Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Just found this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Thats what I would do. With the money you save, you can address other needs. Youre set at LB, maybe a ballhawk FS can be in the works for round 1.

If all else fails, you can let go KGB and draft a stud in round 1.
Nick Collins is playing FS you wanna replace him already? no we need a stud SS. Or we could move Collins to corner but that would waste his hitting ability and athleticism to roam the whole field. He was the guy containing Reggie Bush when we played the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay
KGB is inconsistent and overrated IMO. Kampman is a much better DE.
Yeah Kamp is one of the most complete DE's in the game. But I think on the right side you can sorta get away with what KGB does, he added muscle pounds in the offseason to help him and he is playing the run better, also based on our Yards Per Carry (rush defense) and Sack production from the D-Line, our D-Line is probably the strength of our team so far.
If by complete, you mean completely average, I agree.
From October
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...t=nick+collins
Oh that's nasty.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:16 AM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Favre is comming back

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall
a little late, but obviously great news

i heard on the radio (so I'm not sure if this is true) that McCarthy had given Favre a deadline of the Superbowl to make his decision.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Rob331
Rookie

Rob331 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would'nt give up more than a 5th rounder for the malcontent.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall
a little late, but obviously great news

i heard on the radio (so I'm not sure if this is true) that McCarthy had given Favre a deadline of the Superbowl to make his decision.
Sports center said it was TT said that the superbowl was his deadline
Old 02-03-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also disagree with the premise that you aren't a fan of football if you aren't happy to see Favre back. Personally I think it's so insignificant. I certainly can appreciate Favre's career as a whole, but at this point he's just an old, mediocre Quarterback that has thrown more interceptions (45) than touchdowns the last two seasons and has a QB rating which hovers around the mendoza line. People that say "half the league would want him as their QB" don't have a clue what they're talking about. You're holding onto a memory of what Favre was not what he is. If you look at it objectively, Rex Grossman will pass Favre as the best QB in the North next season, if he hasn't already. And that sure as hell ain't saying much.
Wow. :roll:

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
I also disagree with the premise that you aren't a fan of football if you aren't happy to see Favre back. Personally I think it's so insignificant. I certainly can appreciate Favre's career as a whole, but at this point he's just an old, mediocre Quarterback that has thrown more interceptions (45) than touchdowns the last two seasons and has a QB rating which hovers around the mendoza line. People that say "half the league would want him as their QB" don't have a clue what they're talking about. You're holding onto a memory of what Favre was not what he is. If you look at it objectively, Rex Grossman will pass Favre as the best QB in the North next season, if he hasn't already. And that sure as hell ain't saying much.
ya im going to say that is probably the stupidest thing ive ever heard you say.

What evidence gives you any reason to think this way?

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:
Quote:

Well, there goes bearsfan_51's credibility!
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The comment about kampman didn't do anything for you?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I tend to ignore blatant stupidity for the most part, but that pretty much begged to be commented on.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The comment about kampman didn't do anything for you?
yeah anything he says you can't take seriously.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are funny.

Obviously I was wrong about Kampman (I'd love to find any of you that predicted he would have 15+ sacks) but I've also been the lone voice on a lot of things when you guys wanted to lather each other's nutsacks in homerism.

-"Ben Taylor will be a fine starting OLB"

-"The NFC North will be a wide open division"

-"The Bears are going to choke just like they did in 2001"

-"Rex Grossman is going to get hurt for the season again"

-"Bubba Franks is still a top ten TE when healthy"

So give me a break about credibility, please.

As for the Grossman comment, I really don't see the big deal. Grossman had a just as good if not better season statistically and got his team to the Superbowl? What did Favre do other than make erectile disfunction commercials? I know it's heresy to say ANYTHING bad about Favre to you guys but seriously, get a grip. He's certainly not going to be better next year in his 17th season in the league and Grossman is only going to get better after leading his team to the Superbowl in his first full season as a starter. It might not sound palatable to your ears, but it's pretty plain as day to me. And I don't even like Grossman.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

BF i also remeber you saying Greg Jennings would be nothing special either. Have you changed your mind on that one too?

they get smoked.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow you are such a ******* dumbass. get out of our thread you homer, you have zero credibility. Ben Taylor kicks ass, Franks will return to atleast a top 12 TE next season, and the Packers have a much better chance than the Bears to win the North.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Sooo is anyone going to be happy with the outcome of this superbowl unless manning gets hurt on the first play and Sorgie leads them to victory?

they get smoked.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BF i also remeber you saying Greg Jennins would be nothing special either. Have you changed your mind on that one too?
I don't remember saying that, but I may have. If so yeah I've definately changed my mind. I may have as early as the 2nd week of the preseason as I remember being high on him for quite a while. If anything that was likely a post-draft comment.

I also said Devin Hester was a bad pick....so it's not a matter of being a homer.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Wow you are such a *********** dumbass. get out of our thread you homer, you have zero credibility. Ben Taylor kicks ass, Franks will return to atleast a top 12 TE next season, and the Packers have a much better chance than the Bears to win the North.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
BF i also remeber you saying Greg Jennins would be nothing special either. Have you changed your mind on that one too?
I don't remember saying that, but I may have. If so yeah I've definately changed my mind. I may have as early as the 2nd week of the preseason as I remember being high on him for quite a while. If anything that was likely a post-draft comment.

I also said Devin Hester was a bad pick....so it's not a matter of being a homer.
I don't think anyone saw Hester comming. But yeah you did say that, i remember it pretty well.

they get smoked.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think anyone saw Hester comming. But yeah you did say that, i remember it pretty well.
Well if I did I'm sure my stalker ny129013098431 will pull it up.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was high on Hester, but in no way did I think he was worthy of a second rounder. I would have loved the Packers to take him in the third or later.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Come on now. You're reaching on those.

Hitman D

Old 02-03-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Both were said by numerous peoples. The Taylor one was almost a consensus.

I also said you guys were overrating Marquand Manuel based off of less than one season of play.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Quote:

You guys are funny.

Obviously I was wrong about Kampman (I'd love to find any of you that predicted he would have 15+ sacks) but I've also been the lone voice on a lot of things when you guys wanted to lather each other's nutsacks in homerism.

-"The NFC North will be a wide open division"

-"The Bears are going to choke just like they did in 2001"

-"Rex Grossman is going to get hurt for the season again"

So give me a break about credibility, please.

As for the Grossman comment, I really don't see the big deal. Grossman had a just as good if not better season statistically and got his team to the Superbowl? What did Favre do other than make erectile disfunction commercials? I know it's heresy to say ANYTHING bad about Favre to you guys but seriously, get a grip. He's certainly not going to be better next year in his 17th season in the league and Grossman is only going to get better after leading his team to the Superbowl in his first full season as a starter. It might not sound palatable to your ears, but it's pretty plain as day to me. And I don't even like Grossman.
I never said any of those, but that doesn't change the fact that you have zero-credibility and need to stop trying to start flamewars in our threads with comments you know are going to evoke responses.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I also said you guys were overrating Marquand Manuel based off of less than one season of play.
yeah what packer fans didn't realize was that manuel had recently turned into a butt pirate, man i hate manuel.

they get smoked.

Old 02-03-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I overrated Manuel, but I, personally, hated Taylor.

Hitman D