was relieved to see the Pats finally lose, on the biggest stage and when it mattered the most.

-The MVP of the Superbowl should not be Eli, although he played great. Rather it should be split between Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, and Jay Alford.

-As a sidenote, Brady is not as good as his stats indicate. When given time, as he has been in 18 games this season, he can be elite - but so can many other quarterbacks. He proved he's only an above average QB who DOES get rattled under pressure.

-Overall, the law of Football reigns truer every year - 'The game is won in the trenches'. The Giants D-line destroyed the Pats O-line, and how bout some credit to the Giants O-line who managed to pick up almost all of those exotic blitzes.

Congratulations to the 2007-2008 Superbowl champion New York Giants!
McGahee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does everyone just vote for the winning QB to be the MVP without even looking at the stats?

If I had to give it to ONE guy it would be Justin Tuck.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted it to be David Tyree. Overall good game and Eli proved he CAN be the real deal.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Does everyone just vote for the winning QB to be the MVP without even looking at the stats?

Yeah, I agree, I think Tuck deserved it.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Yeah, I agree, I think Tuck deserved it.
i thought he did too, until eli had that final drive. after that i thought he deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eli manning deserved it just because of that last drive. i wouldnt just give it to justin tuck, but the whole d-line, but you cant so eli gets it
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
i thought he did too, until eli had that final drive. after that i thought he deserved it.
Good point, considering the final drive it makes a much stronger arguement for him. Hell, the deep bomb/escape can make a case itself.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

McGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairMcGahee is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Me and my friends were joking about it that what it Belichik legally had to be on the field for the last play. Would they have to tie him up and drag him out onto the field and hold him down for that last play if he was throwing a trantrum
Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really would have to give it to either the whole Defensive line, or Manning. Big plays came from both, Manning to Boss, Manning to Tyree. Eli more than managed the game, he made plays with his feet and his arm, he deserves it.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post

yes they do and it makes me sick...Peyton didnt deserve it last year someone on the defense did...they always go for the qb, and dont take everything into considerations...I cant remember the last defensive player that won

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there was a real clear cut MVP for the Giants. Eli was damn good on the 2 TD drives but there was also a little luck involved. That pass that Tyree caught (the one where he trapped it against his helmet) really should have never been thrown. That was sooooo dangerous. I remember a couple more ill advised passes that could have ended badly for Eli but I don't care, I'm just glad the luck was going against the Pats for once.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Up until the final drive, Justin Tuck was probably the MVP for the Giants. However, in crunch time, Eli made in happen. Period. He kept the team in the game for the first 57 minutes, then he executed in the final ones with huge plays and throws.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha.....Emmit Smith just said the Patriots "got debacled".

Ok a few things you disgrace to the english language.

1) Debacled is not a word. Ever.

2) If it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be a verb. Debacled is the equivalent of failured.

3) As you can probably surmise from my above point (just kidding, you're a ******), you don't even know what debacle means either.

Please stop talking. You're an embarrassment to so many demographics that you represent, and the human population at large.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
McGahee
Rookie

Umm are you in the right thread?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
yes they do and it makes me sick...Peyton didnt deserve it last year someone on the defense did...they always go for the qb, and dont take everything into considerations...I cant remember the last defensive player that won
dexter jackson ,ftw

btw, where is he?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Haha.....Emmit Smith just said the Patriots "got debacled".

Ok a few things you disgrace to the english language.

1) Debacled is not a word. Ever.

2) If it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be a verb. Debacled is the equivalent of failured.

3) As you can probably surmise from my above point (just kidding, you're a ******), you don't even know what debacle means either.

Please stop talking. You're an embarrassment to so many demographics that you represent, and the human population at large.
have you ever heard anyone stutter more than him
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the pats totally got debacled

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Co-MVP would be nice, Manning & Tuck
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did anyone see the MW on the football?
i didn't realize that until i saw the ball underneath shaun o'hara that near the tip it has an MW for the duke.

that's my post SB thought.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My thought is the one that has bothered me all year about the Pats, how do you expect to win when you blatantly ignore running the ball? Aside from that, how do you not kick a 49 yard FG on 4th and 13?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"-As a sidenote, Brady is not as good as his stats indicate. When given time, as he has been in 18 games this season, he can be elite - but so can many other quarterbacks. He proved he's only an above average QB who DOES get rattled under pressure."

Disagree here. I thought Brady played tremendously given the circumstances. He didn't make the key mistake, and that's what's important. Besides, there's not one QB in the league who looks good under that kind of pressure.

I also think though, that the MVP should go to the entire Giants DL. It wasn't just Tuck, it was Strahan, Alford, even Osi. But they can't give it to everyone, and Eli played amazingly well. That dodge play was one of the best I've ever seen.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Disagree here. I thought Brady played tremendously given the circumstances. He didn't make the key mistake, and that's what's important.
I saw Brady miss a lot a throws.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

Patriots and Belichick got what they deserved. Like Narcissus ......

Congrats G-Men.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
That's going to happen to anyone under that much pressure. The important thing is he didn't make a big mistake.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
Agreed, Tom underthrew several balls and his placement was off. Tom is good but overrated because his offensive line is awesome. He had time for a lot of his passes but not the 4 seconds in the pocket he was used to. Here's a quick stat. Among qb's who started the whole season, Tom threw the fewest passes outside the pocket with just 26. That's pretty amazing and indicates how much time he had.