Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I have a question

Belichick challenged a Penalty..

I thought that couldn't be challenged.

Did I miss a rule, rule change or did they just rewrite the rule book tonight?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can challenge a penalty as long as it is one that doesn't involve a ref's judgment. At least that is how I understand it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know when it was the rule was put in, but Joe Gibbs challenged the exact same play earlier this year against the Vikings.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I dont know when it was the rule was put in, but Joe Gibbs challenged the exact same play earlier this year against the Vikings.
I didn't know either way.. my understanding was you could only challenge position or possession.

I didn't know you could challenge a penalty or something that would result in a penalty.

Can you challenge pass interference?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:06 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I didn't know either way.. my understanding was you could only challenge position or possession.

I didn't know you could challenge a penalty or something that would result in a penalty.

Can you challenge pass interference?
No, pass interference is a judgement call.

There's no debating in this situation. Either there were 12 men on the field, or there weren't.

A similar situation is illegal touching. Either the receiver went out of bounds or he didn't. No judgement involved, therefore, it's challengable. Another one would be illegal procedure on an onside kick.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shouldnt defensive offsides be challengeable then?

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
shouldnt defensive offsides be challengeable then?
Not entirely challengeable, because when a QB feels there may be an offsides and he spots a flag tossed at the snap of the ball (I'm sure plenty savvy ones see it), he will be under the presumption it is a "free play". So if he throws an INT, no biggie, it was offsides anyway....except if they challenge it and it turns out it wasn't, which wouldn't be fair on the offense since the ref threw the flag sending the message it was a free play.

Maybe you could challenge the lack of a defensive offsides call, though. As in, snap, sacked, and the offense feels he was offsides. That should in fairness be possible if the Pats' one is ok.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

What did everybody think of when Brady threw the ball to the middle of no where (no one was within 10 yards of where the ball landed) and he was standing in his own endzone, between the tackles. Shouldn't that have been intentional grounding and a safety?
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
What did everybody think of when Brady threw the ball to the middle of no where (no one was within 10 yards of where the ball landed) and he was standing in his own endzone, between the tackles. Shouldn't that have been intentional grounding and a safety?
I thought that immediately, but that was the one where Kawika Mitchell hit him as he threw. Brady's Hand smacked off of Mitchells Helmet.
Quote:
Not entirely challengeable, because when a QB feels there may be an offsides and he spots a flag tossed at the snap of the ball (I'm sure plenty savvy ones see it), he will be under the presumption it is a "free play". So if he throws an INT, no biggie, it was offsides anyway....except if they challenge it and it turns out it wasn't, which wouldn't be fair on the offense since the ref threw the flag sending the message it was a free play.

Maybe you could challenge the lack of a defensive offsides call, though. As in, snap, sacked, and the offense feels he was offsides. That should in fairness be possible if the Pats' one is ok.
What about Holding? Because if you can challenge it and it's clear, can't that be a challengeable play then? Because it's not a "Call" because the rule is clear cut. If the hands travel outside the body, it's holding.. Correct?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the rule is actually if the hands go outside and remain outside for a period of time the ref feels it was a hold.

But I'm going off Madden commentary in the Madden NFL video game :P
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote