Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-22-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not much at all I'd be surprised if we were able to get more than a 5th round pick.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

since I've seen him play very little....what is the knock on him and why hasn't his talent translated into NFL production...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
since I've seen him play very little....what is the knock on him and why hasn't his talent translated into NFL production...
the s.o.b. cant catch. he's fast as hell, has great separation speed, but cant catch the ball.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks that he didnt pan out for u guys, he was supposed to replace Moss. I remember during one of the Packer-Viking games last year him burning everyone and Jackson throwing a perfect pass and him dropping it. It was a sure touchdown, the game turned out 9-7 in favor of the Packers that was a huge drop. Did Moss want out of Minny or did Minny want him out I dont remember? That was a great day for all Packer fans that we didnt have to face him twice a year anymore. He always killed us.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I read somewhere that the Jaguars are interested in Williamson...I hope they would wait for him to be released but what is his current trade value?
i am not sure, but it can not be much. maybe a 5th or something ******

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
It sucks that he didnt pan out for u guys, he was supposed to replace Moss. I remember during one of the Packer-Viking games last year him burning everyone and Jackson throwing a perfect pass and him dropping it. It was a sure touchdown, the game turned out 9-7 in favor of the Packers that was a huge drop. Did Moss want out of Minny or did Minny want him out I dont remember? That was a great day for all Packer fans that we didnt have to face him twice a year anymore. He always killed us.
It was Red McCombs going away present more than anything else... I hate that S.O.B.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Just read this...

Quote:
The Vikings and the agent for Troy Williamson are on the record: The agent can explore trade options for the oft-maligned speed receiver who has struggled to live up to the No. 7 overall pick since the Vikings drafted him as Randy Moss’ replacement in 2005.

Williamson’s agent, David Canter, didn’t initiate the move, according to the Vikings, but he is driving the business.

“We allowed him (Canter) to go out and see what’s out there,” Vikings coach Brad Childress said on Friday. “It’s something that’s got to be satisfactory to us, then we’ll do it. But I’ve said before that he’s under contract with us.”

Childress indicated the Vikings had no real preference if they received a draft pick or a player in return.

Asked what his value might be, he said, “You know, you might be surprised. We’ll see. I just know that when I got out of there (a morning session at the NFL Scouting Combine), I had probably three people grab me. David is keeping in contract with Rick (Spielman, the vice president of player personnel). We’ll just see. I wouldn’t probably venture a guess.”

Childress’ reference of three teams showing interest increased to about a dozen teams, according to Canter, in the hours following.

In 2005, the Vikings got a first- and seventh-round draft pick in trading Randy Moss to the Oakland Raiders. After spending two disappointing seasons in Oakland, the Raiders made a draft-day deal that sent Moss to the New England Patriots for a fourth-round draft pick, showing how value is about perception and timing. The Vikings’ first-round pick in their Moss deal was used on Williamson.

In three seasons with the Vikings, Williamson has 79 receptions, 1,067 yards and only three touchdowns.

The Vikings could end up with a player or a draft pick if they trade him.

“A couple pitches I heard: ‘Are you set and cemented that it’s got to be this and this or it’s got to be this and a player?’ We’re not. We’re just listening,” Childress said Friday morning after other teams were learning of Williamson’s availability. “David is the guy that’s drumming up the business.”

Of course, having teams find out the news at the Combine is convenient and expedite the process. Teams can conduct more face-to-face sessions with the Vikings to gauge their interest in potential deals.

“It saves you a bunch of phone calls when you see them all face to face and the word is out there,” Childress said.

Childress said the move was “a decision we made organizationally.”

“It was a mutually agreeable situation,” Childress said. “David was happy to be able to have that latitude to do that and we wanted to give him the ability to do that.”

The Vikings and Williamson worked together with the Nike Institute in Oregon to correct a problem they spotted with him being able to track the ball in the air. He also spent additional time catching thousands of footballs launched from the JUGS machine after practices and at his home.

“The investment on our part was really more of time and was a Nike investment. … All you’re trying to do is heighten skills and give a guy every tool you can. Nothing ventured, nothing gained,” Childress said. “There are some that will have success with the things that you put in place and there are some that won’t. It doesn’t mean that he won’t if he goes somewhere else. It doesn’t mean he won’t if he stays. You don’t know.”

Childress couldn’t recall a player being allowed to seek a trade and then remaining
http://min.scout.com/a.z?s=63&p=2&c=731240

12 teams interested :| that really surprised me.
Old 02-24-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes stilil young and speedy, if if if if if he ever learned to catch the ball, he'd probably be a fairly decent WR....its not going to cost a team much, but maybe just maybe we'll get a 6th rounder for him
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

trade him for two bottles of gatorade and a couple peices of pocket lint
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

wow just think we could trade him for the guy who beat tavaris jackson out at QB at Arkansas wouldnt that be funny WIlliamson for Matt Jones hahahaha then he could beat him out again lol
Old 02-25-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Williamson to Jaguars

http://www.twincities.com/ci_8360959?source=rss

Quote:
The Vikings have agreed in principle to trade receiver Troy Williamson to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a second-day draft pick, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There.
Is.
A.
God.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope we can use the extra pick to trade up and get Devin Thomas if we need to.

sig by guesswhosback

Adrian Peterson>>>>Reggie Bush
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

We are only going to get a 6th round pick. Thats not going to help us move up very far in round 2.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably a 6th rounder in 2009, since it's a conditional pick. I can't see how it would be conditional before the season even starts.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Yea you're right it has to be a 2009 draft pick.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

With Childress running the show Im not sure the extra picks even help. Good trade of williamson but a blind man could of seen that. What are we doing about the QB WO DE situations
Old 02-26-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Bucs4242
Rookie

Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.Bucs4242 could make a wolverine purr.

Trade 1 WR from one team who has no idea how to evaluate WR talent and send him to another one whoh has no idea how to evaluate WR talent. Makes sense. I am just syrprised II didnt see Detroit involved in this
Old 02-26-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Uhm a Bucs fan is critizing our wide out credentials?
Ahmad Rashad
Sammy White
Anthony Carter Vs Joey Galloway?
Chris Carter
Jake Reed
Randy Moss
Uhm..........Tampa has had who??????
Old 02-26-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
akvikefan89
Veteran

akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.akvikefan89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Viking Nation remembers Troy Williamson...

www.minnesotavikingsnation.com
akvikefan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:24 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll always remember Troy Williamson as a draft pick the Vikings got in on time. However, with the way their late pick Kevin Williams turned out I kind of wished they would've done it more often. I'll remember Troy as the Hot Hands (From Little Giants) of the Franchise. Best of luck in Jacksonville Troy, hopefully Mike Tice can find your toilet paper.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

story of his life...

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
amesbear
Rookie

amesbear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Glad I can laugh at the vikings every now and then.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It hasn't sunk in yet that he's gone!!

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It hasn't sunk in yet that he's gone!!
i dont think the trade becomes official until the start of the new season(the 29th)