Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-12-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default what are the usc rbs thinking

can someone please explain why all these rbs are going to USC the last two years. Last year they pulled in 3 five star guys(stafon johnson, allen bradford, cj cable) and 1 four star guy(emanuel moody), then this year 2 more five stars (joe mcknight, mark tyler) and another four star(broderick green). each back must think pretty highly of himself to stay at USC, because i bet only 2 of these guys ever get enought time to hit paydirt in the NFL.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

im sure they saw the success reggie had last year on top of USC being known as a great running back school. Look at all the heisman winners at running back SC has. if i was a running back USC would be a tempting choice for me too

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: what are the usc rbs thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by linebackerU
can someone please explain why all these rbs are going to USC the last two years. Last year they pulled in 3 five star guys(stafon johnson, allen bradford, cj cable) and 1 four star guy(emanuel moody), then this year 2 more five stars (joe mcknight, mark tyler) and another four star(broderick green). each back must think pretty highly of himself to stay at USC, because i bet only 2 of these guys ever get enought time to hit paydirt in the NFL.
well i've thought about it too... it's pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why USC even is willing to take this many guys; unless of course they're thinking of position changes with a few of them...

so yea, i forsee at least two or three of these guys transferring before it's all said and done. Although, there are guys who've been buried on college draft charts who've either been drafted, or found success in the NFL.

A couple names...
Willie Parker
Matt Cassel
Mark Bradley

there's more but that's all i can think of... naturally however this is an exception, not the rule.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

the way i see it is, that bradford moves back to linebacker (where he wil find a hard time getting playing time) or to fullback, then gable and moody share carries with one another for the rest of the usc careers, i dont know wat happens to staf. johnson becasue he cant seem to crack the lineup(possibly transfer) and then theres Joe Mcknight who i think will do very well and by the end of his soph year going into junioor year he will be the center of the USC offense, marc tyler could also might move to linebacker where he will see no playing time which is a huge of waste of talent, and broderick green should have been smart and come to penn state
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
giant73zuma
Rookie

giant73zuma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giant73zuma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only reason i could think of for brod green not going to Penn State would be weather. Its brutal here in pa winters are horrible and Southern Cal is beautiful year round. That being said he made a huge mistake, at penn state he would have started from day 1 now he'll be lucky if he starts as a red shirt senior and even then he'll still have to fight for playing time against the 5 or 6 other top running backs that will commit there too. More than half these guys are gonna have to transfer out. Did any of the freshman from last season red shirt?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Turbeauxdog
Rookie

Turbeauxdog hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

USC doesn't have a depth chart like other teams do. Carrol will play the best RB even if he is a freshman. At other schools freshman have little or no chance of playing time. So if you want to play right away, you go to USC, a non-BCS school, or if you are lucky a BCS school that has no good RBs on the roster.
Turbeauxdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance of Bradford playing a rover/linebacker type of role like Thomas Davis did at Georgia?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i like bradford and hope he only plays rb or fb

Old 02-12-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

apparently there are athletes who also care about academics too which is good...joe mcknight claims this as a factor. he is going into communications at USCs Annenberg School and that was a factor in his decision. check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gvwzCLsF0 ...interview with mcknight discussing all about his decision and USC's running back situation

Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
xxxjasmine

USC will be unreal for a long time
Old 02-12-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838
USC will be unreal for a long time

Until the NCAA puts them on the death penalty... They will be caught eventually, the clouds aren't going away any time soon.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
the way i see it is, that bradford moves back to linebacker (where he wil find a hard time getting playing time) or to fullback, then gable and moody share carries with one another for the rest of the usc careers, i dont know wat happens to staf. johnson becasue he cant seem to crack the lineup(possibly transfer) and then theres Joe Mcknight who i think will do very well and by the end of his soph year going into junioor year he will be the center of the USC offense, marc tyler could also might move to linebacker where he will see no playing time which is a huge of waste of talent, and broderick green should have been smart and come to penn state

I think that bradford will move to full back, maybe backer, Gable will get alot of carries, and so will Moody, Johnson will transfer like u said, and Joe McKnight will get tons of reps next year, but as for Tyler, i dont think he will change positions, that guy is UNREAL it seems like every 3rd time he touches the ball hes in the endzone, i just hope Gable and Moody leave after there Junior Years and then hand it off to McKnight and Tyler.
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

maybe tyler and bradford can alternate at fullback next year and then tyler can switch back to RB after some of the other backs declare for the NFL...

Old 02-13-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
terman
Rookie

terman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"Until the NCAA puts them on the death penalty... They will be caught eventually, the clouds aren't going away any time soon."

If you seriously think the NCAA is going to impose sanctions like that again, you seriously need to get your head checked.
terman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
CC
Veteran

CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.CC hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
apparently there are athletes who also care about academics too which is good...joe mcknight claims this as a factor. he is going into communications at USCs Annenberg School and that was a factor in his decision. check out this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84gvwzCLsF0 ...interview with mcknight discussing all about his decision and USC's running back situation
Give me a break, no one picks their school because they have a good Communications program. If you had said Business or Science it would have been at least somewhat reasonable.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
terman
Rookie

terman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"Give me a break, no one picks their school because they have a good Communications program. If you had said Business"

And that's where I stopped.
terman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

well according to the video i showed you of mcknight on sign day he claims it was a factor in his decision so talk to him about it...

Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: what are the usc rbs thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:
well i've thought about it too... it's pretty ridiculous. I don't understand why USC even is willing to take this many guys; unless of course they're thinking of position changes with a few of them...

so yea, i forsee at least two or three of these guys transferring before it's all said and done. Although, there are guys who've been buried on college draft charts who've either been drafted, or found success in the NFL.

A couple names...
Willie Parker
Matt Cassel
Mark Bradley

there's more but that's all i can think of... naturally however this is an exception, not the rule.
Try Tom Brady.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Brady was Michigan's starting QB. Guys like Cassell and Parker weren't even starters in college.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Tom Brady was Michigan's starting QB. Guys like Cassell and Parker weren't even starters in college.
not until his senior year, he was fighting for a good spot on the depth chart, and once even considered transfering.

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls
Quote:
not until his senior year, he was fighting for a good spot on the depth chart, and once even considered transfering.
But he still played well and had a whole season of experience under his belt. Matt Cassell barely stepped on the field at USC.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows??? If I were them I would go to a place where I could play right away and be a star

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't Drew Henson take his job at one point?
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of them think that if they go there they will win a national championship and win the hiesmen. They probally dont pay attention to what other guys are being recruited by USC since they have thier desicion to make

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful
All of them think that if they go there they will win a national championship and win the hiesmen. They probally dont pay attention to what other guys are being recruited by USC since they have thier desicion to make
Love the avatar.. I'm pretty sure they are well aware of eachothers signings. But by the looks of it, USC could be on their way to a National Championship. That's most likely Pete Carroll's recruiting bait and they're biting it like hungry fish.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote