Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Hats off to Reeses Pieces and EA

Hats off to the Giants general managers. Ernie was building a championship team and Jerry Reese cleaned it up. Look at the 2004 offseason for the Giants..

Starting RT Kareem McKenzie
Starting MLB Antonio Pierce (Pro Bowler)
Starting and a complete STEAL in WR Plaxico Burress

It doesnt get much better than that.

Look at the past 3 drafts now especially 2005 and 2007.

Starter in the playoffs, CB Corey Webster
10 sack monster Justin Tuck
1000 yard rusher Brandon Jacobs

And they only had 4 picks that year!

Then they got Kiwi the next year, and starting DT Barry Cofield and LB Gerris Wilkinson

And to top it all off, prob the best giants draft in 10 years easy.
Aaron Ross (Already a starter)
Steve Smith (Huge in the superbowl, future #2)
Jay Alford (Dude who CRUSHED tom brady)
Zak DeOssie (#51 all over special teams)
Kevin Boss (Huge play in the superbowl, stepped in for shockey)
Micheal Johnson (Starting FS in some playoff games)
Ahamd Bradshaw (8.3 ypc in the regular season)

What a draft
Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that 07 class rocks hard. 4 rookies there who came up pretty big in the playoffs = some sturdy foundations. Still though, the Giants future remains on Eli's shoulders. Their elite status will pend on his ability to keep this level of quality from here on out.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Yeah, that 07 class rocks hard. 4 rookies there who came up pretty big in the playoffs = some sturdy foundations. Still though, the Giants future remains on Eli's shoulders. Their elite status will pend on his ability to keep this level of quality from here on out.
Their elite status is all about that front four to me.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Eli played typical to his prior 3.5 season standard, they wouldn't have made it to the Superbowl. The front 4 is the spine of their D but that offense still needs good QB play to reach that next level and become an elite team (would be nice to have a consistent one in the NFC again). Eli doesn't need to be a stat ***** like his brother but he can't revert back to early-Eli quality and expect to see the Superbowl again.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated EA and his wig, but I have to eat crow and say that fool hit it big with the Eli trade, and the picks of Webster, Juck, and Jacobs.. Damn, I bet he is very, very happy retiring, knowing this team won. Props to him, and new GM Reese.. 1st year and winning a superbowl!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJack465 View Post
Hats off to the Giants general managers. Ernie was building a championship team and Jerry Reese cleaned it up. Look at the 2004 offseason for the Giants..

Starting RT Kareem McKenzie
Starting MLB Antonio Pierce (Pro Bowler)
Starting and a complete STEAL in WR Plaxico Burress

It doesnt get much better than that.

Look at the past 3 drafts now especially 2005 and 2007.

Starter in the playoffs, CB Corey Webster
10 sack monster Justin Tuck
1000 yard rusher Brandon Jacobs

And they only had 4 picks that year!

Then they got Kiwi the next year, and starting DT Barry Cofield and LB Gerris Wilkinson

And to top it all off, prob the best giants draft in 10 years easy.
Aaron Ross (Already a starter)
Steve Smith (Huge in the superbowl, future #2)
Jay Alford (Dude who CRUSHED tom brady)
Zak DeOssie (#51 all over special teams)
Kevin Boss (Huge play in the superbowl, stepped in for shockey)
Micheal Johnson (Starting FS in some playoff games)
Ahamd Bradshaw (8.3 ypc in the regular season)

What a draft
Plax is considered a steal now, but it's easy to forget the fact that he had a bad attitude and had the lazy tag. I'm proud he matured, but at the same time in 2004 he wasn't playing at the level that would've considered steal status.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Plax is considered a steal now, but it's easy to forget the fact that he had a bad attitude and had the lazy tag. I'm proud he matured, but at the same time in 2004 he wasn't playing at the level that would've considered steal status.
I'll agree with that. These past two years, and this year in particular, has really defined Plaxico Burress. He played game after game for us with torn ligaments in his ankle and never complained. Didn't get to practice, and still never complained. He has my utmost respect as both a player and a person.

As for what Reese and EA has done, major props to them. I was never a huge fan of EA, but you can't argue with the results. We seem to find great RB's out of no where. Jacobs in the 4th (I believe), Bradshaw in the 7th, Ward off the Jets practice squad, Droughns for Tim Carter.

Gotta give credit to the line too, but all those backs have been pretty good - though some more than others.

As for Jerry Reese, I've been a huge fan of him since he became our GM, long before the draft occurred. He didn't go crazy with unnecessary FA's, he didn't make any crazy trades - he made some really great key signings, like Mitchell and Hixon - and built us through the draft.

I'm so happy to have him as our GM.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw was a huge steal

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote