Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do you guys think of Carlyle Holiday (ERFA)? he looked pretty good late in the season but i'm not sure if he's worth resigning.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
what do you guys think of Carlyle Holiday (ERFA)? he looked pretty good late in the season but i'm not sure if he's worth resigning.
He will only cost is the minimum, so all that matters is the amount of roster spots we have.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
He will only cost is the minimum, so all that matters is the amount of roster spots we have.
that's what i meant by "worth". i was also wondering if what the max number of roster spots is in the off-season.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that's what i meant by "worth". i was also wondering if what the max number of roster spots is in the off-season.
Yeah, Ward hasn't said yet. If it's just the 53 man roster then that's a tough descission and he probably wont make it. If we get the extended roster and/or a practice squad he probably will.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'd resign Holiday. He's a poor man's Antwaan Randle El, and can be had for very cheap.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
I'd resign Holiday. He's a poor man's Antwaan Randle El, and can be had for very cheap.
Yeah, I want to keep him but the spot might be needed for another position. I think we will get some extra space so it shouldn't be an issue.

Didn't you apply?
Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Kevin Barry a free agent this year?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think last year we were able to sign as many people as we wanted, then I think we cut people after the draft. Now, Im not certain of that, but that seems to be how I remembered it.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I want to keep him but the spot might be needed for another position. I think we will get some extra space so it shouldn't be an issue.

Didn't you apply?
Yea...
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
Well, I was talking about our fantasy offseason, that we should start talking to the raiders to trade for moss. I do not want to give up our first round pick for him.

For all of the GMs:
How much are you guys willing to give up for Moss?
There is no way we give up our first. If it involved our second it would have to be a very good deal for us. In the last one javon and I got Moss and Starks for a 3rd and 4th. I don't really want to give up picks though, so I don't know if we should even go after him. It's worth a try, but I don't want to give up a lot.
I have an idea. We could wait to trade for Moss if we're still interested and if there's a deal they're willing to do with a 3rd round pick, and we are not happy with the talent that remains at our pick, we could pull the trigger on a deal.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Ahman Green, i assume we want to resign him?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't you apply?
Yea...
When I asked Ward about it he didn't even seem to know who you were.

CoGMs can appoint assistants so I would like to add you. If any other CoGM objects post it.

That would be 7 though so no more.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

i'm fine with bringing ny10804 on as another assistant. the more the merrier.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
For sure. If we draft someone he will slide to backup, but we don't want to go into the draft needing a RB to fall.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We almost have to becuase there are not many options in FA, and there's no garuntee that we land one of the top 2 backs in the draft. I do like Michael Turner though if we could get him.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Quote:
We almost have to becuase there are not many options in FA, and there's no garuntee that we land one of the top 2 backs in the draft. I do like Michael Turner though if we could get him.
Turner's a RFA, so we would have to give up a first rounder. I really don't think he is worth that.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Turner's a RFA, so we would have to give up a first rounder. I really don't think he is worth that.
Okay, I thought the compensation would be a 5th round pick because that's the round he was drafted in. My Bad!

Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

the list of Packers free agents according to Ward. i may have missed one.

Green, Ahman UFA Packers
Herron, Noah ERFA Packers
Humphrey, Tory ERFA Packers
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Martin, David UFA Packers
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer UFA Packers (I'm not sure what this is about)
Allen, Kenderick UFA Packers
Cole, Colin ERFA Packers
Jenkins, Cullen RFA Packers
White, Tracy UFA Packers
Ryan, Jon ERFA Packers

Old 02-06-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
the list of Packers free agents according to Ward. i may have missed one.

Green, Ahman UFA Packers
Herron, Noah ERFA Packers
Humphrey, Tory ERFA Packers
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Martin, David UFA Packers
Gbaja-Biamila, Kabeer UFA Packers (I'm not sure what this is about)
Allen, Kenderick UFA Packers
Cole, Colin ERFA Packers
Jenkins, Cullen RFA Packers
White, Tracy UFA Packers
Ryan, Jon ERFA Packers
I already had him change that.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, I thought the compensation would be a 5th round pick because that's the round he was drafted in. My Bad!
It also depends on the contact. He will certainly get enough money to get them a first round pick.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, add ny1901649863826 to our growing list. SOON WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

The problem with waiting to trade for Moss is that he could be gone. We won't get a Moss like talent in the third round. Not to mention, we get rid of Ferguson. If we can get Moss, that means it is a definite no go on a receiver in round one. It is one of those things that I would prefer to know sooner rather than later. A third and ferguson for moss is a damn good deal. Like I said about Owens, if there is a QB in the league who can control either of them, it will be Favre. Now imagine this for a receiving corp:
Moss, Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Martin/Holladay. Add in a threat at TE and either Lynch or a Safety, and we could actually be contenders in the NFC next year.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It also depends on the contact. He will certainly get enough money to get them a first round pick.
Doesn't it depend on how much they offer him?
Old 02-06-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't it depend on how much they offer him?
yeah, i think so, but most likely they will offer the maximum tender.

Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

The problem with waiting to trade for Moss is that he could be gone. We won't get a Moss like talent in the third round. Not to mention, we get rid of Ferguson. If we can get Moss, that means it is a definite no go on a receiver in round one. It is one of those things that I would prefer to know sooner rather than later. A third and ferguson for moss is a damn good deal. Like I said about Owens, if there is a QB in the league who can control either of them, it will be Favre. Now imagine this for a receiving corp:
Moss, Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Martin/Holladay. Add in a threat at TE and either Lynch or a Safety, and we could actually be contenders in the NFC next year.
I'd like to stop there with assistants though.

You don't have to convince me on Moss, I'm just not going to give up a ton to get him. I haven't heard anything back so I'll contact Windy.

All they have to do is offer Turner $1.552 million for a first, which they will do.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

I agree with the deal Ferg and 3rd rd for Moss. (I even had posted a suggestion exactly like that late last week in an NFL thread) :)