Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-13-2015, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC Championship Game - Packers @ Seahawks

I think if you went back to preseason, this would have been the likely prediction amongst people regarding who would be fighting for a SB berth

In the first meeting, GB kept it tight in the first half but then the wheels fell off. Safety and the INT put the game out of reach. Run D was atrocious as Seattle ran for over 200 yards on them

Both teams are different, both playing great the last half of the year.

Some changes this time around

- No Harvin. He killed GB with over 40 yards rushing and led SEA WR's with 7 rec for 59 yards
- No Mebane on that Seattle DL
- Sherrod had to replace an injured Bulaga early and it was a disaster obviously
- Emergence/growth from the rookies. Linsley at Center, Rodgers at TE, and Adams at WR
-Guion's level of play improved dramatically after the first month of the season. Missing all of camp left him out of game shape and it showed the first few weeks
- Hawk and Brad Jones started at ILB in Week 1 and played a significant number of snaps(110 snaps combined). That has changed drastically ever since the Bye, with both players barely seeing the field any more. Hawk played just 18 snaps and Brad Jones played just 8(still managed to have a terrible penalty to extend a drive...man he sucks) last week vs Dallas.

Seattle meanwhile has had Luke Willson emerge, and he's been a nice weapon for them down the stretch. He was a non-factor in Week 1 but will have to be accounted for this time around

If Rodgers was 100%, I'd like GB's chances more. I still like their chances, but I think Seattle wins. I think it will be a close game and ultimately I trust Seattle's D to get the stops when they need to
Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It feels strange and quite nice going into a game knowing that the worst that can happen is your expectations being met.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in Seattle. The cockiness over this team, all from "fans" who have only emerged over the last two years, is ridiculous. Terrible fan base here, only pay attention when the Seahawks are winning.

It's going to be interesting. If we can get up and get them passing we'll win the game. If they can run on us all day we'll lose.

The key with that defense is to get them out of their base packages. They thrive when they can stick to cover 3 and no blitzing. They're not nearly as good when they have to use sub packages. We've gotta be able to run and pass protect against those front 4; that's how they've been beat. Win the line of scrimmage, which is doable considering their o and d lines aren't amazing, and you can beat them.

Will we do that? I'm not very confident in it

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:38 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle is a great team, but last year's team was better than this year's version. They can be beat

Likely have to hold them to no more than 20 points at most to have a chance of pulling it out
Old 01-17-2015, 04:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're less than 24 hours away!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordy's hands do not even look close to what they were in the regular season.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to PUKE.

I can't- I can't even take solace with how long the team hung in there. Because I have to live with the fact that the team blew a 16-point lead and that the Defense was truly as pathetic as advertised and that they could generate five turnovers and STILL get curbstomped in the end.

So what, the offense lays eggs at the worst possible moments, the defense folds like a house of cards, and I'm supposed to look at the 12-4 and progression to the Conference Championship and think that THIS TEAM DOESN'T NEED A REHAUL OF SOME KIND?!

I think we've proven that the Capers D is worthless if it can't generate turnovers and that oddly enough, the Offense is actually overrated. It can't generate anything against a Top 15 Defense. That's right- Top 15. Rush four, blanket coverage deep, let McCarthy HANG HIMSELF.

Forget that it's against Seattle AT Seattle. There's nothing about this worth accepting, period.

...this is one time I wish I drank, sincerely.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Game ball goes to McCarthy.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.Packystan could make a wolverine purr.

Good thing he took those points in the 1st quarter..
Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

a complete choke, period

outplayed Seattle for 55 minutes and then they tucked their dicks and got owned

Bostick is so ****** useless to
Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense wasn't good at the end, but there is no way you can blame them for this loss. They played out of their minds in the first half. Forcing 5 turnovers and allowing 22 points in regulation should be more than enough to win.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an awful game. We had multiple chances to guarantee victory and stupid mistakes cost us.

If Burnett had actually returned his INT...If Bostick could catch...If Clinton-Dix doesn't stand and watch Willson catch a 2pt conversion...

Embarrassing.

And yep, this isn't on the defense. Even if they were completely useless for the last 5 minutes and overtime.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The conservative approach in the second half was unacceptable.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Why does Bostick even go after the ball when Jordy was right behind him ready to recover the kick? Why every time we are on the goal line, we try and cram Kuhn off Center when we have Lacy? Russell doesn't even know how he completed that 2 point conversion. Why not test a one armed Richard Sherman at all? Why was AJ Hawk on the field? Ask b!tch ass Mike McCarthy.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:15 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packystan View Post
Why does Bostick even go after the ball when Jordy was right behind him ready to recover the kick? Why every time we are on the goal line, we try and cram Kuhn off Center when we have Lacy? Russell doesn't even know how he completed that 2 point conversion. Why not test a one armed Richard Sherman at all? Why was AJ Hawk on the field? Ask b!tch ass Mike McCarthy.
You can't assume somebody else is going to make a play on an onside kick. He had the best chance to recover it and it was a no brainer to go for the ball. Just a pathetic attempt to hold onto it.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

team didnt finish

got soft at the end and it burned them. Embarrassing to see really. MM went Sherman mode at the end and the defense collapsed at the worst possible time

ST's sucks so much. FIx that unit this ofseason asap. 2 horrible gaffes that killed them today
Old 01-18-2015, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
You can't assume somebody else is going to make a play on an onside kick. He had the best chance to recover it and it was a no brainer to go for the ball. Just a pathetic attempt to hold onto it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobDemovs...65804143431682

It clearly looked on the replay that Bostick's job was to be a blocker for the guys with hands behind him. Jordy was literally RIGHT behind him, and would have had a much easier play on the ball had Bostick just blocked the oncoming defender (who recovered the ball). Instead, he tried to make what would have been his only play of the game. He knew he ****** up.

Last edited by Packystan : 01-18-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Packystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

bostick sucks and this ST sucks

but the entire team **** the bed at the end. There is no way you can allow that comeback. MM went soft as **** with the offense's last possession....D gave up big play after big play

IDK wtf the team turned into at teh end there. Ugly, ugly loss

force 5 turnovers and lead by 12 with under 4 minutes to go. Takes a lot to blow that. Job well done by the Pack
Old 01-18-2015, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well. Living in Seattle is not fun. We now are the greatest choke artists ever.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

Winston Moss could have managed that game better than McCarthy's sorry ass.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

How did morgan Burnett not return his int? What was he thinking? How did we intercept the ball up 19-7 with 5 minutes left and lose? How is that even possible?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Packystan
Rookie

He stopped running because HE thought it was over. Didn't want to have a foolish fumble. If he returns it, we're in field goal range at the very least, and there's your dagger. Disappointing.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

entire team and coaching staff went into pusscake mode at end thinking they had it won

cannot have that in playoff games. MM reminded me of Mike Sherman with his conservative weak ass decision making today. Discouraging to see

Still, in the end, there was like 8-9 ****** plays where if they JUST make the play, game is likely over. They failed each and every time with it
Old 01-18-2015, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
entire team and coaching staff went into pusscake mode at end thinking they had it won

cannot have that in playoff games. MM reminded me of Mike Sherman with his conservative weak ass decision making today. Discouraging to see

Still, in the end, there was like 8-9 ****** plays where if they JUST make the play, game is likely over. They failed each and every time with it
Thought you guys had it to be honest. Pretty much starting with the fake fg you were getting the feeling that they were just trying to hold on.

Not trying to be a jerk but you want to be a champion you go out there and make plays. Just the fact that they didn't go after a crippled Sherman was about all you needed to know.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vandermouse nailed it. Packers played not to lose in the 4th quarter and it bit them in the ass.