Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Miami Northwestern the best highschool team ever?
Yes 14 33.33%
No 28 66.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
i know mater dei puts out some pretty good talent.
Colt Brennan, Matt Leinart, then who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Keak Da Sneak?
are you insisting that im a member of the Wu-Tang Clan?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post

Then just this guy, first junior to win the Gatorade national player of the year.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forget the actual stat, but the 2005(I believe) Lakeland Dreadnaughts outscored teams 630 something to like 70. That's unbelieveable.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami NW had a large scare in the 6A Semis this year...They weren't exactly completely dominant.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's talking performance, although it goes hand in hand. The fact that Miami NW is fielding a team with a dozen plus ranked players is just crazy. The only team I know who did all that was Long Beach Poly when they had: Hershel Dennis, Marcedes Lewis, Winston Justice, Darnell Bing, and Manuel Wright. But Miami NW has Jacorry Harris, Streeter, Spence, Marcus Forston, Aldarius Johnson.. I'm sure I'm missing more players but the talent on Miami NW has never been matched before.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
i thought c. palmer went there too, but he went to santa margarita.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:36 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To get really crazy with it I'll break it down for yall:

Marcus Forston(#1 DT), Jacory Harris(#13 QB), Aldarius Johnson(#7 WR), Benjamin Jones (#37 OT), Sean Spence(#5 WLB), Tommy Streeter(#24 WR), Quavon Taylor(#70 S), Kendall Thompkins(#209 WR), Brandon Washington(#4 OG).

Compared to Long Beach Poly of '01:

Darnell Bing(#2 S), Hershel Dennis(#12 HB), Winston Justice(#5 OL), Marcedes Lewis(#1 TE), Maurice Murray(#49 DT), Manuel Wright(#4 DT).

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Alot of you guys are underating De La Salle.They were usually the underdog against teams like Long Beach Polly because they didnt have the talent and yet they still beat those teams for 13 straight years.They have the best coaching in the country and have been able to put out some good talent.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Alot of you guys are underating De La Salle.They were usually the underdog against teams like Long Beach Polly because they didnt have the talent and yet they still beat those teams for 13 straight years.They have the best coaching in the country and have been able to put out some good talent.
To me, De La Salle is just as good as Miami NW when it comes to playing football. But, Miami NW's D-1 talent blows anyone out the water right now.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Smashmouth
Rookie

Smashmouth hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
To me, De La Salle is just as good as Miami NW when it comes to playing football. But, Miami NW's D-1 talent blows anyone out the water right now.
Lakeland of 2006 is the only team that comes to my mind. They had.

Chris Rainey- Florida
John Brown- Florida
Paul Wilson- Florida
Steven Wilks- Florida
Maurkice Pouncey- Florida
Michael Pouncey- Florida
Ahmad Black- Florida
Jordan Corbin- LSU
Jamar Taylor-Alabama

This group of kids won three 5A titles and broke the states consecutive game win streak.
Smashmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

De La Salle has been great, but they play in Northern California. Speaking as someone who lives in Northern California, we do not have nearly the talent of most of southern california. De La Salle doesn't pump out prospects like this year's Miami NW team. De La Salle's winning streak never would have happened if they were in southern california, or any other talent-rich area.
TheMikey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post

Then just this guy, first junior to win the Gatorade national player of the year.
Is that the blondie who is going to USC next year? At least he commited verbally...
Old 02-11-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I remember Watching the Only Nation Championship Ever in HS, you know the one they wrote a book about. I was on the sidelines cause my dad ran Veterans Stadium(LB Poly games) and De La Sale should have lost to LB Poly that game if it wasnt for one WR(not all his fault) that dropped a couple of easy passes. My friend who played on LB Poly and was a freshman for that game said they shouldve won. By far the best HS game ive ever seen also i couldve sworn it was a College game. i couldnt name everyone but damn it was fun to watch
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashmouth View Post
Lakeland of 2006 is the only team that comes to my mind. They had.

Chris Rainey- Florida
John Brown- Florida
Paul Wilson- Florida
Steven Wilks- Florida
Maurkice Pouncey- Florida
Michael Pouncey- Florida
Ahmad Black- Florida
Jordan Corbin- LSU
Jamar Taylor-Alabama

This group of kids won three 5A titles and broke the states consecutive game win streak.
Yeah I saw Lakeland's games, like against STA and stuff. They were ridiculously good, specifically the Rainey, Pouncey, Pouncey trio. I'd probably have them at #2.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Yeah kinda overlooked the Lakeland team knowing damn well about them. I'm an idiot lol. They had some talent and the production to go along with it. I'm with etk on this one.

1. Miami NW '08
2. Lakeland '07
3. Long Beach Poly '01

Old 02-13-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMikey10 View Post
De La Salle has been great, but they play in Northern California. Speaking as someone who lives in Northern California, we do not have nearly the talent of most of southern california. De La Salle doesn't pump out prospects like this year's Miami NW team. De La Salle's winning streak never would have happened if they were in southern california, or any other talent-rich area.
they played teams halfway across the nation on a yearly basis and beat them for 13 years.There streak was finally ended by a team from Washington.theyd probably have a longer winning streak if they had more talent.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long Beach Polly has produced the most NFL players then any other High School

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Ya Boy View Post
I remember Watching the Only Nation Championship Ever in HS, you know the one they wrote a book about. I was on the sidelines cause my dad ran Veterans Stadium(LB Poly games) and De La Sale should have lost to LB Poly that game if it wasnt for one WR(not all his fault) that dropped a couple of easy passes. My friend who played on LB Poly and was a freshman for that game said they shouldve won. By far the best HS game ive ever seen also i couldve sworn it was a College game. i couldnt name everyone but damn it was fun to watch

i heard poly (and the long beach poly 5) got manhandled. and de la salle was composed of mainly white kids.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:38 AM    (permalink
marauder22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
De La Salle has never had the greatest prospects, they a good program and all but talent wise MNW would destroy them
This is so far off it's not even funny

99 DLS

D.J. Williams(Best H.S. player in Cali history, and the defensive player of the year by USA Today in 99. Plays for the Broncos)

Kevin Simon(Rated one of the top LB's in the country in 00, and was an all SEC player, blew out his knee multiple times in college, and was cut by the Redskins in mini camp)

Demetrius Williams( Plays for the Ravens, and was one of the top WR's in the nation in 00)

Matt Gutierrez( One of the top QB's in the nation in 01, was the back up for the Patriots last year, and is currently on the Kansas City Chiefs roster)

Derek Landri(State player of the year in Cali in 01, and one of the most recruited lineman in the country in 01. Currently plays for the Jaguars)

Rob Meadow( Big time offensive lineman recruit, played for the Washington Huskies, and was in the NFL with the Buffalo Bills)

Tosh Tupoi(All state DT, and big time college recruit that went to Cal)

They had more studs, but I can't recall them all. These pop up in my head right now. This is the best H.S. football team I've ever seen.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STA and Byrnes both look great this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf.

delete/ignore.

i didn't realize this was a necrothread.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 10-04-2009 at 01:34 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Dang I remember this thread

Old 10-04-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man. i missed that one.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

It's all good.. You didn't revive it. That damn huskies fan did it hahahaha