Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Never, Not with the easiest schedule in the league next year. And especially not with Bellichek at the helm.
"The easiest schedule in the league" is highly subject to change. I'm sure everyone had the Ravens marked down as a L and the Titans marked down as a W on their schedule prior to the season. Things do change though. As for "Belichick at the helm", don't count on that for 2008.

Anyway, in response to the question posed in the thread, it's not only possible, but highly likely that the Patriots are going to suffer a dropoff from this season. In fact, there are only two ways to avoid such an occurence: 1) go 19-0 or 2) win the Super Bowl. Apart from those two results, 2008 will be a dropoff from 2007 for the Patriots. As far as can they suffer a large dropoff, considering their division, it's not very likely, but considering the age of their defense, it's bound to fall off in the very near future.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team that endured the pressure of spygate, a 16-0 regular season, and that playoff run would encounter a drop off. If any team is prepared to deal with this it is the Patriots. They are veteran lead, Brady is a true leader and driven to succeed. I can see them with some significant holes to fill do to FA and retirements, but the core is there and although I have no visions of undefeated again, I think they are serious contenders for the title again next year.

The wild card remains any further punishment for BB in spygate. If they do suspend him, I would expect to see Dante Scharnecchia given the reigns as caretaker and the status quo continuing
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
Any team that endured the pressure of spygate, a 16-0 regular season, and that playoff run would encounter a drop off. If any team is prepared to deal with this it is the Patriots. They are veteran lead, Brady is a true leader and driven to succeed. I can see them with some significant holes to fill do to FA and retirements, but the core is there and although I have no visions of undefeated again, I think they are serious contenders for the title again next year.

The wild card remains any further punishment for BB in spygate. If they do suspend him, I would expect to see Dante Scharnecchia given the reigns as caretaker and the status quo continuing
I agree I dont see that big of a drop. If anything this will motovate them.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They'll have a small drop off but I still expect them to get a bye. Their record setting offense is basically intact from last year. The defense will be worse but the team is good at finding low priced players to fill in. No way do they not win the division.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
I seriously can see it happening. The letdown after going almost perfect and getting beat by a wild card team might take a serious psychological toll. That defense is aging, too. Asante Samuel is likely gone, I belive Randy Moss is a free agent (either him or welker, Im not sure). And all of the spygate drama that is undoubtedly going to take place this summer will be wearysome.
at worst they would lose first rd of the playoffs...miami, buffalo, and the jets are not ready to win the division for another 2-3 years, so the pats dont have to worry about not making the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I dont know about everyone else but I certainly hope so.
I second that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote