Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pacman Jones

Hey guys,
Just been reading around and apparently the Titans are trying to trade that much maligned player. That's an intriguing fit because he's a very good cornerback, and he's a good punt returner. So, then in a draft, we could pick up Jake Long(assuming Sedrick ellis goes before him, he does seem to be hyped up pretty good), and then the #1 guard in the second round. Also, with Pacman Jones, our defense instantly becomes one of the toughest in the league(since it'd be a lot harder to run against a much younger corner tandem). In the third I wouldn't be opposed to Charles Godfrey, I hear some value him as a 4th rounder...but I remember him at U of Iowa and he was a monster his first two years, then he really dropped after that(I think that's the general feeling around Iowa City..I live like 45 minutes away).

Oh, but he's also been in trouble quite a few times. I don't think the Titans will get much for him(sounds like a Randy Moss situation to me), maybe a fourth round pick.

In all honesty, I don't see Herm and Co. taking a shot with him. I just thought I'd throw that situation out there.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Hey guys,
Just been reading around and apparently the Titans are trying to trade that much maligned player. That's an intriguing fit because he's a very good cornerback, and he's a good punt returner. So, then in a draft, we could pick up Jake Long(assuming Sedrick ellis goes before him, he does seem to be hyped up pretty good), and then the #1 guard in the second round. Also, with Pacman Jones, our defense instantly becomes one of the toughest in the league(since it'd be a lot harder to run against a much younger corner tandem). In the third I wouldn't be opposed to Charles Godfrey, I hear some value him as a 4th rounder...but I remember him at U of Iowa and he was a monster his first two years, then he really dropped after that(I think that's the general feeling around Iowa City..I live like 45 minutes away).

Oh, but he's also been in trouble quite a few times. I don't think the Titans will get much for him(sounds like a Randy Moss situation to me), maybe a fourth round pick.

In all honesty, I don't see Herm and Co. taking a shot with him. I just thought I'd throw that situation out there.
As much of a need as he would fill talent wise, getting Pacman would be a desperation move in my opinion and one that if ends badly could set our process back a couple of years. I don't think we will go down this road and I'm perfectly ok with three young guys manning the secondary next year and will take our lumps there as we continue to progress.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if Pacman had been able to keep his nose clean during this long suspension but it seems like he is always finding a way into a negative spotlight. He doesn't seem to comprehend that he needs to be at home by midnight to stay out of trouble, and that shows a remarkable lack of intelligence that I would just as soon stay away from. No thanks.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt give up more than a 4th for Pacman. godfrey will be gone early 2nd. he is in that porter, patrick lee level early mid 2nd level. i wold love if Godfrey FELLL to us in the 3rd.

if you want to wait for the third/4th we could get someone like Lowery, Simeon castille, John Hefney(great cover 2 prospect), Trae Williams , Terrel Thomas, Jack Williams(great cover 2 CB out of Kent St), Tyon Branch.

I wouldnt mind 6th round takening a stab at Jack Ikegwuono since he wont play at all next year due to injury.

Others i like are Jerrid gaines, Antwuan Molden and Brandon Sumrall
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
As much of a need as he would fill talent wise, getting Pacman would be a desperation move in my opinion and one that if ends badly could set our process back a couple of years. I don't think we will go down this road and I'm perfectly ok with three young guys manning the secondary next year and will take our lumps there as we continue to progress.
Yea, I actually like the idea of telling my children about good NFL players that are on the Chiefs(I.E. Jared Allen, dude really cleaned up his act and you can't help but respect that).
But since we're on the topic of the much aligned players. What about a guy like Corey Redding from the Lions? He's been a pro bowler so the talent is there....a guy on arrowheadaddict.com said "to the players that have trouble meeting their potential..meet Herm Edwards).
Old 02-08-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather be kicked in the balls then have this guy on our team.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would rather be kicked in the balls then have this guy on our team.
You're dislike of Pacman is on an unreal level. I think I'd much rather have almost anything happen then get kicked in the jewels.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not want him here. He is a good player but a terrible person.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote