Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a player that we should look at in FA should be Michael Lewis. I believe he would really solidify the safety position.

Thoughts???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
I think a player that we should look at in FA should be Michael Lewis. I believe he would really solidify the safety position.

Thoughts???
i don't know a lot on Michael Lewis, besides he lost his starting job

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I prolly stated this already but i am against the moss deal 100%. He half-assed all lost season, a person getting paid millions of dollars to do their job and don't do it just doesn't give me a very good impression regardless how well or ****** your team is doing. I guy like that can be very influential on group of young players just starting their careers in the NFL and that is the exact opposite of wut we need rite now.
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colin Cole should be resigned. He's still growing and has yet to reach his full potential.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpapa4490
I prolly stated this already but i am against the moss deal 100%. He half-assed all lost season, a person getting paid millions of dollars to do their job and don't do it just doesn't give me a very good impression regardless how well or *********** your team is doing. I guy like that can be very influential on group of young players just starting their careers in the NFL and that is the exact opposite of wut we need rite now.
that's exactly what i think

agreed on Cole also

Old 02-06-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

since i'm the "offensive scout" i'm gonna go through all offensive positions

QB-not a need at all
HB-not an immediate need but it would be good to get a RB in the draft (Lynch)
FB-not a a need at all
WR-we will want to probably add some depth behind Driver and Jennings, probably through the draft
TE- biggest need on the offense, but since there isn't good value at 16 we will probably want to address it in FA or the 2nd
OT- maybe a project linemen in the later rounds
OG- not a need
C- not a need
OL in general may need some depth.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
since i'm the "offensive scout" i'm gonna go through all offensive positions

QB-not a need at all
HB-not an immediate need but it would be good to get a RB in the draft (Lynch)
FB-not a a need at all
WR-we will want to probably add some depth behind Driver and Jennings, probably through the draft
TE- biggest need on the offense, but since there isn't good value at 16 we will probably want to address it in FA or the 2nd
OT- maybe a project linemen in the later rounds
OG- not a need
C- not a need
OL in general may need some depth.
Very good. I agrre with everything, I think we should go after a veteran gaurd in FA. Not to start but just so we have some experienced depth behind the second year guys.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My defensive opinions

Defensive Tackle- I believe we're pretty set here(Pickett starts and I believ Cole will eventaully start but Corey Williams does a decent job)

Defensive End- Kampman is an anchor but I think Kabeer is only good for 3rd down now-a-days, but Cullen Jenkins could be a starting defensive end in this league(Depth needed)

Linebacker- Starting 3 will probably be the same(Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga), Hodge is a solid backup to Barnett, but I think depth could be added because I don't know how good Ben Taylor would be if he needed to start. Pretty solid group though.

Cornerback- Harris and Woodson played very well this season and we just need to add players to the depth chart that can make a difference. I don't believe Dendy and Bush are longer term players in this league.

Safety- Nick Collins is a good free safety but the strong safety position is what needs work. Manuel would be good as a backup and I have already suggest Michael Lewis as a good player for that role as starting strong safety.

Michael Lewis in 2005 before an injury plagued 06 had 107 total tackles and his numbers improve gradually since he got in the league in 02, and if he can return to full health and put up anywhere near the production that he had in the past, he would be a major upgrade over Manuel.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My defensive opinions

Defensive Tackle- I believe we're pretty set here(Pickett starts and I believ Cole will eventaully start but Corey Williams does a decent job)

Defensive End- Kampman is an anchor but I think Kabeer is only good for 3rd down now-a-days, but Cullen Jenkins could be a starting defensive end in this league(Depth needed)

Linebacker- Starting 3 will probably be the same(Hawk, Barnett, Poppinga), Hodge is a solid backup to Barnett, but I think depth could be added because I don't know how good Ben Taylor would be if he needed to start. Pretty solid group though.

Cornerback- Harris and Woodson played very well this season and we just need to add players to the depth chart that can make a difference. I don't believe Dendy and Bush are longer term players in this league.

Safety- Nick Collins is a good free safety but the strong safety position is what needs work. Manuel would be good as a backup and I have already suggest Michael Lewis as a good player for that role as starting strong safety.

Michael Lewis in 2005 before an injury plagued 06 had 107 total tackles and his numbers improve gradually since he got in the league in 02, and if he can return to full health and put up anywhere near the production that he had in the past, he would be a major upgrade over Manuel.
Nice aswell.

At LB, Taylor wouldn't be someone you'd want to start, but he's good depth if it's just for a game. Here is where I would like to pick up a big name free agent. I think Poppinga is decent and does not need to be upgraded, but We could use another impact player and that's where they are this offseason. It's not Briggs or June that I want though. Sure they'd be nice but my focus is on Adulius Thomas. He is very athletic and has shown that he can cover (something that Brady stuggled with). However unlike Briggs and June, he could play some DE. When we go to Nickle on 2 LBs are on the feild, Hawk and Barnett are in that role. But then Thomas could slide down to DE for Jenkins, removing the need for KGB all together.

As for safety, you pretty much got it right. I have been and am the biggest Underwood supporter that there is. I really think that he could be the long term answer. I'm not big on Lewis, but as long as it doesn't cost much it would be a good signing.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
My defensive opinions

Nice aswell.

At LB, Taylor wouldn't be someone you'd want to start, but he's good depth if it's just for a game. Here is where I would like to pick up a big name free agent. I think Poppinga is decent and does not need to be upgraded, but We could use another impact player and that's where they are this offseason. It's not Briggs or June that I want though. Sure they'd be nice but my focus is on Adulius Thomas. He is very athletic and has shown that he can cover (something that Brady stuggled with). However unlike Briggs and June, he could play some DE. When we go to Nickle on 2 LBs are on the feild, Hawk and Barnett are in that role. But then Thomas could slide down to DE for Jenkins, removing the need for KGB all together.

As for safety, you pretty much got it right. I have been and am the biggest Underwood supporter that there is. I really think that he could be the long term answer. I'm not big on Lewis, but as long as it doesn't cost much it would be a good signing.
I love the thought of Thomas being added to the linebacking corp, but what do you think about for a starting DE opposite Kampman? Cullen? FA? Draft?

Old 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I think Jenkins is a capable starter and is still young and should improve.

On running downs

Jenkins--Pickett--Williams--Kampman

On passing downs

KGB--Pickett--Jenkins--Kampman

And if we got Thomas then it could be him in for passing downs.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Alright, here's the list of FAs per the Packers website:

2007 Exclusive-rights Free Agents (4)
Colin Cole, DT --- resign
Noah Herron, RB --- let go
Carlyle Holiday, WR --- resign
Tory Humphrey, TE --- let go

2007 Restricted Free Agents (1)
Cullen Jenkins, DE --- MUST resign

2007 Unrestricted Free Agents (9)
Kenderick Allen, DT --- let go
Todd Bouman, QB --- let go
Ahman Green, RB --- resign
Donald Lee, TE --- let go
David Martin, TE --- resign
Ben Taylor, LB --- let go
Tyson Walter, T/G -- let go
Tracy White, LB --- resign

My perspective suggestion is next to each player.

Cullen Jenkins should be given the 1st round tender, but not the 1st/3rd round tender.

Green should be given a 2 year deal.

As for Moss, I'd suggest we offer the Raiders a 3rd rounder and either Feguson or Ruvell Martin.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

Cullen Jenkins should be given the 1st round tender, but not the 1st/3rd round tender.

As for Moss, I'd suggest we offer the Raiders a 3rd rounder and either Feguson or Ruvell Martin.
I don't like David Martin and if we trade a wide receiver I would strongly prefer Ferguson leave than Ruvell

Old 02-06-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't like David Martin and if we trade a wide receiver I would strongly prefer Ferguson leave than Ruvell
Martin is a capable 3rd TE and could be used effectively in passing situations. I'm banking on signing Daniel Graham, and if not, drafting either Olsen or Miller in the 2nd.

As for Ferguson, I doubt the Raiders' GMs would take him, maybe first offer him and a 3rd, and if they deny that, the 3rd and Ruvell.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

If we get a practice squad I would like to keep Humphrey on it. The coaches liked him and almost made the roster but got hurt.

I like Herron and kind of want him back, but he's not someone we need to resign. We would get him for the minimum though.

I would like to bring back Allen though, just to provide depth.

Other than that, looks about right.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
If we get a practice squad I would like to keep Humphrey on it. The coaches liked him and almost made the roster but got hurt.

I like Herron and kind of want him back, but he's not someone we need to resign. We would get him for the minimum though.

I would like to bring back Allen though, just to provide depth.

Other than that, looks about right.
If we resign both Green and Herron, there's not likely to be room for a rookie RB, and if it comes down to Green or Herron, I'd take Green.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Well yeah, I was sayiing if we get more than the 53man roster which I think we will.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

As for Moss, I'd suggest we offer the Raiders a 3rd rounder and either Ferguson or Ruvell Martin.
i agree with that all

Old 02-06-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

UFA TEs

Brady, Kyle UFA Jaguars
Bruener, Mark UFA Texans
Gammon, Kendall UFA Chiefs
Graham, Daniel UFA Patriots
Heller, Will UFA Seahawks
Johnson, Eric UFA 49ers
Kelly, Reggie UFA Bengals
Lee, Donald UFA Packers
Martin, David UFA Packers
Miller, Billy UFA Saints
Moore, Dave UFA Buccaneers
Reid, Gabe UFA Bears
Shiancoe, Visanthe UFA Giants
Stewart, Tony UFA Bengals
Wakefield, Fred UFA Cardinals
Yoder, Todd UFA Redskins

players we may want to look at signing

Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Big_Brother

Sorry if I'm interrupting the brainstorm here (you guys better win me a championship next year...)

But I was wondering if any of you guys are as big Joe Thomas fans and where you would like to see him be drafted out of the teams in the top 5 (I dont see how he falls below that.)

I'd like to see him go to the cards, just because I feel they have the best chance of winning sooner rather than later and he could really help their team.

Then again, that means the Lions picked Quinn, the Browns probably went with AD, and we might not get Lynch...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Chio151
Rookie

Chio151 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I also think Shiancoe would be worth a look. He's shown some flashes.
Chio151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother
Sorry if I'm interrupting the brainstorm here (you guys better win me a championship next year...)

But I was wondering if any of you guys are as big Joe Thomas fans and where you would like to see him be drafted out of the teams in the top 5 (I dont see how he falls below that.)

I'd like to see him go to the cards, just because I feel they have the best chance of winning sooner rather than later and he could really help their team.

Then again, that means the Lions picked Quinn, the Browns probably went with AD, and we might not get Lynch...
Farthest he will fall is to Arizona. I don't think Detroit is too interested in OL, so that might also be the most likely spot.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Brother

i love Joe Thomas and i think he's gonna be great but unfortunately we wont get to see him in a Packer uni anytime soon. i'm also hoping he goes to the Cards.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Packers interested in Okoye

I'm really hoping we could get him. He's going to be a beast.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Would we be willing to trade up to improve some aspect of our team?

I know we want to keep our draft picks but I believe KGB and Bubba could be made expendable especially with the depth of TE in FA and the draft. If a big time DE was added and Cullen could start at DT that would make us big time on the defensive side of the ball.

Thoughts or are we satisfied with spot 16?