Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Before the hype starts...

Congratulations to the Giants. I wasnt rooting for you guys but halfway through i said screw it, they are a rival team but if they win props to them. Part of it was because they still were rocking 21 and the pats took it off after the first week which offended me. But I give the Giants whole team credit they made it a great game and pulled off the upset. The eli escape play was epic and i will always rememeber that. That being said lets get some things straight.

- Tom Brady is still better than your teams qb. The dude had a bad game finally, lets stop with the bs that hes overhyped.
- Eli Manning is not a top Qb yet. Sure he proved himself in the playoffs but these things happen sometimes. Not sayin he wont get better, but he is not in the top 5 yet at all.
- Giants fans revel in it but please stop acting like u wanted Cofflin to stay and please stop acting like u had Eli's back since day 1. Ur a liar if u say otherwise. Most of u woulda said shockey was the problem but if u lost he woulda been a reason u didnt win.

other than that, good job and well deserved

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Last edited by 703SKINS202 : 02-03-2008 at 11:45 PM.
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the first point, not if you're a Colts fan. It's not just a bad game, he didn't deliver in the Superbowl, which is what built his reputation in the first place.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
For the first point, not if you're a Colts fan. It's not just a bad game, he didn't deliver in the Superbowl, which is what built his reputation in the first place.
true, but he got them to 4 in 7 years and delivered in 3 > other qb's

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As if Peyton Manning has been anywhere close to Tom Brady when it comes to post-season performance...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
true, but he got them to 4 in 7 years and delivered in 3 > other qb's
Tom Brady had a fantastic situation fall in his lap. He inherited a great team. Peyton took a bad team in the Colts and brought them to the level of perennial powerhouse. Brady did a good job in the other three but gets too much credit for the first two. Don't forget it was Vinatieri who closed those out.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Congratulations to the Giants. I wasnt rooting for you guys but halfway through i said screw it, they are a rival team but if they win props to them. Part of it was because they still were rocking 21 and the pats took it off after the first week which offended me. But I give the Giants whole team credit they made it a great game and pulled off the upset. The eli escape play was epic and i will always rememeber that. That being said lets get some things straight.

- Tom Brady is still better than your teams qb. The dude had a bad game finally, lets stop with the bs that hes overhyped.
- Eli Manning is not a top Qb yet. Sure he proved himself in the playoffs but these things happen sometimes. Not sayin he wont get better, but he is not in the top 5 yet at all.
- Giants fans revel in it but please stop acting like u wanted Cofflin to stay and please stop acting like u had Eli's back since day 1. Ur a liar if u say otherwise. Most of u woulda said shockey was the problem but if u lost he woulda been a reason u didnt win.

other than that, good job and well deserved
You are coming across as bitter. Can you please just save it for a week please? I mean, come on. We just got to watch arguably the best Super Bowl of all time and you are trying to pick out the negatives?

Not once have I ever wanted Coughlin fired and not once have I ever gotten off Eli's bandwagon. Ironically, I said I was going to wait until AFTER THE 2007 SEASON to rank the 2004 QB class. Ironic, huh?

Never have and never will say Shockey is a problem, he will be back next year and I want it that way, no question about it. But for real dude, keep this crap away and let the Giants fans bask in the glory because we took more crap from this board than deserved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree with you with a couple of things. Keep in mind this is merely my opinion.

First off, Tom Brady I thought made some pretty good decisions. Now whether his injury was effecting his play, I don't know. However, I do believe that he stood his ground firm and did his job quite well considering that the Giants were able to dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball and get pressure. When a team gets pressure on you it doesn't matter who you are. Doesn't matter if you're Montana, Brady, Bradshaw, P. Manning, Marino, etc. You're going to look very ordinary. But then again, you could have been advocating that he had a bad game in the "team" aspect. As in he didn't play well because his team didn't. So I could be misunderstanding where you're coming from.

On another note, Eli Manning may not be a top quarterback in the opinionated "top five" category, but you don't need a top five quarterback to win the Super Bowl. It's a team sport, and it takes a team to win it all. So him not being with the likes of Brees, McNabb, Palmer, Brady, P. Manning, Romo, Favre, etc. is really insignificant in my mind. He's played lights out in the postseason and he's a world champion. A feat that more than half those guys I just listed haven't even accomplished yet. Just don't think it's that big of a deal. He plays well for the most part.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
You are coming across as bitter. Can you please just save it for a week please? I mean, come on. We just got to watch arguably the best Super Bowl of all time and you are trying to pick out the negatives?

Not once have I ever wanted Coughlin fired and not once have I ever gotten off Eli's bandwagon. Ironically, I said I was going to wait until AFTER THE 2007 SEASON to rank the 2004 QB class. Ironic, huh?

Never have and never will say Shockey is a problem, he will be back next year and I want it that way, no question about it. But for real dude, keep this crap away and let the Giants fans bask in the glory because we took more crap from this board than deserved.
it might come across as bitter but the truth is i just hate people who are hypocratic when it comes to their teams, im not attackin the giants just the idiots on here who are defining this game as the past 5 and next 5 years of the nfl its idiotic, brady is great, eli isnt yet and of course everyone now loves eli and cofflin, read the damn thing

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Brady had a fantastic situation fall in his lap. He inherited a great team. Peyton took a bad team in the Colts and brought them to the level of perennial powerhouse. Brady did a good job in the other three but gets too much credit for the first two. Don't forget it was Vinatieri who closed those out.
I disagree to an extent. The 2001 Patriots weren't full of superstars by any stretch of the imagination. They just worked really well together. If you're advocating what I just said, that they worked well together, then I understand what you're saying. But a lot of the guys they had on their roster weren't household names.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning had a heroic performance and lifted due to the game's enormity.

I've been one of his biggest defenders and I hope to see him continue his great play into the next season.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I disagree with you with a couple of things. Keep in mind this is merely my opinion.

First off, Tom Brady I thought made some pretty good decisions. Now whether his injury was effecting his play, I don't know. However, I do believe that he stood his ground firm and did his job quite well considering that the Giants were able to dominate the line of scrimmage on the defensive side of the ball and get pressure. When a team gets pressure on you it doesn't matter who you are. Doesn't matter if you're Montana, Brady, Bradshaw, P. Manning, Marino, etc. You're going to look very ordinary. But then again, you could have been advocating that he had a bad game in the "team" aspect. As in he didn't play well because his team didn't. So I could be misunderstanding where you're coming from.

On another note, Eli Manning may not be a top quarterback in the opinionated "top five" category, but you don't need a top five quarterback to win the Super Bowl. It's a team sport, and it takes a team to win it all. So him not being with the likes of Brees, McNabb, Palmer, Brady, P. Manning, Romo, Favre, etc. is really insignificant in my mind. He's played lights out in the postseason and he's a world champion. A feat that more than half those guys I just listed haven't even accomplished yet. Just don't think it's that big of a deal. He plays well for the most part.

im defending brady, it wasnt his fault but he also didnt have his best game... u r misunderstanding a little and yes eli of course had to be good to win and he has the ring now but some people now put him in the top 3 on these boards and im sorry but im not having that yet

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well yo gotta give Eli props, yea he had an up and down regular season and all that, but when it counted he came through, and this whole post season he played on the road and played well...mistake free football for the most part, came up with huge plays in general...

But this is the classic example of why you dont jump to conclusions on a guy so soon, most guys have to fail before they have this type of post season, happened with both mannings...

And im not sure what "crap" Giants fans took on this board, thats going a little overboard, no one was given a chance to beat the pats this year, this isnt the first game, after the first month the pats were expected to run through everyone...winnng the superbowl is justification and glory enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I disagree to an extent. The 2001 Patriots weren't full of superstars by any stretch of the imagination. They just worked really well together. If you're advocating what I just said, that they worked well together, then I understand what you're saying. But a lot of the guys they had on their roster weren't household names.
However a team wins games doesn't matter as long as they do, and in that sense they were a very good team. Peyton turned a bad team into a good one, so its no surprise they haven't been to as many Superbowls is it? Although they weren't considered it at the time there were quite a few later to be recognized stars. Bruschi for example. Ty Law in his prime was no slouch either.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
im defending brady, it wasnt his fault but he also didnt have his best game... u r misunderstanding a little and yes eli of course had to be good to win and he has the ring now but some people now put him in the top 3 on these boards and im sorry but im not having that yet
Well your opinion on Eli is completely subjective. As is everyone's. As for Brady, I think I understood what you said, because at the end of one of my paragraphs I told you "But then again, you could have been advocating that he had a bad game in the "team" aspect." You did say he had a bad game correct? I'm not knocking on Brady either. He's a very good player. Nor am I advocating that you're saying it's his fault totally. Which is why I stated the quote of my previous post I just gave you. ^.^

Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Wait who is actually putting Eli in the top 3? I wonder if Jason Campbell did what Eli just did these past 4 games...what your view would be. Would you create a thread like this?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-04-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
However a team wins games doesn't matter as long as they do, and in that sense they were a very good team. Peyton turned a bad team into a good one, so its no surprise they haven't been to as many Superbowls is it? Although they weren't considered it at the time there were quite a few later to be recognized stars. Bruschi for example. Ty Law in his prime was no slouch either.
Yeah I know. Which is why I stated the other option of what you possibly meant. You're right, it doesn't matter as long as the team wins games. However, I don't believe that if Drew Bledsoe had stayed the starting quarterback for that franchise they would have reached the Super Bowl. Might not have even made the playoffs. Which is why although football is a team sport, I'd have to give Tom Brady a huge amount of credit for making that team achieve it's goal. I think Tom Brady was their best player on offense that season.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

And it's Coughlin....not Cofflin....

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are opinions allowed to change? Coughlin has changed as a person and as a coach this year in many ways, does that now allow one to alter their view of him?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if he is going to leave his legacy like this. He has always come up in crunch time, but has always been okay otherwise. Will he be good always, or will he be remembered as a guy who will always come up clutch, but not so much otherwise...

I cant wait to see his first couple regular season games next season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I wonder if he is going to leave his legacy like this. He has always come up in crunch time, but has always been okay otherwise. Will he be good always, or will he be remembered as a guy who will always come up clutch, but not so much otherwise...

I cant wait to see his first couple regular season games next season.
He's still come through in crunch time on numerous occasions. Including twice in the Super Bowl. I think his legacy will be fine.

Quote:
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I know. Which is why I stated the other option of what you possibly meant. You're right, it doesn't matter as long as the team wins games. However, I don't believe that if Drew Bledsoe had stayed the starting quarterback for that franchise they would have reached the Super Bowl. Might not have even made the playoffs. Which is why although football is a team sport, I'd have to give Tom Brady a huge amount of credit for making that team achieve it's goal. I think Tom Brady was their best player on offense that season.
I agree, I don't think they would have accomplished as much with Bledsoe. It was basically a passing of the baton, Bledsoe had run his race and handed it off to Brady with an early lead.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wait who is actually putting Eli in the top 3? I wonder if Jason Campbell did what Eli just did these past 4 games...what your view would be. Would you create a thread like this?
geo said he was the #2 qb in another thread and i wouldnt create a thread but would comment to people not to hype cambell as a top 5 but thats out of the question cause he didnt win the superbowl stop taking it so personal im just tired of everyone trying to annoint eli now as great cause he got the ring.... he made a nice run but i think the d is what won that game... i mean guys like trent dilfer and hassleback have won sb's and people didnt say that they were great they realized they mananaged the game and playesd as a team but cause eli is a "manning" he has to be annointed as the next big thing its just ********

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
you can have a top 10 qb that never gets you a superbowl ring, just post season success (ala McNabb)...or you can have a guy that just makes the right throws at the right time and rallies his team (ala Eli Manning)...face it, you're bitter because your a Skins fan and you're jealous that Eli had so much success in the postseason, and you hate the Giants...

Great QB's are born in the the playoffs...that was evident this season more than any...Garrard, Rivers, Manning...they all had great post season wins and were met with post season success...hell, tom brady was born in the playoffs back in 2001...look at him now...face it, you don't know what Eli Manning is going to be, all I know is that he and his team have superbowl rings....and your team and their qb do not...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's still come through in crunch time on numerous occasions. Including twice in the Super Bowl. I think his legacy will be fine.
Thats what I mean. His regular season passer rating hovers around 70 and 80 and turns over the ball alot.

But when the game is on the line, there are only a couple of guys I would pick over him. Maybe even just one (!!!).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And it's Coughlin....not Cofflin....

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are opinions allowed to change? Coughlin has changed as a person and as a coach this year in many ways, does that now allow one to alter their view of him?
no go ahead obviously, this is what have u done for me lately but dont act like its not being hypocritical... its just like people now saying brady is hyped

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lol, don't make this thread after a SB. You must be crazy.

And no one thinks Brady's overhyped. That's f'n ridiculous. This is a bitter thread.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote