Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
Sean Taylor did it and LaRon Landry does it, your going to need a much better argument than that. Its called range bruh and Bob Sanders is way overrated. He is a good safety that was lucky events went as they did, i still have no idea how he was DPOY though
No, Sean Taylor didn't do it, nor did LaRon Landry, and if you want proof of that, go back and watch the drubbing the Pats put on your team again. You give any QB sufficient time and a zone coverage, they're going to find an open man, "bruh".

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On both sides of the ball for the Titans...

Defense:

Albert Haynesworth, DT - I don't really like this, but I can't really make an argument for anyone else. The other great players on the Titans defense are Kyle Vanden Bosch and Keith Bulluck. David Thornton is a great WLB, but I can't say that people consider him to be near Elite. Chris Hope is a Top 5 SS, but due to his injury, I'm not sure what his future holds. Vanden Bosch has earned everything he's received, in my opinion. I have no hesitation in saying that KVB deserved to go to the Pro Bowl over Mario Williams, but that is not to say Williams isn't deserving. And while most people have labeled Bulluck as an under-rated player to the point of him possibly receiving too much attention for it, he is still our best LB and is a playmaker in every sense. So, there's only Haynesworth. Now, Haynesworth has been dynamite this season. But, this is his first great season. He was great in the first half of the year, but declined later in the year, probably due to injury. Just one of those players who has too many, "Yeah, but...'s" to really label as the NFL's best DT, or close to it anyway. Maybe this NFL season's best DT, but still must show he can do it more than once.

Offense:

Vince Young, QB - I chose VY for two reasons. The first is: Who else is even rated?! LenDale White had a much better season than most would have predicted, especially with an apparent quadriplegic attempting to open things up for him in the passing game. Though, White still gets knocked for his weight, and some people even think that the Titans should target another RB in the offseason. Can't really call White over-rated when he does well, yet still gets criticized for miniscule things such as being fat when he's a Power Back. Next the WR's... Well, there's Mike Williams! I mean, he was a 1st RD pick! He's gotta be rated highly. Oh! What about Biren Ealy, UDFA? The underdog/fan favorite who probably gets more attention than he deserves. Neither of them? Well, everyone else falls in the category, "I know, but hey, he's not that bad." Not to mention, it's hard to catch passes when VY is uncontrollably chucking them into the bleachers. The OLine has gotten love as a unit, but rarely do you see anyone suggest Michael Roos as part of the next generation of Pro Bowl LT's. So just by that reason alone, Vince Young is the most over-rated offensive player by default.

The second reason is: Since Vince Young was the center of a feel good story over a year ago, and was discussed frequently in the media, he is over-rated today. I know. It makes perfect sense to me too. Young wasn't a polished product when he was drafted, and we all knew he needed time to develop. But since the media started using terms like, "He just wins games..." to describe Young's rookie success, he deserves no grace. I mean, c'mon! The guy had a bad QB Rating. I don't care if the playcalling is horrifically conservative, or that every Titans RB's touchdown has come from within 5 YDs of the endzone. I don't care who you are. No QB should do that. Plus, he has too many INT's. A 2nd year QB who throws too many INT's...absolutely unforgivable. I mean, I know that I could complete passes to WR's who gain the same amount of separation from DB's as metal scrap does from an industrial size magnet. Well...maybe not me per say, but I know Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, two Hall of Fame QB's, would be able to no problem. So no excuses for you Vince Young! Or else you'll end up just like Michael Vick: prison. How do I know that? Because using solely Michael Vick as my sample space to compare you to, I can pick out common characteristics between you and make educated assumptions. For instance, being able to run. Both Young and Vick are dual-threat QB's, therefore they share the same fate. Also, poor WR's. Both Young and Vick had poor WR's early in their careers. Except, Atlanta made an attempt to surround Vick with talent, despite Vick not being able to utilize them in the immaculate manner by which Chris Redman uses. But since Vick couldn't do it, no use in even giving Young the opportunity to play with better talent than Justin Gage. If Vick, a convicted felon, can't use his impressive intelligence to bring it all together, Young has no chance. So in other news, I'm sorry Terrelle Pryor. You should just quit now. Because since the quarterback of my team, Vince Young, can't light up the league in his second season, I will be bitter about it for years and vent that upon you. It doesn't matter if your future situation is even vastly different from my QB's current situation. If Vince Young can't do it no matter the detrimental circumstances around him, there ain't no way you can. So with that method of thinking, I think Vick, Young, and Pryor will end up in prison for dog fighting charges. Cause if Shiver's QB, Michael Vick, did that to himself, then the other two QB's will follow suit due to the three sharing a few common traits or people discussing them bringing up familiar arguments defending said players.

Vince Young, you better get your over-rated act together, or else people will discover what you really are! A QB with less than two full seasons as a starter who plays on a conservative, run-oriented team with a lousy receiving core! Until you do that, I will continue to criticize because you aren't still single-handedly winning game, I have a personal bias, or I am angry you get attention for your success! And honestly, you make me embarrassed to be a Titans fan...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-09-2008 at 01:54 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Defense:

Albert Haynesworth, DT - I don't really like this, but I can't really make an argument for anyone else. The other great players on the Titans defense are Kyle Vanden Bosch and Keith Bulluck. David Thornton is a great WLB, but I can't say that people consider him to be near Elite. Chris Hope is a Top 5 SS, but due to his injury, I'm not sure what his future holds. Vanden Bosch has earned everything he's received, in my opinion. I have no hesitation in saying that KVB deserved to go to the Pro Bowl over Mario Williams, but that is not to say Williams isn't deserving. And while most people have labeled Bulluck as an under-rated player to the point of him possibly receiving too much attention for it, he is still our best LB and is a playmaker in every sense. So, there's only Haynesworth. Now, Haynesworth has been dynamite this season. But, this is his first great season. He was great in the first half of the year, but declined later in the year, probably due to injury. Just one of those players who has too many, "Yeah, but...'s" to really label as the NFL's best DT, or close to it anyway. Maybe this NFL season's best DT, but still must show he can do it more than once.

Offense:

Vince Young, QB - I chose VY for two reasons. The first is: Who else is even rated?! LenDale White had a much better season than most would have predicted, especially with an apparent quadriplegic attempting to open things up for him in the passing game. Though, White still gets knocked for his weight, and some people even think that the Titans should target another RB in the offseason. Can't really call White over-rated when he does well, yet still gets criticized for miniscule things such as being fat when he's a Power Back. Next the WR's... Well, there's Mike Williams! I mean, he was a 1st RD pick! He's gotta be rated highly. Oh! What about Biren Ealy, UDFA? The underdog/fan favorite who probably gets more attention than he deserves. Neither of them? Well, everyone else falls in the category, "I know, but hey, he's not that bad." Not to mention, it's hard to catch passes when VY is uncontrollably chucking them into the bleachers. The OLine has gotten love as a unit, but rarely do you see anyone suggest Michael Roos as part of the next generation of Pro Bowl LT's. So just by that reason alone, Vince Young is the most over-rated offensive player by default.

The second reason is: Since Vince Young was the center of a feel good story over a year ago, and was discussed frequently in the media, he is over-rated today. I know. It makes perfect sense to me too. Young wasn't a polished product when he was drafted, and we all knew he needed time to develop. But since the media started using terms like, "He just wins games..." to describe Young's rookie success, he deserves no grace. I mean, c'mon! The guy had a bad QB Rating. I don't care if the playcalling is horrifically conservative, or that every Titans RB's touchdown has come from within 5 YDs of the endzone. I don't care who you are. No QB should do that. Plus, he has too many INT's. A 2nd year QB who throws too many INT's...absolutely unforgivable. I mean, I know that I could complete passes to WR's who gain the same amount of separation from DB's as metal scrap does from an industrial size magnet. Well...maybe not me per say, but I know Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, two Hall of Fame QB's, would be able to no problem. So no excuses for you Vince Young! Or else you'll end up just like Michael Vick: prison. How do I know that? Because using solely Michael Vick as my sample space to compare you to, I can pick out common characteristics between you and make educated assumptions. For instance, being able to run. Both Young and Vick are dual-threat QB's, therefore they share the same fate. Also, poor WR's. Both Young and Vick had poor WR's early in their careers. Except, Atlanta made an attempt to surround Vick with talent, despite Vick not being able to utilize them in the immaculate manner by which Chris Redman uses. But since Vick couldn't do it, no use in even giving Young the opportunity to play with better talent than Justin Gage. If Vick, a convicted felon, can't use his impressive intelligence to bring it all together, Young has no chance. So in other news, I'm sorry Terrelle Pryor. You should just quit now. Because since the quarterback of my team, Vince Young, can't light up the league in his second season, I will be bitter about it for years and vent that upon you. It doesn't matter if your future situation is even vastly different from my QB's current situation. If Vince Young can't do it no matter the detrimental circumstances around him, there ain't no way you can. So with that method of thinking, I think Vick, Young, and Pryor will end up in prison for dog fighting charges. Cause if Shiver's QB, Michael Vick, did that to himself, then the other two QB's will follow suit due to the three sharing a few common traits or people discussing them bringing up familiar arguments defending said players.

Vince Young, you better get your over-rated act together, or else people will discover what you really are! A QB with less than two full seasons as a starter who plays on a conservative, run-oriented team with a lousy receiving core! Until you do that, I will continue to criticize because you aren't still single-handedly winning game, I have a personal bias, or I am angry you get attention for your success! And honestly, you make me embarrassed to be a Titans fan...
I have to agree with you on this one.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:

Defense:

Offense:

Are your fingers okay? :). Great comment on Haynesworth. I can't like him since he kicked Andre Gurode on the face.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol, no finger cramps for me. ;)

I went a little overboard, but I'm not really angry that Young gets criticized. Most people have a logical reason to knock on him, and frankly, he's become an easy answer to these types of questions. He was Rookie of the Year, went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie, and received much attention from media outlets like ESPN, though he's never done anything stastically impressive consistently in his <2 NFL seasons. People think he gets more credit than he deserves, and they may be right. But, what's frustrating is when posters like Shiver criticize because of a bias. Whenever Shiver discusses Young, he always, always, compares him to Michael Vick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Plenty of people were on his bandwagon this past off-season, but another poor season and everyone will write him off as a poor man's Michael Vick.
A quote from this very thread. And considering Vick is in jail and likely won't get back into the NFL anytime soon, I for one find it funny how Young, who's at least a current NFL player, and can be considered a poor man's version of Vick. Most of my remarks in my previous post are sarcastic, but the Young/Vick portion isn't. Shiver has already concluded that Young will never be a capable QB in the NFL because Michael Vick wasn't.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young wishes he was a poor man's Mike Vick.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A quote from this very thread. And considering Vick is in jail and likely won't get back into the NFL anytime soon, I for one find it funny how Young, who's at least a current NFL player, and can be considered a poor man's version of Vick. Most of my remarks in my previous post are sarcastic, but the Young/Vick portion isn't. Shiver has already concluded that Young will never be a capable QB in the NFL because Michael Vick wasn't.

Well, he is a poor man's Michael Vick.

He doesn't run as well as Michael Vick.

His arm strength isn't as good as Vick's.

He wasn't drafted as high as Michael Vick.

He's slightly shorter than Michael Vick.

And after signing an extension half the size of Vick's, he's going to get caught in a hamster fighting ring and get sentenced to six months in juvenile hall. I don't know how that's going to work since Vince is 24, but they'll find a way.

And Vince's brother is going to go undrafted in the CFL draft after he holds up a bunch of slightly younger teenages with a water gun in the parking lot of an Arby's.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post

Um Vince is 6'5.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And after signing an extension half the size of Vick's, he's going to get caught in a hamster fighting ring and get sentenced to six months in juvenile hall. I don't know how that's going to work since Vince is 24, but they'll find a way.

And Vince's brother is going to go undrafted in the CFL draft after he holds up a bunch of slightly younger teenages with a water gun in the parking lot of an Arby's.

He's actually 6'4 compared to Mike's 6'0-6'1. Other then that, you are on though.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a couple people here missed the sarcasm.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree on fat albert, he had shown in past he can play at a high level, but injuries was the one of the reasons that kept him from reaching his peak, you also look at are defense which was giving up about 100 more yards a game rushing when he was hurt, i also agree with the Vince Young part.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There needs to be an HGH test, Ed Hochuli is a cheater.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with smitty on this one. Can't agree with ya on Albert, not at all. Not one single player mattered more to our team this year than he did. No way can you overrate what he did for us. The defense carried us, and when he was out, they went to complete ****. Especially the run D. No other way around that.

If you want the overrated player on our defense.....it's Keith Bulluck. That's right. At this point in his career he's good in coverage and that's about it. I started to get curious about his level of play a couple years back when our run defense got really bad. So I started watching him and focusing in on him alone when our D took the field. All you gotta do is key in on him and it's as clear as day...he plays soft. Can't play the run. He looks like he's playing on rollerskates. He makes NO plays at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield. Plus he missed alot of tackles. More than most fans are willing to admit. I'm actually getting used to seeing it. All his missed tackles look the same: Dive at the ballcarrier with your arms, wrap him up, then slide all the way down to his feet as you let him run right through you. Gotta give it to him though, he's a great cover LB. He's tall and fast and rangy. But if you want him to be a real player, you gotta protect him, alot more than most LB's cause he just doesn't play physical at all. David Thornton outplayed him this year. I bet he made 10x the amount of plays Keith did within 1 yard of the LOS or in the backfield. But Keith is flashy and athletic whereas Thornton is just rock solid.

And Vince Young is obvious. He was terrible all season long, and so was his supporting cast. But that doesn't change the fact that he was terrible himself. Luckily for him he's still got time to improve.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 02-09-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I'm with smitty on this one. Can't agree with ya on Albert, not at all. Not one single player mattered more to our team this year than he did. No way can you overrate what he did for us. The defense carried us, and when he was out, they went to complete ****. Especially the run D. No other way around that.

If you want the overrated player on our defense.....it's Keith Bulluck. That's right. At this point in his career he's good in coverage and that's about it. I started to get curious about his level of play a couple years back when our run defense got really bad. So I started watching him and focusing in on him alone when our D took the field. All you gotta do is key in on him and it's as clear as day...he plays soft. Can't play the run. He looks like he's playing on rollerskates. He makes NO plays at the line of scrimmage or in the backfield. Plus he missed alot of tackles. More than most fans are willing to admit. I'm actually getting used to seeing it. All his missed tackles look the same: Dive at the ballcarrier with your arms, wrap him up, then slide all the way down to his feet as you let him run right through you. Gotta give it to him though, he's a great cover LB. He's tall and fast and rangy. But if you want him to be a real player, you gotta protect him, alot more than most LB's cause he just doesn't play physical at all. David Thornton outplayed him this year. I bet he made 10x the amount of plays Keith did within 1 yard of the LOS or in the backfield. But Keith is flashy and athletic whereas Thornton is just rock solid.

And Vince Young is obvious. He was terrible all season long, and so was his supporting cast. But that doesn't change the fact that he was terrible himself. Luckily for him he's still got time to improve.
Keith Bullock sounds a lot like Keith Brooking. Except Brooking has lost his athleticism by this point.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How's this for a name.....Asante Samuel.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is very good, and he is clearly one of the top corners in the game. But people throw his name around like he's ultra-elite, and I'm not sure he's at that level. I'd put him in the class of a Rashean Mathis....both are very, very good players and make a lot of plays, but each has been known to give up big plays in big games. Top ten, yes. Top three? Not so much. (I'd also throw DeAngelo Hall in that category....great player, but not as good as his reputation. And definitely not as good as he seems to believe).

I'm not sure I'd consider Vince Young to be overrated, per se....just overhyped. Nobody has suggested that Young is a top QB, or that he's a strong passer. Everybody knows the book on Young....good athlete, good runner, below average passer. Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but I don't see how he can be overrated when everyone agrees he's below average. Overhyped, yes. Overrated...not so much.

Without naming any names, I think wide receivers as a group tend to be greatly overrated. So many people are obsessed with the idea that a dominant #1 wideout is critical to a team's success, but there are an awful lot of great WR's putting up great numbers year after year, and yet their teams keep losing every year.

You almost never see this with a good QB, RB, or even a good TE. At these positions, when a player plays at a consistently high level every year, the team starts winning....you rarely see two losing seasons in a row. But with WR's, you can have a guy who puts up 1200 yards and 10 TD's every year, and the team still stinks. At other positions, great numbers quickly translates into wins. But for a WR, great numbers are just great numbers....it doesn't translate into wins until the other positions step it up.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you can call a guy who is injury prone overrated because he isn't healthy enough to play a full season at a high level, then I guess Haynseworth applies. That's not really my definition of overrated though. Overrated to me is a guy who most people think plays very well, but doesn't.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the dude and I am suprised nobody noted him yet, but Joey Porter is really, really overrated. He is too much money to be getting what, 3 sacks? The year before this past one, he wasnt that good and only did well against weak oline play. Back in 05 and before that, he was a beast and could beat players. Age is catching up to him, and he just needs to take a huge pay cut or be an emotional leader.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post

QFT. I stated a page or two back that bulluck was the most overrated on our D. I noticed that he started to slip a couple of years ago back when he started to get national acclaim. He misses way too many tackles and gets outplayed by thornton. IMO he is no longer in the top 3 or 5 like most suggest. probably more top 12 but not 5.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulluck looks like he's lost a step....but he's still quick and fast for a LB. He's never been very physical. He really didn't have as many opportunities to make plays this year with the play of the guys in front of him.

Maybe he's overrated by some homer Titans fans, but it seems like he's still not a big name across the league.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Haha... that was funny as hell.

Water gun... haha.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I couldn't disagree more with Bulluck over Haynesworth.

Yes, Fat Al was undeniably our team's MVP this season. But, it was only one season, and Albert's level of play slacked off later on in the year. Before this season, Albert has been an under-achiever and probably not even considered a Top 10 DT. Not to mention, he's only played one full season his entire career; His rookie year. After this season, he was a candidate for DPOY and went to the Pro Bowl. Awards that are certainly deserved after his season, but if Albert Haynesworth isn't tagged this offseason, he will likely become the highest paid DT in the league, whether by us or by another team. Now, after the past 5 years of Fat Al's career, can you say that he deserves that contract over every other DT in the league? I can't after only one season. With that said, I do think that Albert was the best DT in the NFL this season, and his performance was so great that I feel that I cannot find a superlative good enough for it. Ultimately, I chose Albert because I didn't think anyone else on our defense was rated highly enough around the NFL to be considered over-rated.

As far as Bulluck goes, I can't say he's over-rated. Over the past 5 years, he's tallied 659 Total Tackles, 15.5 Sacks, 12 Interceptions, 3 DEF TD's, 10 Forced Fumbles, 44 Passes Defended, and has only missed 1 Game! Of all the LB's in the league, not one other OLB can make a better or even comparable boast. Not Julian Peterson. Not Derrick Brooks. Not Takeo Spikes. Not Lance Briggs. Nor can Ray Lewis, who plays ILB. Even Brian Urlacher can only say that he has more sacks than Bulluck over the past 5 seasons. The only player with comparable statistics is Donnie Edwards, an ILB, and Edwards only has more TOT's and INT's. Bulluck is easily the most durable and consistent OLB in the league. Yet, he's only made 1 Pro Bowl ballot.

As far as this season goes, Bulluck had a down year compared to his past. He registered 88 TOT's (3rd highest on team), 0 Sacks, 5 INT's (Career high, led team, and was t-2nd most among all LB's), 0 DEF TD, 1 Forced Fumble, and 7 Passes Defended. For most LB's, thats a solid season, but compared to Bulluck's history, it's a poor one. Over the 4 previous seasons, he averaged 142.8 TOT's, 3.9 Sacks, 1.8 INT's, 0.8 DEF TD's, 2.3 FFumbles, and 9.3 PD's per season. So although he had a career high in interceptions, his average in every other stastistic decreased. But, that is explainable. This season, Albert Haynesworth was a monster, and Kyle Vanden Bosch was a Pro Bowl DE. Conveniently, Fat Al and KVB play in front of Bulluck. KVB's Assisted Tackles decreased by nearly 50%, and no one was going through Fat Albert. Overall, the entire DLine played great, so few RB's ever got into the reach of the LB's which caused the TOT numbers to go down, especially for Bulluck who was staring at the rumps of two Pro Bowlers. As for the decrease in sacks, we all know that Jim Schwartz's philosophy is to stop the run first and foremost, and is overall conservative. There is little blitzing and relies on the DLine to pressure the quarterback. Well, since the DLine was pressuring the quarterback so well, there was no need for Bulluck to blitz. Thus, he had a decrease in Sacks and an increase in INT's. As far as the DEF TD's and FFumbles go, I don't put much weight into that. DEF TD's are relatively rare, and since Bulluck had fewer chances to tackle, he had fewer chances to strip the ball. No biggie as far as him having 2.3 fewer PD's.

He may have had a bad year, and he isn't the most physical or physically imposing LB in the NFL, but you cannot deny what Keith Bulluck brings to the defense, especially considering the DEF scheme and that he plays SLB. If we're purely talking about being over-rated, there's no way in hizzell that Bulluck is over-rated. All that production, and the most recognition he gets is 1 Pro Bowl and Trey Wingo and Co. saying he's a class act? Oh, no no Sha Nae-Nay. Bulluck isn't looked at as one of the best LB's in the league by the NFL fanbase, and isn't over-exposed by the media. In fact, the last time ESPN mentioned his name was when PacMan was in the news. Now, he may be over-rated by Titans fans, as he's been our best DEF player for the past 5 years, but not by the NFL community as a whole.

Bottomline is that Bulluck has been the most consistent 4-3 OLB in the NFL over the past 5 seasons, and possibly even the most consistent no matter what scheme or LB position. One of the best cover LB's in the league, and most durable. He is not without flaw, though I don't know a player that isn't, and his position he plays doesn't benefit him much individually. But, besides all of his many positives, he's been to one Pro Bowl and doesn't receive the attention from the NFL community that many other LB's get, despite his being more deserving. He gets much love from Titans fans, but we cannot mistake homerism for being over-rated. Because of all this, I cannot say that Bulluck is over-rated. If anything, he is under-rated.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:03 AM    (permalink
nikkayeah
Rookie

nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nikkayeah is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

andy lee i dont get why everyone is saying he is the greatest punter in the history of history
nikkayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stats are not everything, just saying

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man people sure are critical of VY so soon, he did have a bad year, and he regressed from his rookie year but we see that with alot of young qbs...Rivers had a bad year this year aftert how he played last year, Vince was also hurt for a big portion of the season, and the games where it looked like he was comfortable(Denver) no one was catching the ball, that game I saw flashes of what he could turn into, but he's still got a ways to go I agree...

And it is a little sickening to see Shiver downplay Young as a guy who will never develop because Michael Vick never did, and it just got kicked up a notch immediately after Vick got arrested...Cutler obviously looks like the best qb in the class, but at least with Vince you have seen some of his greatness and leadership ability which is more then you could say about Leinart who was supposed to be the other pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I love the dude and I am suprised nobody noted him yet, but Joey Porter is really, really overrated. He is too much money to be getting what, 3 sacks? The year before this past one, he wasnt that good and only did well against weak oline play. Back in 05 and before that, he was a beast and could beat players. Age is catching up to him, and he just needs to take a huge pay cut or be an emotional leader.
Thats only partially true, he's playing out of position in Miami...He went from being a weakside linebacker who rushed the passer, to a strong side lb and covers TE and taking on blockers...he would still be putting up stats like he was before had he been in pittsburgh...

but he's still vastly overpaid and his best years are behind him...Miami shouldnt of even signed him, what do you need an overpaid vet on a team rebuilding anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote