Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Spagnuolo the front runner for skins job?

After tonight, is he priority #1 for the Skins? Why would you want Fassel over him, its not even close...Seems like he closed the deal with his schemes tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does he want to become a HC, or is he content being a DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really think people should get too carried away. He has been a great DC this year, but we don't usually crown players as great after one really good year. Plus, being HC material goes beyond just being able to make a good scheme.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most coaches get into coaching to become head coaches. A lot depends on the opportunity and the situation. Spagnuolo probably has the job if he wants it, but does he want to walk in with his staff picked for him and into a situation where the players appeared to want someone else?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shoot if he can turn our DLine into anything close to that Giants DLine than I am all for it. I don't know a ton about the guy but I tend to like what I know so far.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has he said that he is leaving the Giants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spagnuolo was a defensive assistant for about 6 years with the Eagles. He's a disciple of Andy Reid and Jim Johnson. His schemes with the Giants are similar to the stuff that Jim Johnson has done with the blitzes, etc. Difference Spags has is that his DLine is better than any the Eagles ever had, so he can do lots of weird stuff. He is known as a tireless worker, and his defense loves him for sure. He was always pegged to be a future NFL coach, but I'm not sure that anyone really expected him to get a shot this soon.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 02-04-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I mean he did good with the D-Line but come on he had Tuck, Michael S, and Osi.....that is alot of talant.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Spags had those guys, but he put them in a position to be successful for most of the year. He also worked with a banged up and young secondary that didn't have a lot of star power, and that unit was successful by years' end.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I just don't think Spags would want to go to Washington. It's an unattractive job from a personell standpoint but money does tend to override situations such as these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Spags had those guys, but he put them in a position to be successful for most of the year. He also worked with a banged up and young secondary that didn't have a lot of star power, and that unit was successful by years' end.
I was talking about the D-Line....I agree he did a great job with the secondary.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I just don't think Spags would want to go to Washington. It's an unattractive job from a personell standpoint but money does tend to override situations such as these.
It's a money thing and an opportunity thing. There are only 32 jobs at this level. Washington has unlimited financial resources and a supposed commitment to winning. However, why would you want to go into a situation where you can't pick your staff? I think that is a major negative. I'd rather wait another year if I were him.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have top believe it's his if he wants it. I think that's why the Redskins waited.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I mean he did good with the D-Line but come on he had Tuck, Michael S, and Osi.....that is alot of talant.
They had all those guys last year and Kiwi healthy on the line, and they looked alot worse...their personell didnt change too much from this years to last, but he had their defense completely turn around in a year...

The Falcons should of at least waited to get an interview with the guy, who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
It's a money thing and an opportunity thing. There are only 32 jobs at this level. Washington has unlimited financial resources and a supposed commitment to winning. However, why would you want to go into a situation where you can't pick your staff? I think that is a major negative. I'd rather wait another year if I were him.
Especially since the D coordinator already is place, from what I read almost seems to have a total polar opposite view on defensive schems as Spagnuolo. Spags can creat pressure, but he also has the pieces to that. Washington does not have those pieces. I'm not saying they can't get them in time, but they aren't there now.

I'm sure every recommendation from the Giants front office and coaching staff will be that Spags should not take the Skins job. And it won't be because we are trying to hold onto him or prevent him from leaving. There are always at least three jobs available every year. Spags would likely have his choice of a few or even more next offseason.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
They had all those guys last year and Kiwi healthy on the line, and they looked alot worse...their personell didnt change too much from this years to last, but he had their defense completely turn around in a year...

The Falcons should of at least waited to get an interview with the guy, who knows
Lot of injuries last year. Tuck and Strahan both didn't play half a season. Kiwi was a rookie. Osi missed about 5 games.

In 2005 when Osi and Strahan were both healthy, they got plenty of pressure.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

I thought we should have too. Seems like Smith and Dmitrioff were a perfect match though.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Especially since the D coordinator already is place, from what I read almost seems to have a total polar opposite view on defensive schems as Spagnuolo. Spags can creat pressure, but he also has the pieces to that. Washington does not have those pieces. I'm not saying they can't get them in time, but they aren't there now.

I'm sure every recommendation from the Giants front office and coaching staff will be that Spags should not take the Skins job. And it won't be because we are trying to hold onto him or prevent him from leaving. There are always at least three jobs available every year. Spags would likely have his choice of a few or even more next offseason.
Spags is young enough and has enough of a reputation that the jobs will be there next season. I don't see a reason for him to take the Redskins job where he walks in with zero control over the staff. That's not a way to start your first coaching job.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the love of everything holy, I hope not.

Whats lost in the whole "he has the dline" argument is how well he uses them. We twist and stunt so much, we zone blitz, we absolute blitz, he uses our pieces as well as anybody.

You couldn't get more out of our unit this year. He maximized its potential, and thats all you ask for.

Even his 4 man rushes are not vanilla. He really knows how to attack. I love the guy.

IN YOUR FACE TIM LEWIS!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Another potential HC out of the Andy Reid tree. Not a bad lineup thusfar. Childress and Harbaugh. Spags is coming, and Reid recently said he has 2 or 3 more potential future HC's in his stable now.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

It's a massive gamble to turn down any head-coaching job. Things can turn sour very quickly. On the other hand, having a ready-picked staff is strife waiting to happen.

If I were Spags, I'd accept the job on the condition that I had Snyder's promise that I could redo my staff at the end of the first year if I so wished.

Finally, while I do think that Spags will make a good HC, there is far more to a HC than just scheming. In fact, the coaches who are brilliant at play-calling and scheming tend to be the ones who struggle with the transition from co-ordinator to HC. That said, Spags seems to be an effortless motivator as well, which is the most important thing.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still see Mariucci going to Washington.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I still see Mariucci going to Washington.
Did you see the way he Deion and Faulk were acting at the end of NFL Gameday last night? They were basically saying he was going to be the next head coach.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Could it be that Deion and Faulk were sick of Mooch as a broadcaster and just wanted him out and coaching? Or maybe they were just trying to help a friend get a job? They have no information.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think snyder might make a little offer to him but spag wont get a huge offer from snyder... i dont know why spagnuolo would want to come here with coordinators in place and an owner where he knows he has such a short leash

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote