Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that WAS very misleading title.

I didn't say Grossman is the better QB. I said he had a better year this year (which he did) and would have a better year next year. The entire way you structured the question was completely biased.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

I didn't say Grossman is the better QB. I said he had a better year this year (which he did) and would have a better year next year. The entire way you structured the question was completely biased.
Quit triple posting, and I don't care if you're known more on an internet message board than me. Congratulations, your parents must be very proud of you.

Nobody has personally attacked you, until you said people had boyfriends and that we were out of touch with our "God" when we said Favre would be better than Rex Grossman next year.

You were proven wrong in the vote.

And for my fellow Packers fans, this guy has insulted us and our love for our team plenty, you need to watch who you're endorsing.

Thanks.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

aic4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Quote:

Quit triple posting, and I don't care if you're known more on an internet message board than me. Congratulations, your parents must be very proud of you.

Nobody has personally attacked you, until you said people had boyfriends and that we were out of touch with our "God" when we said Favre would be better than Rex Grossman next year.

And for my fellow Packers fans, this guy has insulted us and our love for our team plenty, you need to watch who you're endorsing.

Thanks.
WOW...man your horse is high...how about you come back down to Earth with the rest of us...hes just busting chops because hes got to defend the fact that his team can never win a championship with Grossman at QB...stop crying like a little girl and take a shot back. You make us all look like weak little pansies that cant take a joke.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi
aic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aic4ever
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
WOW...man your horse is high...how about you come back down to Earth with the rest of us...hes just busting chops because hes got to defend the fact that his team can never win a championship with Grossman at QB...stop crying like a little girl and take a shot back. You make us all look like weak little pansies that cant take a joke.
I did take a shot at him. You can read that a few pages ago. I was defending the team. Yeah. Maybe you need to check yourself, buddy.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
I did take a shot at him. You can read that a few pages ago. I was defending the team. Yeah. Maybe you need to check yourself, buddy.
I need to check nothing, double J, Im taking it upon myself to call out you and anybody else on the Packer thread that wants to whine about 51 being an idiot for the sake of being sarcastic. You and everyone else need to quit whining about as good a poster as 51 needling people on this thread. Take shots back. Theres no reason to attempt to call him out on it, as if that would possibly make any difference. The point is that its humorous and fun, not that anyones out to be after anyone or p*ss people off. Its much more fun to pop over into the Bears thread and needle them back. If enough people start, and keep whining, the mods are going to just shut sh*t down and then its no fun anymore.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-05-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
He actually isn't a bad poster when it comes to anything but the packers. He even isn't too bad of a homer when talking about the bears. But as soon as the Packers come in, his common sense goes out the window. I actually quite enjoy most of his posts that aren't on the Packer board.
His knowledge on the Packers is better than some of the Packer fans I've seen on here.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow the last few pages has been crap, sorry if ive added to any of it. as far a favre vs. grossman, i think the bears would have rather had favre starting for their team if they had to pick from quarterbacks on the packers and bears roster. steve young says he thinks brett is the best ever. he said it on national TV, its not like very few people think favre is good. for those who say favre should have hung it up, he is a much better quarterback than anyone else on our roster so it is better that he is still around.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said about 15 pages back, I used to come on here all the time to talk about the packers. Now it's just a bunch of people arguing. What are you accomplishing going back and forth on internet posting? making yourself look tough? no. shut the hell up and talk about Green Bay, Brett Favre, next season, the draft, the offseason, ANYTHING...my god. :x

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahvRay
Quote:
Sorry to insult your boyfriend, but as far as common sense goes don't you find it odd that only Packers fans and Sean Salisbury still think Favre is a top NFL QB? Make a thread in the NFL thread about whether Grossman or Favre will have a better season next year. You might be suprised at the outcome. But whatever...most of you guys are so completely hopeless and out to lunch when it comes to your "God" that it wouldn't matter anyway.
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=34920

Nope, exactly how I figured it would be.
You shouldn't bothered, that guy has no credibility at all, of course he's going to be wrong about nearly everything pertaining to common sense.
surprised he hasn't brought up his little ******** phd yet. He's kinda like the guy everyone thought was cool but then once we all got a brain we realized how we were dead wrong.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is getting pathetic.....SOOOOOOOOO how bout the Packers drafting Laron landry. Maybe we address RB in free agency or put it off another year, or maybe Lynch is flat out gone. I like Lynch and try not to get my heart set on one guy cuz I have no control over it. I got faith TT will do the right thing. The draft is his strength as a GM.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
badgerfan
Rookie

badgerfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is getting way out of control. Bears fans should stay out of our thread and packers fans should stay out of theirs. This is what a team thread is for. O, and the comment about knowing more about football than some Packer fans was i little too much. Everyone one here should agree that the people who post on these forums are not your average arm chair quarterbacks. I never played football. I ran track and cross country. But i am a diehard Football fan, not just a packer fan. You may not agree with what people say but keep the "idiot", "moron", and "stupid" comments out of it. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Bearsfan 51: I don't agree with you posting crap about the packers on our thread (unless some packer fan pulled that crap in your forum,) but I do respect your thoughts and insight on subjects outside of the bears and packers. You have some very valid points that I ofton agree with. I just want to say that i agree to disagree with you on some or most subjects about our teams. I apologize if i upset anyone. I can't wait until the combine.
badgerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Said Thompson [about Vince Young's supposed score of 6 on the wonderlic]: "I was told by someone that knows that it was categorically a lie and they were going to make some sort of public statement. There's people that are going to get in trouble about spreading things like that."
Quote:
"I think you have to take the best player available when you're picking that high," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said with no hesitation Friday during a news briefing at the NFL scouting combine.
Quote:
"My initial reaction was I'll be glad not to have to play against him twice a year," Thompson answered. "But at the same time, I'm sure the Vikings looked at it as a trade of value and they have an outstanding personnel department and I'm sure the value they got - in draft choices and Napoleon Harris - I'm sure they will try to improve their team."
Quote:
"The draft - I've always felt like - should be viewed more in a long-term point of view, that it's a long-term investment in a player that you want with your team for the long-term," he stated. "But having said that, every team goes into free agency and the draft with particular areas that they would like to address. So you would like for the board to fall a certain way, but I think historically if you stick with value, you'll make a better investment for the long term."

The Randy Moss comment is interesting -- it tells me what he thinks of Moss as a player. I'm beginning to think he may give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him, his comments make it seem he thinks they could've done better. But again, he still loves the draft. Either way, we're going to a. get Moss, or b. get a good, young player. With Ted, it's a win-win situation, which is why I really like him.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
wow the last few pages has been crap, sorry if ive added to any of it. as far a favre vs. grossman, i think the bears would have rather had favre starting for their team if they had to pick from quarterbacks on the packers and bears roster. steve young says he thinks brett is the best ever. he said it on national TV, its not like very few people think favre is good. for those who say favre should have hung it up, he is a much better quarterback than anyone else on our roster so it is better that he is still around.
See, this is what should be common knowledge. But the arguement understandably so, always seems to turn to the "future." And with Rex being 20 something, and god being 37, Rex
wins.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the thought of getting Laron landry. Lynch would be a sweet addition too. I think it all depends on the what happens before then. Is there really a chance the pack get Moss? I know it's been discussed to death, but I wonder how real this is. Any chance the Pack trade down??
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

Actually, now that I look AT IT, it's kinda funny. This is what Packer Bear rivalry is all about. Feels like Im back home in Kenosha agian.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick
I like the thought of getting Laron landry. Lynch would be a sweet addition too. I think it all depends on the what happens before then. Is there really a chance the pack get Moss? I know it's been discussed to death, but I wonder how real this is. Any chance the Pack trade down??
Trading down is always a possibility, but it's less likely this year for the following reason: our needs are getting smaller. Last year, there were glaring needs for a LB (Hawk), two guards (Colledge and Spitz), and WR (Jennings and Rodgers), to go along with moderate needs for more LB depth (Hodge), O-line depth (Moll), and secondary depth (Blackmon and Culver).

This year our glaring needs are: RB and TE. Moderate needs are: S, WR, return man, and secondary depth. We've reached a point where quality is trumping quantity.

The o-line is in place for the next 3 or 4 years (7 or 8 on the interior), LB is more or less set, QB is not an issue this year, our CBs are aging but competent for the next 1 to 3 years, the D-line is the strength of the team, and the two starting WR spots are covered sufficiently for the next couple years. It remains possible that Underwood or Culver can take the S spot from Manuel, but that is not certain.

But with Thompson, as has been stated by myself and others, he values players far differently than other GMs, and can land his man with a later choice -- hence the trade-downs. I expect 2 or 3 in '07.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ny, very good info. Definitely makes sense. Who would you draft?

As for the Defense, thoughts on KGB? And do we like Jenkins comin off the edge? I think DE is a need as well. And a return man could be used. Robinson comes back in week 2 or three right? He's got to stay clean too.
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwkick
Ny, very good info. Definitely makes sense. Who would you draft?

As for the Defense, thoughts on KGB? And do we like Jenkins comin off the edge? I think DE is a need as well. And a return man could be used. Robinson comes back in week 2 or three right? He's got to stay clean too.
Jenkins had three sacks in non pass rushing situations in the Vikings game...granted it was against a raw rookie QB and a less than stellar o line, but still...he has got the tools to be a first through third down force. Ive mentioned it before but he feels a lot to me like hes got about a 50% chance of being Cletidus Hunt, round two. KGB could still be a factor on pass rushing downs, but I cant see him being effective too much more beyond that. We did draft Jason Hunter last season to groom him into being exactly that...a situational pass rusher. I cant really see DE being a major priority this offseason. I could see DE and DT being addresses with some project type guys in the later rounds.

-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, most of you dudes are cool, thanks for showing some objectivity. Here's your thread back. Sorry for the ruckus.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

Quote:
Like I said, most of you dudes are cool, thanks for showing some objectivity. Here's your thread back. Sorry for the ruckus.
Youre welcome. Good day Mr. Phelps

-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-05-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

Yeah it's all good bearfan.

My thoughts on the whole Moss thing is if we talk about it enough, maybe just maybe it will come true.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in another thread. When the thread doesn't have to do with the packers, bf51 is one of the posters I respect most on the board. He is even objective when talking about the bears. But whenever the packers are involved he lets his homer get the best of him and can never say anything good about the packers. Which is understandable, I can't say anything good about the bears(other than about urlacher) and I definitely cant say anything good about the vikings. Unfortunately Romo is slowly changing my mind about the evil cowboys.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

Quote:
Like I said in another thread. When the thread doesn't have to do with the packers, bf51 is one of the posters I respect most on the board. He is even objective when talking about the bears. But whenever the packers are involved he lets his homer get the best of him and can never say anything good about the packers. Which is understandable, I can't say anything good about the bears(other than about urlacher) and I definitely cant say anything good about the vikings. Unfortunately Romo is slowly changing my mind about the evil cowboys.
Romo sucks. Hes going to be emotionally scarred for the rest of his career like his name was Robert Ferguson after that botched hold.

-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-05-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

I would draft Okoye if available (BPA philosophy), he would make our D-Line one of the best in the NFL.

My big board of players who could reasonably be available:
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Michael Griffin
8. Darrelle Revis
9. Sidney Rice
10. Robery Meachem

For Round 2:
1. Kenny Irons
2. Zach Miller
3. Greg Olsen
4. Tony Hunt
5. Michael Bush
6. Anthony Gonzalez
Old 02-05-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Romo sucks. Hes going to be emotionally scarred for the rest of his career like his name was Robert Ferguson after that botched hold.
He just plays so much like Brett Favre I can't help but like him.