Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2006, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
ya maybe..

but come on were only halfway through the season and i myself am excited to watch the games these next 2 weeks.
I really want to see if this team is real, and these weeks will show how far we actually are from a playoff team.
real? the pack is 4-5, it's not like were 7-2 or somthing like that.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:03 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
ya maybe..

but come on were only halfway through the season and i myself am excited to watch the games these next 2 weeks.
I really want to see if this team is real, and these weeks will show how far we actually are from a playoff team.
We haven't beat any real good teams yet. We weren't even close against Philly and Chicago. The next two games will really show how far we have come.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I'm kind of glad that Morency is playing. I think he does add a good dynamic and seems a more natural runner in this system than Ahman does. I thought Ahman played a lot better when he had Mo splitting the reps as well.

New England's wideouts don't really match up well with our defensive backs. The real battle will be between Patrick Dendy and their third reciever, I believe.

I hope Green Bay doesn't get overly aggressive and blitz the Linebackers nearly every time. I think that would open the tight end up or halfback swings too much. It needs to be used every once and a while.

I think when it's long distance...We need to stop playing zone and letting Harris just "let recievers go." It's been killing us.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
I'm kind of glad that Morency is playing. I think he does add a good dynamic and seems a more natural runner in this system than Ahman does. I thought Ahman played a lot better when he had Mo splitting the reps as well.

New England's wideouts don't really match up well with our defensive backs. The real battle will be between Patrick Dendy and their third reciever, I believe.

I hope Green Bay doesn't get overly aggressive and blitz the Linebackers nearly every time. I think that would open the tight end up or halfback swings too much. It needs to be used every once and a while.

I think when it's long distance...We need to stop playing zone and letting Harris just "let recievers go." It's been killing us.
I want to see more blitzing from this defence. The Packers don't have the talent on the defensive line to get enough pressure without linebacker blitzes. Keep the offence guessing and force them to make some mistakes.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 01:36 PM    (permalink

Some interesting stats for the game on sunday:

This year is the 10th Anniversary of Super Bowl XXXI, which Green Bay won 35-21 over the Patriots. Green Bay has also won the two regular season meetings since that Super Bowl.

New England has lost two in a row for the first time since December 2002. The last time the Patriots lost three straight games was a four-game streak earlier that season, in which their third loss was to the Packers.

Green Bay is third in the league with 31 sacks on the season, including four or more in each of the last four games. The Packers had just 35 sacks all of last season.

The Packers have lost four consecutive home games vs. AFC opponents, after winning 21 of their previous 25.

Green Bay QB Brett Favre has won his last three starts vs. the Patriots, including Super Bowl XXI. He has a rating of 100+ in each of those three games, with eight touchdowns and no interceptions.

Packers' WR Donald Driver has a touchdown catch in both games vs. the AFC this season, but he has gone seven consecutive games without a touchdown at Lambeau Field.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:42 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
ya maybe..

did u expect us to be 4-5 from how this year started? cuz i didnt.

I have been very impressed in how the team has been playing, especially the rookies. I was making a point that we havent really played a strong team in the last few weeks, and I want to see if the improvements that i have seen over the last few weeks were because the lack of competition or if these improvements are for real. These next 2 weeks will show this.

and since when does a team have to be 7-2 to be excited about them?

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Packers Mock Draft

Round 1: Marshawn Lynch - Running Back - Junior - Cal

Round 2: Aaron Ross - Cornerback - Senior - Texas

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USC
Old 11-17-2006, 02:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Packers Mock Draft

Beautiful
Old 11-17-2006, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Packers Mock Draft

Beautiful
Just a general outline for what the Packers will be looking for next draft. In the later rounds the Packers will probably be looking for a defensive end, a wide receiver, an offensive tackle, and maybe a tight end.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:11 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Packers Mock Draft

very nice.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:14 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Packers Mock Draft

very nice.
Ya i agree. if thats how the draft turns out i will be very happy. :D

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2006, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

I'm really excited about the possibility of the Packers drafting Marshawn Lynch. He seems like a perfect fit for this team. He has a great combination of power, speed, and vision. He's extremely versatile and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as run both inside and out. Lynch makes great, quick cuts and can really accelerate when he hits the hole. He's perfect for the ZBS and will be very valuable as a receiving threat. Check out his highlight video of his 2005 season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiNB...elated&search=

He basically has no weaknesses in his game at this point. This is the start of my campaign for drafting Lynch in the 1st.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Some more Marshawn Lynch material......
Although I like Moses draft, I like this more:

Mock Draft

Round 1: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California Golden Bears

Round 2: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona Wildcats

Round 3: Steve Smith, WR, USC Trojans

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Bush_06

Mock Draft

Isn't your sig a little outdated?
Old 11-17-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

yea, I havent been on this awhile and I need someone to do one for me...

Old 11-17-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

Quote:
I'm really excited about the possibility of the Packers drafting Marshawn Lynch. He seems like a perfect fit for this team. He has a great combination of power, speed, and vision. He's extremely versatile and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well as run both inside and out. Lynch makes great, quick cuts and can really accelerate when he hits the hole. He's perfect for the ZBS and will be very valuable as a receiving threat. Check out his highlight video of his 2005 season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agiNB...elated&search=

He basically has no weaknesses in his game at this point. This is the start of my campaign for drafting Lynch in the 1st.
Wow that was some amazing highlights right there.

I agree, I love this guy. He will fit great in our system.

Ill join the campaign. Lynch in the 1st!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

I join as well!!!!!

Old 11-17-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers have 36 offensive plays this season that have resulted in negative yardage, the fewest in the NFL.

An interesting fact.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Bush_06

Mock Draft

I doubt Cason will be around when we pick in the 2nd but it's all the same anyway.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

Offence:

QB: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron
FB: Brandon Miree, Free Agent/Late-Round Pick

WR1: Donald Driver
WR2: Greg Jennings
WR3: Steve Smith
WR4: Ruvell Martin
WR5: Chris Francies/Late-Round Pick/Free Agent
TE: Bubba Franks, David Martin, Donald Lee

LT: Chad Clifton, Late-Round Pick/Free Agent
LG: Daryn Colledge, Tony Moll
C: Scott Wells, Jason Spitz
RG: Jason Spitz, Tony Moll
RT: Mark Tauscher, Junius Coston

Defence:

LDE: Aaron Kampman, Free-Agent/Late-Round Pick
LDT: Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins
RDT: Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Johnny Jolly
RDE: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla, Mike Montgommery

LOLB: A.J. Hawk, Ben Taylor, Tracy White
MLB: Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
ROLB: Brady Poppinga, Ben Taylor, Tracy White

CB1: Al Harris
CB2: Charles Woodson
CB3: Aaron Ross
CB4: Will Blackmon
CB5: Patrick Dendy
FS: Nick Collins, Tyrone Culver
SS: Marquand Maneul, Marviel Underwood
Old 11-17-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

you dont think TT will reward green for the effort he's made this season.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
you dont think TT will reward green for the effort he's made this season.
He could resign him but Green doesn't have much left in the tank and is a constant injury concern. Regardless, the Packers need a young franchise running back because Green's days are numbered whether he's resigned or not.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

[b]Offence:[/b]

[b]Defence:[/b]

I think Martin should be ahead of Franks in the depth chart.

And, is defence and offence a canadian thing?
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Packers Mock Draft

Resulting Depth Chart:

[b]Offence:[/b]

[b]Defence:[/b]

I think Martin should be ahead of Franks in the depth chart.

And, is defence and offence a canadian thing?
Martin is better in the passing game but Franks is better in the run game. They'll basically split time.

Yes. America has it's own way of spelling things, away from the British and Canadian ways.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i personally think Blackmon will be out #3 corner next year
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote