Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-05-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Boston Red Sox Thread

Might I add... the defending World Series Champion Boston Red Sox.

Quite off-season, just the way I like it. Today the Sox officially signed Sean Casey and resigned Bobby Kielty to a minor league contract. Pitchers and catchers report in 8 days, so the season will be here soon enough. Don't like opening in Japan, but whatever, they count as Oakland home games so what do I care?

I am really excited to see what Jonathan Lester can do with a full offseason to work out and train, something he didn't have last year. As much as I love Wake, I hope he finds his way in the bullpen and the rotation looks like:

1. Beckett
2. Schilling
3. Matsuzaka
4. Buchholz
5. Lester

I'm still curious as to what will happen with Coco. I think he will be traded before they get to spring training. Hopefully we have a better year from JD Drew, and I've heard Manny had a monster offseason and I expect 40 HR's from him this year. Papi is healthy, Jacoby will win ROY. I think they have a legit shot at repeating, but Detroit looks TOUGH. Should be another fun year!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect big things from Bucholz and Lester. Hopefully Daisuke is totally comfortable and plays like he gets paid to, I really like our rotation and our bullpen. Unless the injury bug strikes I think we have the best staff in the bigs and possibly the best team. We really could have an amazing team if we don't get rattled with injuries.

Great news that we re-signed Kielty, he may be playing in the minors but he is an Ole Miss alum!
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Daisuke was quoted during the offseason as being embarassed by some of his performances. Now that he's had a year to let it all digest, has a better command of the English language and knows batters better, I think he could put up 18-20 wins this year, especially lining up against most teams #3's. I'd be happy with 12-15 wins each out of Lester and Buchholz if they start.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

i think that bucholz will be a solid starter. he showed a lot of promise in the latter half of the season. i think we could make a hell of a run again this year. the lineup really looks solid from top to bottom. i dont really care for the sean casey signing. i cant really find a hole anywhere in the team that sticks out.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

The thing I love about Sean Casey is that there isn't a single person in baseball that will ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER have a bad thing to say about him. His reputation is as the most popular teammate in baseball. He'll fit right in...
Old 02-07-2008, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Well that didn't take long, looks like Schilling may be done for the year before it even starts...
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I hear he'll be back all-star break at best. Anything he gives us this season is a plus, I just hope he can pitch in the playoffs (assuming we get there). Even if he doesnt return, we still have Beckett, Dice-K, Wake, Buchholz and Lester with Tavarez (ugh) making an emergency start if need be, we should be ok.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am finding myself intrigued by the Rangers lineup possibilities. I like all of the players except Milton Bradley. they have some really young pitching talent that won't be there for a year or two. I would love to see us package Coco, and some of that young talent we were offering the Twins for either Jarrod Saltalamacchia or better yet Taylor Teagarden as our catcher of the future. That kid was a stud at Texas, and last year he came back from surgery and hit 27 homers. He was always a great defensive catcher, good character and makeup. I would love to see him as Varitek's understudy. I would overpay for him long before I would do the same for Santana.

Catching talent is so hard to come by and we have had it too good with the captain here, and that time will end soon.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saltalamacchia is a stud. He would have been great at 1B for Atlanta had they not gone for Teixiera in the playoff run. Salty would be a great pickup for the Red Sox.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Today the Red Sox signed Bartolo Colon to a minor league contract, and more importantly, extended Terry Francona for three years. Good day. Hopefully we can get Colon to come back and be 75% the pitcher he used to be. I'd settle for that.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

first he needs to lose atleast 20lbs

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahahaha he needs to get rid of that underbelly under his chin. give him a beard and suit and you got yourself a dominican santa claus.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's said that his arm and shoulder feels good. I imagine the sox brass will want him to lose some weight, similar to the way they want schilling to lose weight. Worst case scenario he doesnt make the roster as Buchholtz is major league ready. Best case he can return to be an average to above-average pitcher and take the 5th spot in the rotation while schilling is out.
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

He said he needs to lose at least 20 pounds.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I love the Colon signing. If he stinks nothing happens. If he is 1/2 as what he was in his prime he would be a bargain. Helps replace Schill. Groom the youngesters. And they dont have to be thrown in right away
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

So what happened to colon yesterday...wasnt very settling...

Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win to open up the season. I now have the lead in my fantasy league thanks to Papelbon, Ramirez, and Ellsbury...even though its just the first game. :)

Old 04-04-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Are there any talks of moving Coco Crisp as of late in order to get Ellsbury in the starting lineup everyday? Or will Crisp be kept around and be platooned with Ellsbury in center?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

NICE!!
Old 04-14-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Those are some very nice looking rings there.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woot!! Manny being Manny!!
Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dice-K's starting off pretty well.
Now if he can stop throwing so many balls
and keep that pitch count down
he'll be a beast.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Dice-K is the first to 4-0. I am also already convinced that Jed Lowrie is a better offensive and defensive choice at SS then Julio Lugo. Seriously.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:21 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

those rings are so rediculously amazing its not even funny

but yes, i agree with you jay, i would rather have lowrie be our everyday shortstop already over lugo.... our future is VERY bright

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote