Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll always consider Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding better than just Eli, but how can you not give the guy props.

I'll bury the hatchet because he shattered the Cheaters' perfect season, and for that I will always be grateful. good job Eli. I was rooting for you.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
kingjames
Rookie

kingjames needs more cowbell.

I think LT was doing the Lights Out Dance in front of his Vizio tonite.
kingjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did you guys doubt the guy? Unstoppable. Durr.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, me and Forenci pretty much dubbed it as The Great Escape. If it sticks, we will be legends.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks he had to be the Pats but I like seeing him do well deeing as he went to Ole Miss. Too bad it was against the Pats.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
Well yeah....I'd rather have the Super Bowl win too, then win a trade. But, It's bad enough seeing Eli win the Super Bowl, but now I'll get all offseason to hear how we lost the trade as well, when really thats not true..

Oh well. At least I got to see the Pats lose.
I don't even know how anyone can say we lost the trade.. EA, our GM who retired, who I hated, made that trade, because he thought Manning was that franchise qb you can't miss if he is there. I wanted Taylor mind you, but he traded for ELi, kept Osi, and let's not forget in the next year's draft we got Webster, Jacobs and Tuck, all guys who helped big time. I am not saying we won, but damn, hard to say we lost. EA drafted him because he saw something alot of people didn't and we won with Eli.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to give him props. He had a few bad passes which probably should have been picked(Especially Samuel on that last drive), the one pick he threw was only about 60% his fault, it was a bad ball, but Smith stuffed it also.

But he really stood up when it mattered, most of his passes were on the money, I haven't see him that much but is he always that hit or miss? I mean his throws were either perfect or should be picked basically. He played a good one, with what is basically a gimpy receiver and some no names, though I still think Steve Smith can be a good one and he really stood out.

I'm not sure he deserved MVP, I thought both Tuck and Strahan played better, but he is a QB, if in doubt, he will always win.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
I don't even know how anyone can say we lost the trade.. EA, our GM who retired, who I hated, made that trade, because he thought Manning was that franchise qb you can't miss if he is there. I wanted Taylor mind you, but he traded for ELi, kept Osi, and let's not forget in the next year's draft we got Webster, Jacobs and Tuck, all guys who helped big time. I am not saying we won, but damn, hard to say we lost. EA drafted him because he saw something alot of people didn't and we won with Eli.
Because none of those other guys you mentioned like Osi, or Tuck, Webster, Jacobs are actually a part of the trade, yet people still act like they are....

But oh well, none of it really matters when you won the Super Bowl. At best I'd agree wtih CC its like a Portis/Bailey trade, but what does it matter. I wouldn't necesarily say you lost either (I mean you did win a SB after all...). I should've phrased it more that way. I'm starting to get over the whole not wanting to play in SD thing anyway, especially since he beat the Pats.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:22 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take back every bad thing I thought or said about you Eli.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because none of those other guys you mentioned like Osi, or Tuck, Webster, Jacobs are actually a part of the trade, yet people still act like they are....

But oh well, none of it really matters when you won the Super Bowl. At best I'd agree wtih CC its like a Portis/Bailey trade, but what does it matter. I wouldn't necesarily say you lost either (I mean you did win a SB after all...). I should've phrased it more that way. I'm starting to get over the whole not wanting to play in SD thing anyway, especially since he beat the Pats.
Osi could have been part of the trade though. I'd rather have Eli than Rivers and I'd rather have Osi than Merriman so in my eyes, and the eyes of a lot of Giants fans, we certainly didn't lose on the trade.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Eli...but, I honestly still like Rivers more. (not taking away from what Eli did) Phil had one hell of a playoff as well. It's gonna be interesting to see how these guys play next season...both did have shaky seasons...that cannot be completely forgotten. It's gonna be fun to watch. The switches seem to be turned on right now but, the question is...will they stay on? I've been harsh on Eli in the past but, i've always said, he would be great...one day. Maybe he has finally reached that point...I'm def. looking forward to next season to find out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Osi could have been part of the trade though. I'd rather have Eli than Rivers and I'd rather have Osi than Merriman so in my eyes, and the eyes of a lot of Giants fans, we certainly didn't lose on the trade.
Eh. I'd rather have my two guys out of the other end of it but oh well. Osi was supposed to be part of it, but then we would'nt have had the first rounder anyway, plus he was already on your roster, so its not like we gave him up. But thats just technical stuff anyway. Long story short you won a Super Bowl so I don't think any Giants fans are upset either way.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Eli was a different person in the playoffs..I jave to give him and that D props

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh. I'd rather have my two guys out of the other end of it but oh well. Osi was supposed to be part of it, but then we would'nt have had the first rounder anyway, plus he was already on your roster, so its not like we gave him up. But thats just technical stuff anyway. Long story short you won a Super Bowl so I don't think any Giants fans are upset either way.
I also don't think the Chargers are upset with the Rivers/Merriman/Kaeding package. In the end, I think the trade will work out for both teams.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote