Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.
Default Why delay it? Eli vs. Ben vs. Rivers

There is a huge thread on a yearly basis comparing these three. There seems to be a new leader of the pack at the end of every season.

2005 - Ben
2006 - Rivers
2007 - Manning

Who's the best? This should be fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I'd put Ben at top or atleast make it close for 2007. He had a better year statistically, playing behind a sieve of a line.

So I'll go with Ben.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roethlisberger and it's not even close.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had have to go with Manning then Big Ben and then Rivers. Mainly because of who's around them to help them win.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2005: Roethlisberger
2006: Rivers
2007: Roethlisberger
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unstopeable, Eli Manning is, and he is and will continue to be the best QB in the league.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There really isnt that large of a gap between the three QBs but ill go with Big Ben based on this entire season as well as a much better overall statistical career thus far.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I had have to go with Manning then Big Ben and then Rivers. Mainly because of who's around them to help them win.
... really.

I thought this would be a Manning > All thread because he won the SB.

I think Bens been the best. He's had 1 off year, but:

2004: #5 Overall QB Rating.
2005: #3 overall QB Rating.
2006: Sucked
2007: #2 Overall QB Rating.

He has a sieve of an OL (I think the worst in the league), a speed back that never gets any running lanes, an aging #1 who's having trouble getting open.. an inconsistent #3 and a Talented developing #2.

With how bad the OL has played he hasn't really been able to utilize his TE's.

I'd go Ben > Manning > Rivers.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is everyone just going to forget Eli's regular season? I'd put Eli second just because, he has a ring but, I still say Philip is the better QB.

Yeah Eli, had a great playoff run but, there is no guarantee this carries over. It's still too early to tell w/ him...up until this year's playoffs he was just an average QB...who's future was being questioned.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Eli. He deserved the SB, playing well throughout the playoffs while Ben did everything he could to lose the SB. Eli was the main staple of the offense, while both Ben and Rivers are caretakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Anyone see where the excuses are being drawn to?

I'm still waiting for the motorcycle talk to come back.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Wonder why you decided to create this topic now.....

Going into this season I had...

Ben
Manning
Rivers

And I would say it is probably the same still.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Because one is created after every season.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Manning won a super bowl. BUT UNSTOPABLE? ELI MANNING IS!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Anyone see where the excuses are being drawn to?

I'm still waiting for the motorcycle talk to come back.
So you honestly believe that Manning should be ahead of Roethlisberger?

That was a great 6 game stretch, but if you look at the whole career Manning can't hold up to Roethlisberger.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
... really.

I thought this would be a Manning > All thread because he won the SB.

I think Bens been the best. He's had 1 off year, but:

2004: #5 Overall QB Rating.
2005: #3 overall QB Rating.
2006: Sucked
2007: #2 Overall QB Rating.

He has a sieve of an OL (I think the worst in the league), a speed back that never gets any running lanes, an aging #1 who's having trouble getting open.. an inconsistent #3 and a Talented developing #2.

With how bad the OL has played he hasn't really been able to utilize his TE's.

I'd go Ben > Manning > Rivers.

yea and eli manning had an easy year with his weapons
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
So you honestly believe that Manning should be ahead of Roethlisberger?

That was a great 6 game stretch, but if you look at the whole career Manning can't hold up to Roethlisberger.
Where did I say that?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Where did I say that?
If your going to create the topic, might as well share your opinion.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I'll take Eli. He deserved the SB, playing well throughout the playoffs while Ben did everything he could to lose the SB. Eli was the main staple of the offense, while both Ben and Rivers are caretakers.
Ben his 2nd year and Ben after 4 years are 2 different people.

I mean honestly..

It's not exactly a good comparison.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiinginNJ View Post
yea and eli manning had an easy year with his weapons
Eli Certainly had a better OL.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Roethlisberger

2. Eli
3. Rivers
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If your going to create the topic, might as well share your opinion.
Oh I will. Just wanted to see some of you accuse me of you know what.

Wait until you see my opinion next time.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-07-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Eli Certainly had a better OL.

yea and a #1 reciever on one leg, no #3 reciever, a #2 who had a case fo the yips, a RB who couldnt stay healthy, a TE that was used only as a decoy, a LT who struggled with allowing sacks and a LG who shouldnt have been a starter.

not to mention that the giants lead the nfl in drops

and thats not even touching the scheme
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Eli
2) Big Ben
3) Rivers
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

This is going to be fun......
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED