Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2007, 11:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
I would draft Okoye if available (BPA philosophy), he would make our D-Line one of the best in the NFL.

My big board of players who could reasonably be available:
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Michael Griffin
8. Darrelle Revis
9. Sidney Rice
10. Robery Meachem

For Round 2:
1. Kenny Irons
2. Zach Miller
3. Greg Olsen
4. Tony Hunt
5. Michael Bush
6. Anthony Gonzalez
I too am having second thoughts about the first round pick. I'm not going to argue Lynch, but going somewhere else might be better. I have been one of the Okoye to Green Bay promoters and he would certainly have a great effect on our Defense. Okoye and Lynch ar tied for me right now, if I absolutely had to choose it'd be Lynch but they are about even. Then it's Jarret, of course if we do get Moss that would change. Landry would be next, but I haven't really wanted a safety since November. I really don't like Nelson. If all the players I mentiones are gone I hope we trade down a bit for Griffen.

In the second I want a TE. Miller would be my first choice, but I'd be fine with Olsen. I'm not liking Irons too much, and I really don't like Hunt, but If we don't take Lynch Bush would be ok.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Green Bay Packers
Co-GMs: GB12, javon favre, Jim Jim, someone 447
Assistant GMs: princefielder28, Jackalope
Old 02-06-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Alright, Ward said that we need to have roles for each poster since there are so many of us.

princefielder28-Deffensive scout; Scouts deffensive players in the draft and FA

jackalope-Offensive scout; same as above only with offense

Jim Jim-Deffensive Coordinator; Focuses on what to do on defense to improve our team. Gives instructions to the DS.

Someone447-Offensive coordinator; same as above only with offense

javon favre-Head coordinator; has both coordinator responsibilities

GB12-Head coach; makes sure everything is running smoothly, gives suggestions to coordinators, organize

We will all be involved in this, If you were listed as a CoGM you will have a little more say, but assistants will have a say aswell.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, sweet. Lets start talking about what we want to target. TE is a huge need. I will have to do more research into who is available in Free Agency. But for the draft, I would really prefer a safety first round. Imagine LaRon Landry, Nick Collins, Al Harris, and Charles Woodson. That would be a fearsome defensive backfield. The second round I would like one of the top 2 TEs. If Johnnie Lee Higgins is available at our 3rd pick, I would really like him. He will be a very good receiver in this league, not to mention he will instantly help our return game.

What are you guys looking for in this offseason. I don't see running back as a first round need, the ZBS doesn't require that. I would like to pick up Gary Russell in the late rounds or as a free agent.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerfan
This is getting way out of control. Bears fans should stay out of our thread and packers fans should stay out of theirs. This is what a team thread is for. O, and the comment about knowing more about football than some Packer fans was i little too much. Everyone one here should agree that the people who post on these forums are not your average arm chair quarterbacks. I never played football. I ran track and cross country. But i am a diehard Football fan, not just a packer fan. You may not agree with what people say but keep the "idiot", "moron", and "stupid" comments out of it. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Bearsfan 51: I don't agree with you posting crap about the packers on our thread (unless some packer fan pulled that crap in your forum,) but I do respect your thoughts and insight on subjects outside of the bears and packers. You have some very valid points that I ofton agree with. I just want to say that i agree to disagree with you on some or most subjects about our teams. I apologize if i upset anyone. I can't wait until the combine.
Yea I'm starting to get that feeling too unforunately. I actually like most of the cheeseheads on this forum. I mean 4pA is my long lost brother.

I think as a truce for at least a week we stay out of each other's threads and led the water cool down a bit. I love talking smack with you guys for fun, but it's gotten out of hand multiple times in the past year.

Oh and btw your GM team doesn't hold a candle to ours. Suck mediocrity bitches!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Alright, sweet. Lets start talking about what we want to target. TE is a huge need. I will have to do more research into who is available in Free Agency. But for the draft, I would really prefer a safety first round. Imagine LaRon Landry, Nick Collins, Al Harris, and Charles Woodson. That would be a fearsome defensive backfield. The second round I would like one of the top 2 TEs. If Johnnie Lee Higgins is available at our 3rd pick, I would really like him. He will be a very good receiver in this league, not to mention he will instantly help our return game.

What are you guys looking for in this offseason. I don't see running back as a first round need, the ZBS doesn't require that. I would like to pick up Gary Russell in the late rounds or as a free agent.
In the second round if one of the TEs is there and we didn't do anything through FA we're taking one. I don't think anyone will disagree with that. ZBS doesn't require a stud RB, but I think Lynch is the perfect fit for the scheme and should really excel in it. As I stated eearlier though, I'm not completely set on him. However, I'm probably against safety in the first more than anyone in this thread. Depending on who's been taken it might be the best option, but it's not my first choice. I like Landry and think he would be good use of the first, but am absolutely against Nelson.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I don't really want nelson unless it is with a trade down. My top 3 in the first round has got to be Landry, Okoye, then Lynch.

Hey, last time we did one of these, we had arguably the best offseason of any team, and I was a co-gm.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I would rather trade down to get Griffin than Nelson.

Do you have AIM?
Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

ztpick10, I am on quite a bit. Hopefully it will cut down between the times of 2-5 starting next week. Monday is when I tryout for UTEP again. If I make it I wont be available between 9:00-12:30 and 2:00-5:00 mountain time. But you will all know where I stand on everything well before we have to make any sort of sudden decisions.

Does anyone have a list of free agents? That is what we should concentrate on first. We are resigning Cullen Jenkins, I assume?

I think we should start talking to teams about trading down in the first. We need depth at a lot of positions, and the difference in players between 16-25 aren't that great. If a team below us wants a running back, we might be able to get quite a bit if Lynch is still there at our pick.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No saftey in the first please. Underwood will be a stud. 8)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
No saftey in the first please. Underwood will be a stud. 8)
i agree with that. i really like Underwood and i think he will have no problem with a starting role.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

I think Landry is going to be a tremendous safety. We have no real first down needs(at least at positions where people will be available.) Too bad there isn't a first round worthy TE.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Lets talk to the raiders about Moss. I say we offer a 3rd and Ferguson and no higher though.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

okay let me revise my previous statement. if the bears could have chosen a quarterback off thiers or the packers roster to start the super bowl against the colts last sunday, it would be favre. no question.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Lets talk to the raiders about Moss. I say we offer a 3rd and Ferguson and no higher though.
Our 1st for moss and there second, then we would hav 2 seconds where we could get Greg Olsen and Griffin or take a chance on brandon meriweather, this way we take care of our 3 biggest needs TE,S,WR.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4
Quote:
Our 1st for moss and there second, then we would hav 2 seconds where we could get Greg Olsen and Griffin or take a chance on brandon meriweather, this way we take care of our 3 biggest needs TE,S,WR.
Thats not a bad idea but im still not sold on Moss, on another note does anyone know if Adrian Wilson is gonna go into FA, Cause if he does i want him in a packer uni. Hes is a stud SS and could give us one of the best Secondaries in the NFL.

EDIT: NVM i guess he signed a 5 year contract a couple years back... Madden always throws me off on FA's
Old 02-06-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just found an article with TT saying hes not that intrested in FA and did not promise Favre that he would sign any big name FA to get him to come back

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...nfl&id=2753192

PS. Sorry if someone already posted this
Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
ztpick10, I am on quite a bit. Hopefully it will cut down between the times of 2-5 starting next week. Monday is when I tryout for UTEP again. If I make it I wont be available between 9:00-12:30 and 2:00-5:00 mountain time. But you will all know where I stand on everything well before we have to make any sort of sudden decisions.

Does anyone have a list of free agents? That is what we should concentrate on first. We are resigning Cullen Jenkins, I assume?

I think we should start talking to teams about trading down in the first. We need depth at a lot of positions, and the difference in players between 16-25 aren't that great. If a team below us wants a running back, we might be able to get quite a bit if Lynch is still there at our pick.
The list of FAs is posted in the Fantasy section. We are for sure resigning Jenkins. We should sign him at $1.552 million so if anyone wants to take him they would have to give up a first rounder.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why talk about moss so much? Nothing is going to change for months most likely besides more spectulation.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Well, I was talking about our fantasy offseason, that we should start talking to the raiders to trade for moss. I do not want to give up our first round pick for him.

For all of the GMs:
How much are you guys willing to give up for Moss?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Well, I was talking about our fantasy offseason, that we should start talking to the raiders to trade for moss. I do not want to give up our first round pick for him.

For all of the GMs:
How much are you guys willing to give up for Moss?
There is no way we give up our first. If it involved our second it would have to be a very good deal for us. In the last one javon and I got Moss and Starks for a 3rd and 4th. I don't really want to give up picks though, so I don't know if we should even go after him. It's worth a try, but I don't want to give up a lot.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I think Moss would be solid for a 3rd and Fergie, but I don't think TT will give up a 1st or 2nd to get him unless he does it on draft day.

TT could trade down to the mid-20's get another 2nd and maybe a 5th and send fergie packing keeping the 3rd round pick.

Briggs will probably be tagged by the Bears and that means Cato June's price will go up so I don't know if TT will want to spend the money.

TT has to have something big up his sleeve. Almost 30 million to work with I'd be very surprised if he doesn't if he doesn't do something big in FA.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Ok, I got a PM from Windy about Moss. No offer yet just saying he's interested in discussing.

I also got this
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
If you want my input on something just send me a private messgae or my AIM address is: princefielder28
Old 02-06-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't want Moss at all, but i'm not gonna fight you guys on this. i wouldn't want to give up more than a 3rd and Fergi though.

we also definitely need to resign Cullen Jenkins.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Ya, I don't want to give up any more than a 3rd and Ferguson. We need a TE much more than we need another receiver. If we give up our second round pick that would mean we aren't in a position to pick either tight end. So I say we offer a 3rd and ferguson, and if he declines it tell him thanks, but no thanks.