Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So mad about Lilga he was high on the Chiefs wish list and would have been a good fit young and a big need I guess they should have never let him get away when he was on our PS.:(
Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Polian works his magic once again.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was prepared to see both guards leave in free agency, to be honest. But Lilja is a good player, I personally like him more than Scott myself. Although Scott offers some versatility in being able to play both right guard and right tackle.

Hopefully it's a good deal, I'm anxious to see the figures.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I was prepared to see both guards leave in free agency, to be honest. But Lilja is a good player, I personally like him more than Scott myself. Although Scott offers some versatility in being able to play both right guard and right tackle.

Hopefully it's a good deal, I'm anxious to see the figures.
How old is Scott and will he get a new deal?
Old 02-19-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess it's time to bring this back:

http://www.thephatphree.com/features...59&SectionID=2

WARNING!! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY LANGUAGE!!

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jakescott...e?id=SCO361183

Jake Scott is 26 right now. He's been a four-year starter and hasn't missed a start since his rookie season. I doubt he'll be back with the Colts, unless he doesn't draw interest on the open market enough to come back to the team.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
http://www.nfl.com/players/jakescott...e?id=SCO361183

Jake Scott is 26 right now. He's been a four-year starter, and has played all 16 games the last three years. I doubt he'll be back with the Colts, unless he doesn't draw interest on the open market enough to come back to the team.
Herm Edwards has said he wants to go after FA's coming off there first deal he doesn't want to go after players that have been on two or three teams or had two or three deals so he would be a great fit. I wanted Lilga but would be happy with Scott RG is a big need if we could get Scott and have Jake Lone fall to us would be a big upgrade on paper for our OL.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings released FS Dwight Smith.

He would've cost the Vikings $3.1 million in 2008 and Brad Childress had enough of Smith's off-field antics. Minnesota's pass defense was also very mediocre last year. Smith may struggle to find a starting job in free agency.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

Texans released LB Shawn Barber.

Houston guaranteed Barber $2.2 million last offseason, and he made no impact. Zach Diles will take over the fourth linebacker role he signed to fill.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...FL&line=112644

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 02-20-2008 at 04:34 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hopefully it's a good deal, I'm anxious to see the figures
If you havent found it yet its a 5 year approximately 20 million dollar deal

Colts signed LG Ryan Lilja to a five-year, $20 million contract.

This likely means RG Jake Scott will hit the free agent market. Lilja, who was undrafted out of K-State in 2004, has started 43 of the Colts' last 50 games. He would've been one of the NFL's richer guards had he hit the open market.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 02-20-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Indianapolis finishes 6-year deal with tight end
Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Seahawks have applied the franchise tag to cornerback Marcus Trufant.......

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I saw that Lilja number, my thoughts on it here. Actually it's now reported as $19M, even better.

Dallas Clark signed to a 6-year deal? Wow.

As for the Seahawks, good to see they stopped being ridiculous and franchised Trufant.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

HAYNESWORTH TAGGED
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs..../80220100/1027

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Corey Williams was franchised and Bubba Franks was cut. Dont have a link this second but seen it on local news ill get a link later .

edit heres a link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 02-20-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Raiders place exclusive franchise tag on CB Asomugha

Sorry if all ready posted this thread is getting long and I post news on more then one site.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears have to tag Berrian. For the love of all that is holy you've got 30 ******* million dollars in cap space!!!

It's not like we're the Bills or something. The team is in freakin' Chicago!!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Bears have to tag Berrian. For the love of all that is holy you've got 30 ******* million dollars in cap space!!!

It's not like we're the Bills or something. The team is in freakin' Chicago!!
I agree they should..But they are running out of time.....who else are you going to tag. You just cut moose with Berrian gone. Who else is there...Hester is not ready to take that role of a #1 or 2 WR IMO

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 02-20-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I think the Bears will franchise Berrian.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I mean....we've got as much cap space as the ******* Dolphins. They don't have three players on their team I could pick out of a lineup.

Letting Briggs go..fine. It's a system that doesn't need elite linebackers. But we've our next most proven receiver behind Berrian is probably Mark Bradley, and he's never had more than 20 catches.

Tight ends are nice, but we've got to have at least one proven receiver.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the Bears will franchise Berrian.
How many obscenities will BF say when the Bears don't franchise Berrian?

Over/Under 25...

I'll take the over.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
How many obscenities will BF say when the Bears don't franchise Berrian?

Over/Under 25...

I'll take the over.
I think I'll just + rep Yoda to write one for me.

Yoda...if you're listening....

Old 02-20-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

By the way, how much does this free agent class now suck? Assuming the Bears tag Berrian and the Pats tag Randy Moss, this would be my top 10.

1) Asante Samuel
2) Lance Briggs
3) Alan Faneca
4) Michael Turner
5) Gibril Wilson
6) Jacob Bell
7) Jeff Faine
8) Flozell Adams
9) Justin Smith
10) Jamal Lewis

Man that is grim...and that's just 10.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And considering there is a 95% chance that Wilson, Adams, and Lewis all resign, then it just makes it that much worse.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

#1 FA: WR Aaron Moorehead

He can be yours, people!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
By the way, how much does this free agent class now suck? Assuming the Bears tag Berrian and the Pats tag Randy Moss, this would be my top 10.

1) Asante Samuel
2) Lance Briggs
3) Alan Faneca
4) Michael Turner
5) Gibril Wilson
6) Jacob Bell
7) Jeff Faine
8) Flozell Adams
9) Justin Smith
10) Jamal Lewis

Man that is grim...and that's just 10.
It goes against the way the Giants work because they don't like using the franchise tag, but if we don't think we are gonna get something worked out, I want to tag Wilson today. I think the safety tag is somewhere from 4-4.5 million. A one year deal for Wilson at that price is worth it to me. Because if we lose him, we now need two new starting safeties.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote