Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually had a bad feeling the NFL would do what they could for the Pats to be 19-0. And the fact that Hixon almost had his head ripped off on a blatant 15 yard facemask on the opening kickoff which wasn't called certainly did set the tone on a negative note for me. However I think the game was called pretty fairly. Although right now I can't see the video in question at work. At what point in the game did this come in?

Last edited by Jughead10 : 02-08-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If the Patriots want to complain about how much time was left on the clock, they should complain about the two incomplete passes on first and second down with goal to go from the six. Should have been: run, run, pass.

Could have killed down past two minutes there, or at least made the Giants burn a time out or two...

They have no one to blame but themselves.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I actually had a bad feeling the NFL would do what they could for the Pats to be 19-0. And the fact that Hixon almost had his head ripped off on a blatant 15 yard facemask on the opening kickoff which wasn't called certainly did set the tone on a negative note for me. However I think the game was called pretty fairly. Although right now I can't see the video in question at work. At what point in the game did this come in?
Its the last two minutes of the game. If you're asking when the errors were made.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Its over let it go... They cheated the they got cheated its all over let it go on both sides.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Well thats what the Pats get for cheating for the past 4 or 5 years.
+1 serves them right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
Its the last two minutes of the game. If you're asking when the errors were made.
Nah, it was in the 9-10 minute mark. I remember it happening, but it is not as significant as being mentioned. I also like the mentioning of the Pats never letting our players up, just so they can burn more time off the clock. Pretty ridiculous sometimes.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Nah, it was in the 9-10 minute mark. I remember it happening, but it is not as significant as being mentioned. I also like the mentioning of the Pats never letting our players up, just so they can burn more time off the clock. Pretty ridiculous sometimes.
Getting up slowly is a part of the game. Every defensive player does that when the time is an issue. Although I do seem to remember one play where it was quite excessive, and I thought there should have been a delay of game penalty on the Patriots.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The 4th and 1 where Jacobs barely got it is the one they're referring to, but there were clock issues all game. I'm sure there wasn't a single Pats fan complaining when a total of 6 seconds ran off the clock when the Giants had to punt with about 8 minutes to go in the game, when it should've been more like 50 seconds gone.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do believe I would consider this......karma.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cutthoat View Post
Until the pats go 0-16.. nothing against them is enough after the tuck rule.
Yeah... That blew for us.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Roughing the passer, Ray Hamilton. Raider fans and their short term memory...
Old 02-12-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after that Jacobs play, which is essentially the issue in this whole thing, the ref took FOREVER to declare a first down, and to whistle the play into action... they should have stopped the clock at that point because it wasn't the Giant's fault that he was taking so long. He really should have just made it much easier and called in the chains.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFT.com
POSTED 9:45 p.m. EST, February 11, 2008

PATS PETITION, VIDEO ARE WAY OFF BASE

In one of the worst cases of collective sour grapes we've ever seen (we've used that term twice today), there's a petition and a step-by-step video on the Internet regarding the contention that the Pats were jobbed out of a Super Bowl win over the Giants.

The claim is that, after the Giants converted a fourth-and-short with less than one minute and thirty seconds remaining in the game, the clock should never have stopped, but should have continued to run.

Though the guy on the video acts like he knows what he's talking about, he doesn't. (His mistake was assuming that the FOX announcers were giving out complete, accurate information.) Rule 4, Section 5, Article 5 expressly permits a Referee's timeout "when there is the possibility of a measurement for a first down, or if the Referee is consulting with a captain about one."

That's precisely what happened. We've watched the video. After the play, Carey and other members of the crew were gathered in an effort to determine whether Jacobs had made a first down. Though a measurement wasn't deemed necessary, Mike Carey had to eyeball the situation before making a decision.

That's why six seconds were actually added to the clock. The clock should have stopped once it became clear that whether Brandon Jacobs had made it past the sticks would require a look-see.

As the disgruntled Pats fans are now arguing, Carey had zero discretion to kill the clock while he tried to confirm whether it was first-and-ten Giants, or first-down Pats. And that contention is just flat wrong.

The other reality that is being overlooked here is that the Giants would have been moving with a somewhat greater sense or urgency if Chris Berman had been saying "tick . . . tick . . . what the f--k do they think I'm doing here? . . . tick."

So it's a non-issue. Even if more than 16,700 fans mistakenly think it is.
Put it to rest.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Karma.

I haven't checked it out yet, and its obviously not true, but say that this was that one in a million type thing, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch of stuck up cheaters (Hi BB)

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just closed the window after I saw the guy posting it said "where" instead of "were" at the beginning of the caption
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cutthoat View Post
Until the pats go 0-16.. nothing against them is enough after the tuck rule.
ya, dear lord, that call still boggles my mind

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
ya, dear lord, that call still boggles my mind
The call was absolutely correct, it is the rule that boggles my mind.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
The call was absolutely correct, it is the rule that boggles my mind.
perhaps, but from the time the play happened until today when i wrote that, the play has left me speechless. I agree though, that the rule is complete garbage. If a player knocks the ball from a hand, that IMO is a fumble.

Quote:
Old 02-13-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
the patriots were robbed 50 seconds. How can you not say this was a disadvantage to the pats...
When the Giants were in the lead earlier in the game (with roughly 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, after a 3rd down play and before a punt to be precise), they were robbed of roughly the same amount of time being run off. I don't hear Patriots fans complaining about that one. Why? Because their team was behind at the time.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots can kiss my fat white ass, and then move to my front and SUCK IT!
Old 02-13-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
hahaahahahahahaha

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
don't talk yourself down Yoda, you're not fat.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes... apparently, the Patriots did cheat.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
How about looking at the Rams and Patriots Superbowl. In addition to the recent taping news, the Patriots used their policy of raping receivers and inexplicably not getting penalized for it. Colts fans know all about this policy, in fact illegal contact was made a point of emphasis because the refs refused to call it against the Patriots in the playoffs.
Yes may corners never ever play physical defense! I mean, Marvin Harrison might break a nail and that would stop him from running his patented "Perfect Out Route so I can duck out of bounds after the catch so I don't get hit" routine.

Give me a break.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote