Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
Yeah he wants to play with tarvaris jackson, thats everyones dream.
Ha ha ha ha LMAO

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Because of a rookie contract that included big-money escalators for the final two years of the deal, the Arizona Cardinals face a salary-cap mess in '08 and '09. The money owed to receiver Larry Fitzgerald is directly responsible.

It's a thorny problem for the Cardinals. They owe Fitzgerald $14.592 million this coming season and $17.355 million the next. A long-term extension is possible, but if the guaranteed money is less than $31.947 million (the sum of the salaries he is owed), the Cardinals shouldn't bother. Trading Fitzgerald is another possibility, but who'd want to pick up that contract?

This situation could go in several directions. The only safe bet, given the history of the franchise, is that the Cardinals will find a way to screw it up.

The other 10 bold predictions for the NFL offseason can be rite here. http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=348983

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If I were Fitz, I'd suspend these negotiations two years, a period during which he will be paid 31 million for his services. After that period, he'll be 26 and in for an even bigger pay day. If Arizona wants him, they'll have to pay.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could seriously see him going to the Steelers. Well, I think that'd be the perfect situation. Ben wanted a taller receiver, they probably have something to spare, and that is where he played college ball. If he wouldn't be staying in Arizona, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen for him.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I could seriously see him going to the Steelers. Well, I think that'd be the perfect situation. Ben wanted a taller receiver, they probably have something to spare, and that is where he played college ball. If he wouldn't be staying in Arizona, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen for him.

i can see it for sure...i just cant see what the steelers might offer the cards? although the steelers are said to be moving out of a 3-4 into tomlins cover 2, and the cards are jsut switching into a 3-4. Maybe the steelers ship a couple of key 3-4 pieces over to the cards? who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

casey hampton for fitzgerald? maybe a couple draft picks thrown in
Old 02-09-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needled24_7 View Post
id like to hear form some steelers and cardinals fans on this one...equal value? waddya think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
needled24_7
Rookie

needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.needled24_7 is a cocksman.

i also forgot he played at Pitt so that would make a lil sense.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol those couple of draft picks better be 1st's because we are set at NT with Watson and Branch

Give us James Harrison + a 1st and a 2nd

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
I personally can't see that trade at all. Tomlin is a smart guy im sure he realizes he has one of the top defenses in the league and I beleive he said that he has no plans of switching from a 34. I absolutely love fitzy, he's always the first person i trade for in madded, however, even though he is young and amazing I don't beleive his impact outweighs casey hamptons in comparison. That's just my opinion though, i'd wait for the response of some steeler fans.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He also plays along side Anquan Boldin with a piss poor QB situation.
Piss poor? Kurt Warner had 27 TD passes this year. He is one of the best back ups in the NFL. And Matt Leinart is a top 10 pick.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
Piss poor? Kurt Warner had 27 TD passes this year. He is one of the best back ups in the NFL. And Matt Leinart is a top 10 pick.
I think the jury is still out on leinart, but if warner gets time to throw and doesn't get a case of the fumbles he can put the ball dammn near anywhere on the field that he wants to.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He also threw 17 picks and fumbled 12 times. He's a good backup, that's about it. Matt Leinart being a top 10 pick means nothing at all.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
GDWTheSickness

he would look good in cowboys silver and blue...so would DMAC
Old 02-09-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDWTheSickness View Post
he would look good in cowboys silver and blue...so would DMAC
Everyone looks good in silver and blue to you guys.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

Quote:
He also threw 17 picks and fumbled 12 times. He's a good backup, that's about it.
Nice try at minimizing. Kurt could start on a number of teams AND is a good back up. Such qualities are hardly throwaway attributes like you are implying.

Quote:
Matt Leinart being a top 10 pick means nothing at all.
Actually, it does. He was highly regarded in the draft and has the tools you look for in a franchise signal caller. Hardly 'piss poor'.

So having a back up QB in the top 10 for TD passes and QB rating, in addition to a QBOF is 'piss poor'? That's nothing but hyperbole.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lol those couple of draft picks better be 1st's because we are set at NT with Watson and Branch

Why would the Steelers do that? They have Ward and Santonio Holmes, I dont think they need Fitz so bad that they would have to give up one if their best young lb'ers on the team right now, along with extra picks...They would just draft james hardy or limas sweed, on their end that deal doesnt make much sense, harrison is too young and they dont need a wr that bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Would you take a 1st, 2nd, and Reggie Brown? I would definitely give up that much and maybe more for Fitz.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Would you take a 1st, 2nd, and Reggie Brown? I would definitely give up that much and maybe more for Fitz.
I personally wouldn't, doubt that graves would either unless Fitz starts demanding something like 12 mil a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why would the Steelers do that? They have Ward and Santonio Holmes, I dont think they need Fitz so bad that they would have to give up one if their best young lb'ers on the team right now, along with extra picks...They would just draft james hardy or limas sweed, on their end that deal doesnt make much sense, harrison is too young and they dont need a wr that bad...
I was just responding to a question

Old 02-10-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice try at minimizing. Kurt could start on a number of teams AND is a good back up. Such qualities are hardly throwaway attributes like you are implying.

Actually, it does. He was highly regarded in the draft and has the tools you look for in a franchise signal caller. Hardly 'piss poor'.

So having a back up QB in the top 10 for TD passes and QB rating, in addition to a QBOF is 'piss poor'? That's nothing but hyperbole.

Could start for a few teams and a backup doesn't make someone a "good quaterback" It makes them decent at best.

If he was so highly regarded, why did a team with ties to him in the Titans pass on him for a super-raw quaterback?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Could start for a few teams and a backup doesn't make someone a "good quaterback" It makes them decent at best.

If he was so highly regarded, why did a team with ties to him in the Titans pass on him for a super-raw quaterback?
Because Fisher and Norm Chow didn't have a say in it

Old 02-10-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boldin is set to make 2.5 million this up coming year, so he's going to need a new deal as soon as next off season and that certainly wont be cheap either...He's the captain on the team and I feel like he isnt going anywhere, so unless the Cards can make both wrs top 10 paid wrs in the nfl, then I dont see it working...Boldin deserves his money as well, and with both guys being young, can you afford to pay 30 million per year in your wr corps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:16 AM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

Quote:
So I guess "decent" is a step up over the "piss poor" assesment you gave earlier?

Quote:
So now your disputing what calibur of prospect Matt Leinart was? Wow. You have got to be freakin' kidding me?! He was the top QB prospect in the draft. There is no disputing how he was regarded.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I guess "decent" is a step up over the "piss poor" assesment you gave earlier?

So now your disputing what calibur of prospect Matt Leinart was? Wow. You have got to be freakin' kidding me?! He was the top QB prospect in the draft. There is no disputing how he was regarded.
Who cares what kind of prospect Leinart was your QB play is bottom third in the league until (if) Leinart improves. Those WRs could make David Carr look serviceable.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
RAZERSAINTS
Rookie

RAZERSAINTS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Fitz is going nowhere

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN
RAZERSAINTS is offline   Reply With Quote