Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Packers interested in Okoye

I'm really hoping we could get him. He's going to be a beast.
Good. I am starting to think that TT has very little interest in a RB in the first though.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:

Good. I am starting to think that TT has very little interest in a RB in the first though.
In the article it also says that Tony Hunt is second only to Okoye in terms interest level. I don't know much about him, but I'm sure TT knows what he's doing.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Would we be willing to trade up to improve some aspect of our team?

I know we want to keep our draft picks but I believe KGB and Bubba could be made expendable especially with the depth of TE in FA and the draft. If a big time DE was added and Cullen could start at DT that would make us big time on the defensive side of the ball.

Thoughts or are we satisfied with spot 16?
Who were you thinking of trading up for?

We can get rid of KGB and Franks, but they both will cause cap penalties and I don't think anyone would want them.

I would rather get a DT(Okoye) and keep Jenkins at end than the other way around.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Would we be willing to trade up to improve some aspect of our team?

I know we want to keep our draft picks but I believe KGB and Bubba could be made expendable especially with the depth of TE in FA and the draft. If a big time DE was added and Cullen could start at DT that would make us big time on the defensive side of the ball.

Thoughts or are we satisfied with spot 16?
Who were you thinking of trading up for?

We can get rid of KGB and Franks, but they both will cause cap penalties and I don't think anyone would want them.

I would rather get a DT(Okoye) and keep Jenkins at end than the other way around.
Ok I'm just seeing what people think, but I like the idea of Okoye as well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

In the article it also says that Tony Hunt is second only to Okoye in terms interest level. I don't know much about him, but I'm sure TT knows what he's doing.
Hunt had a good Senior Bowl game but I don't think he was overly imprerssive in practices but the games tell all.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hunt had a good Senior Bowl game but I don't think he was overly imprerssive in practices but the games tell all.
I was never really a fan of Hunt, but if Thompson likes him then I might start to change.

I am also starting to think that maybe we should pass on RB in the first in this. As mentioned, I would be very happy with Okoye.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was never really a fan of Hunt, but if Thompson likes him then I might start to change.

I am also starting to think that maybe we should pass on RB in the first in this. As mentioned, I would be very happy with Okoye.
Not to sound critical, but why would the packers be interested in Hunt. He doesn't seem like he'd be ideal for the ZBS.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah. Well, it looks like we are going to keep Ahamn and TE is a strong position out there. Now a wide receiver is something we still need to explore but I like the idea of Thomas at LB and if we could land Okoye we would be setting ourselves up very nicely

Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007 Exclusive-rights Free Agents (4)
Colin Cole, DT --- resign- depends oh how much he wants.
Noah Herron, RB --- let go- if we draft a RB there no need for him
Carlyle Holiday, WR --- resign- we can use him as a passer on trick plays
Tory Humphrey, TE --- resign- we need a TE badly and who knows who can be a steal.

2007 Restricted Free Agents (1)
Cullen Jenkins, DE --- resign- no need to say anything

2007 Unrestricted Free Agents (9)
Kenderick Allen, DT --- resign- could bring in for 1st and 2nd downs to stop the run with pickett
Todd Bouman, QB --- let go- no need
Ahman Green, RB --- resign- we need a 1/2 punch to make it deep into the playoffs
Donald Lee, TE --- let go- im not sure i would like him back
David Martin, TE --- resign- not for alot of money
Ben Taylor, LB --- let go- Draft someone
Tyson Walter, T/G -- resign- we have only 2 back ups for the T postion bring him back.
Tracy White, LB --- let go- draft or bring in a rookie FA.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not to sound critical, but why would the packers be interested in Hunt. He doesn't seem like he'd be ideal for the ZBS.
I don't know, that was part of the reason why I didn't like him. But I have complete trust in TT so I'm sure he sees something.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think DT is a need but i am hearing good things about Okoye and i wouldn't mind taking him although Lynch is still my #1 want.

i'm no expert on Hunt but I have full faith that TT knows what he's doing so he must be good.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Green Bay Packers
Co-GMs: GB12, javon favre, Jim Jim, someone 447
Assistant GMs: princefielder28, Jackalope
javon favre said that he didn't want a big part in this and will move down to assistant.

So,

CoGMs:GB12, Jim Jim, someone 447
Assistants:princefielder28, Jackalope, ny10804, javon favre
Old 02-06-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

My big board of out of team FAs:

1. Daniel Graham, TE
2. Asante Samuel, CB
3. Adalius Thomas, LB
4. Lance Briggs, LB
5. Drew Bennett, WR
6. Eric Steinbach, G/T
7. Ken Hamlin, S
8. Eric Johnson, TE

EDIT - random note, I wonder why ward left me off the GM list...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
i don't think DT is a need but i am hearing good things about Okoye and i wouldn't mind taking him although Lynch is still my #1 want.

i'm no expert on Hunt but I have full faith that TT knows what he's doing so he must be good.
DT isn't really a need but we could have a dominant d-line for years if we drafted him. That way we could maybe hide possible weaknesses in the secondary, not only in the upcoming years but for years after harris and woodson are gone. Wouldn't it be great to have a d-line that does work like no ones business? Okoye first if not him then Lynch for me
Old 02-06-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
My big board of out of team FAs:

1. Daniel Graham, TE
2. Asante Samuel, CB
3. Adalius Thomas, LB
4. Lance Briggs, LB
5. Drew Bennett, WR
6. Eric Steinbach, G/T
7. Ken Hamlin, S
8. Eric Johnson, TE

EDIT - random note, I wonder why ward left me off the GM list...
I was just going to say that all GMs should make a list. Mine will be up soon.

As for the last part
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Didn't you apply?
Yea...
When I asked Ward about it he didn't even seem to know who you were.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt Okoye will be available in this offseason. I think he is much more likely to be available when the actual draft comes around.

What do you guys think of Landry? I agree with whoever said they don't really like Nelson. With Landry and Collins we could have the best young safety tandem in the league.

With the way free agency works, we are much better off doing the TT style of free agency. Target the non-"impact" players, just the ones that will plug a few holes and add depth. Then go after maybe 1 impact player.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
I highly doubt Okoye will be available in this offseason. I think he is much more likely to be available when the actual draft comes around.

What do you guys think of Landry? I agree with whoever said they don't really like Nelson. With Landry and Collins we could have the best young safety tandem in the league.

With the way free agency works, we are much better off doing the TT style of free agency. Target the non-"impact" players, just the ones that will plug a few holes and add depth. Then go after maybe 1 impact player.
My opinion on Landry is that he would be the best option after Okoye and Lynch. He's a great prospect, but I think RB is clearly a bigger need, and that Okoye is too good to pass up. It remains possible that all 3 will be gone, so I'll repost my big board:

1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Dwayne Bowe
7. Michael Griffin
8. Darrelle Revis
9. Sidney Rice
10. Robert Meachem

For Round 2:
1. Kenny Irons
2. Zach Miller
3. Greg Olsen
4. Tony Hunt
5. Michael Bush
6. Anthony Gonzalez
Old 02-06-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

1.Adalius Thomas, LB
2.Donte Stallworth, WR
3.Daniel Graham, TE
4.lance Briggs, LB
5.Erich Johnson, TE
6.Nate Clements, CB
7.Drew Bennett, WR
8.Ken Hamlin, S
9. Asante Samuel. CB
10.Deon Grant, S
Old 02-06-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447

What is that supposed to mean?

That was me who didn't like Nelson, and I am totally against drafting him. Landry would be ok, but there are a couple guys that I want more. He will probably be gone before our pick anyway.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great, Nerdfest has hijacked the Packers discussion thread.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
badgerfan
Rookie

badgerfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have a question for everyone. I just had someone in another forum say that if an athlete doesn't compete in Division 1 but rather Division 2 or 3 that he is automatically a "*****" (his words) and is nothing compared to a Division 1 athlete. I know what division 1 athletes are usually more talented as the vast majority of professionals are Division 1 athletes, but Division 2 and 3 athletes work just as hard as Division 1 athletes. I respect all college athletes or all divisions for the sacrifices they make during the season. I know how much of a pain it can be in season.
badgerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan
Great, Nerdfest has hijacked the Packers discussion thread.
:?:

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that people on this board will over rate him because of his age. Now, I think he is a great prospect and definitely worth the 16th pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go top 10, and I dont think he deserves a top 10 pick.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I'm preparing a big defensive oriented summary for when I get out of class today.

And on another note, everything is done as a democracy between the four CO-gms. Nobody has more say.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would really like to try to sign Daniel Graham but unfortunatly the Pats are trying to keep him around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy
Sources: Patriots look to bring back Samuel, Graham
Top free agents' tenures with Patriots may not be over yet

AP - The New England Patriots may be known for cutting ties with star players and fan favorites, including Adam Vinatieri, Willie McGinest, Lawyer Milloy, and Ty Law, but this year they have expressed interest in retaining both star cornerback Asante Samuel and tight end Daniel Graham, the team's top free agents. Both players have been Patriots for their entire careers, but it has been speculated that one or both of them could be on the way out. New England has roughly $27,000,000 in cap room this year, and could reasonably afford both players.

Samuel was tied for the NFL lead in interceptions with ten this season, and had an excellent postseason as well. Daniel Graham is one of the best blocking tight ends in the league. Both players are said to be looking for multi-year deals. It's likely that New England will be in the market for a new number one cornerback if Samuel is not retained - it's unlikely that the Patriots will use the franchise tag on Samuel, as they would be forced to pay him a $7.8 million salary for the 2007 season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy
Sources: Patriots begin negotiations with departing talent
New England looks for internal solutions before going through free agency

AP - Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and top executive Scott Pioli have already begun speaking with some of New England's pending free agents regarding new contracts. It's unknown exactly which players are being targeted, but it's safe to say that Daniel Graham and Asante Samuel will be two of the top priorities for the team. More news as it becomes available.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote