Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Football Friendly #4: Packers vs Chiefs

Flynn had a nice opening drive.

Jayrone Elliott continues to make plays, more impressive was he did it against the Chiefs starting RT. He's gotta make the team

- Jumal Rolle has had a good camp and preseason. 2 PD's on back to back plays. He's making a strong case to make the team(can never have enough DB's, especially in today's NFl)

- Janis with a beautiful 33 yard TD. He's also looked comfortable returning punts tonight. He's raw, but he's gotta make the team. They can't hide him on the PS, too talented.

- Tolzien with an impressive TD drive, capped off by a perfect pass on 4th and 3 to Janis. I think he's the #2 QB. CAn't stash him on PS either, he'd get scooped up

- Carl Bradford finally getting game reps at ILB and looks much more comfortable there than at OLB. Made a nice tackle on a 2 yard run and got an assist on another play

Negatives:

- Aaron Adams left with a knee injury, limped to the sidelines, then got carted to the locker room. I can already hear MM saying that he'll "be out a couple of weeks". OL depth continues to take hits

In the end, I think with players like Rolle/Elliott, etc stepping up and earning a roster spot, I think the Pack end up cutting Flynn and keeping just 2 QB's, going with Tolzien.

Last edited by BloodBrother : Yesterday at 07:17 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davante Adams is looking more and more like a player, too. Same with HaHa who had a really really nice hit.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Khyri Thornton limps off the field, then gets carted to the locker room. Hate to sound cruel but...that may be a blessing. Guy has been terrible in camp/preseason and has shown nothing at all. Thing is, teams don't want to give up on a 3rd round pick so soon, so you had to figure he was gonna make the team just bercause of his draft status. With this injury, perhaps the Pack can use it to stash him on the IR, give him another shot next year, all the while getting to keep a better player on the roster this season.
Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Michael Hill won't make the team, but he's looked good all preseason. Hope they can stash him on the PS
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Lot of tough decisions for the Packers. Flynn did his job tonight, though I still think they end up letting him go

Adrian Hubbard, Khyri Thornton(diagnosed as hamstring injury by team), and Nate Palmer all got carted from the sideline to the locker room. Jayrone Elliott took a shot to the ribs it looked like and was in pain, but he later returned
Old Today, 09:06 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like it would be a good idea to stash Hubbard and Thornton on IR if they can. They were able to do so with Rajion Neal which was in a way a stroke of luck because it really didn't sound like his injury was that serious. Apparently IR rules say that it has to be diagnosed as an injury with at least a 6-week recovery to qualify for IR. NFL can do an independent evaluation if they feel there are shenanigans going on but I'm guessing at cutdowns they tend to look the other way unless it is egregious.

Agree on Flynn. Hasn't done anything wrong, but Tolzien has shown enough progress and I don't think they really want to carry three QBs.
Old Today, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think there's any way we don't keep Flynn. He's just more reliable. He won games for us last year and he certainly doesn't look worse this year.

Tolzien is still a project. He should have had two INTs last night. He is quite inconsistent.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I don't think there's any way we don't keep Flynn. He's just more reliable. He won games for us last year and he certainly doesn't look worse this year.

Tolzien is still a project. He should have had two INTs last night. He is quite inconsistent.
I totally agree Flynn will be the back up
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well initial word on Thornton is that his hamstring injury will keep him out "at least a couple of weeks". More tests today

Dude's gonna be IR'ed, which is great. Didn't play well enough to make the team, but too early to give up on a 3rd round pick. This allows them to stash him for a year and pray he shows some improvement/growth in yr2. I didn't like the pick during the draft, and his preseason sure didn't change that