Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think people are starting to lose perspective when it comes to Eli Manning. Just one month ago he was a below average QB, and now all of the sudden he is a top-5 QB? What he did was impressive and unexpected, but let's see him play at that level on a more consistent basis before we anoint him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Eli
2. Brady
3. Peyton
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
What I don't understand is why it is so hard for Eli to get some credit after winning a god damn Super Bowl? I think that most of us Giants fans don't believe that Eli is 10x better than Roethlisberger or is better than Tom Brady, but to say they are not in the range of equality when it comes to being a QB in the NFL is ridiculous. Both QBs are known more for their game management skills compared to their overall game-changing skills and both have a SB ring to be proud of.

I've always loved Big Ben, but to say that some of his sacks are not entirely his fault because he isn't getting rid of the ball quick enough is also ridiculous. The steelers o-line is bad, but there are worse in the NFL. Much worse.
Meh...What are you talking about? It's been an Eli lovefest around these parts lately. Hell, even I gave him credit...he played well, he earned it. But just because, he won a SB doesnt automatically make him better than either of the other QBs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
What I don't understand is why it is so hard for Eli to get some credit after winning a god damn Super Bowl? I think that most of us Giants fans don't believe that Eli is 10x better than Roethlisberger or is better than Tom Brady, but to say they are not in the range of equality when it comes to being a QB in the NFL is ridiculous. Both QBs are known more for their game management skills compared to their overall game-changing skills and both have a SB ring to be proud of.

I've always loved Big Ben, but to say that some of his sacks are not entirely his fault because he isn't getting rid of the ball quick enough is also ridiculous. The steelers o-line is bad, but there are worse in the NFL. Much worse.
Ben is not a game manager anymore. It was a stigma attached to him as a rookie but it just doesn't fit. I'll give Eli credit. I think he's developed in to a solid QB. However, I think there's a difference between giving him credit and saying that his performance in the playoffs discounts all his prior play.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Yesssss....You're here!

Show me ONE POST where I have said he is a top 5 QB. Just one.
show me one where i said you did say that... you started this to hype up eli and also you're claiming he is better then ben which is clearly not true

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would of been more fun with a poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

And whether you want to admit it or not, Eli is a Super Bowl legend.

Two 4th quarter TD drives...one that was close to 90 yards long with barely over 2 minutes left that won the game and also included arguably the best play in Super Bowl history.

That is what the sig means...nothing to do with him being top 5 as you rushed to put it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
show me one where i said you did say that... you started this to hype up eli and also you're claiming he is better then ben which is clearly not true
Where did I claim Eli is better than Ben?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And whether you want to admit it or not, Eli is a Super Bowl legend.

Two 4th quarter TD drives...one that was close to 90 yards long with barely over 2 minutes left that won the game and also included arguably the best play in Super Bowl history.

That is what the sig means...nothing to do with him being top 5 as you rushed to put it.
i just love how almost nobody agrees that hes better than ben other than giants fan, but do you big guy

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
For the Steelers fans to say Ben is better and it isn't even close is atrocious.

I don't mind you saying he is better...hell I have them neck and neck and until this postseason I had Ben rated above Eli...but you guys act like he is the 2nd coming of Bradshaw. Holy cow.
does this help?

edit: nevermind i misinterpreted that

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i just love how almost nobody agrees that hes better than ben other than giants fan, but do you big guy
Where did I say he was better?

You are making this too easy man....try reading, it will help, I promise.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-08-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And on a side note Giants fans shouldnt get ahead of themselves, everyone said(alot of Giants fans) that you cant/shouldnt jump Big Ben to the front when he won that super bowl, so now since Eli got his ring he's automatically the best?

Its hard to pick who is really the bettre qb as of right now because all 3 guys have played really well and all are franchise guys, but Ill go with Big Ben, this year their offense was spread majority of the time like the Pats, and WAY more pass happy then Pittsburgh has been before and he lived up to the hype...He showed he doesnt just manage a game, this year the ball was in his hands to make plays, and excuses or not his only bad season he had a reason behind it, other then that he has always been at the top of the league and that cant be ignored...

Im not going to factor in who has rings because its only been 3 years, Rivers could easily get his as well in a few more...so for the 2 spot I really cant pick one so ill say Rivers and Eli as 2a and 2b because both had regular seasons up and down, both guys had alot worse of regular seasons then big ben did...

But both guys picked up their play during playoff time how you would expect them to and its a coin toss of who you rate higher

Quote:
Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
does this help?
I said I have them neck and neck!!! How does it get any easier to take in the fact that I don't think either of them is better than the other?

Wow.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-08-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Where did I say he was better?

You are making this too easy man....try reading, it will help, I promise.
ok so if in your heart you really believe they are exactly equal, who would u choose if u had to start a team from those 2 guys?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I said I have them neck and neck!!! How does it get any easier to take in the fact that I don't think either of them is better than the other?

Wow.
thanks for quoting me out of context, i also had edit in there but cool, sorry i misinterpreted you then apoligized for my mistake

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
ok so if in your heart you really believe they are exactly equal, who would u choose if u had to start a team from those 2 guys?
Big Ben.

He was my #1 guy in 2004 and he still is. If Eli puts together the year I think he will in 2008, then we're talking a different ballgame. But because of his inconsistencies I can't put him above Ben right now. However for anyone to say Ben is on another level could not be further from the truth. Top 5? Come on, let's be serious.

Now apologize.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-08-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

never

1. i dont believe you
2. i dont like you

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Big Ben.

He was my #1 guy in 2004 and he still is. If Eli puts together the year I think he will in 2008, then we're talking a different ballgame. But because of his inconsistencies I can't put him above Ben right now. However for anyone to say Ben is on another level could not be further from the truth. Top 5? Come on, let's be serious.

Now apologize.
Big Ben is better and more productive then Eli Manning?
Old 02-08-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants are gonna 4 peat.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
never

1. i dont believe you
2. i dont like you
And you prove my point I made in your thread.

Thanks-
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Big Ben is better and more productive then Eli Manning?
And you would think I would have some more cred here after I made everybody look silly on the Osi vs. Peppers debate.

Ah the joys of talking football with kids who watch their favorite team and an occasional nationally televised contest.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Ben at his worst is worse than Eli at his worse.

are you serious about this?? I dont buy it, Eli at his worse is far worse then anything ive seen Ben be...and that was not that long ago either

Eli's picks have went up every year since he has been the full time starter, fumbles lost has went up, and his best qb rating is 77...

In fact, for this entire regular season Eli has been sporadic and turned the ball over plenty...I dont think Ben has played as bad as Eli has vs the vikes, or even the bills for that matter...even in 2006 in bens bad year

Quote:
Old 02-08-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most impressive feat by any of the '04 class is what Philip Rivers did in this year's post-season. He is a warrior, accurate, and smart. I like the way he plays the most, but I realize that I am in the minority with that opinion.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Next year, Eli Manning will come into his own as the best QB in the NFL.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
And you prove my point I made in your thread.

Thanks-
and u make yourself look like a lieing homer who just wants to get eli out there... PLEASE TELL ME WHY if u think they are even, u would choose big ben? youre gonna tell me as a giants fan, a guy who has eli all over his sig and a guy who made his username after eli im guessing, the fan of the guy who just brought you a superbowl that you would still take ben? and u even say that u think if eli does better than 2008 that its a different ballgame. so if he doesnt then ben is better but if he does eli is better if i can infer that. so then there it is completely stupid to say that u have them dead even

Steddy Ambition!