Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
I'm preparing a big defensive oriented summary for when I get out of class today.

And on another note, everything is done as a democracy between the four CO-gms. Nobody has more say.
We only have 3 co-gms now. Javon Favre asked to be put as an assistant GM instead. But I agree with you completely.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 AM    (permalink
eagleseye

I'm know I'm late, and I doubt my post count would allow me to anyway, but if you need anybody to step in for any GM spots, assistant spots, or anything I'd be glad to help out.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
I think that people on this board will over rate him because of his age. Now, I think he is a great prospect and definitely worth the 16th pick, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go top 10, and I dont think he deserves a top 10 pick.
He was always playing against people that were years older than him and he still played like a first rounder - that is a pretty impressive accomplishment.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying it isn't. I just think he will go higher in this mock than he will in the real draft. I think he will be a tremendous player, but a top 10 pick should be an impact player right away(except, arguably, a qb), I don't think he will do that.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

lright, here's the list of FAs per the Packers website:

2007 Exclusive-rights Free Agents (4)
Colin Cole, DT --- Resign. Colin Cole is a crucial member to our defensive line rotation.
Noah Herron, RB --- Noah Herron has a ceiling. We know what we're getting. I think we need to part ways and look to improve this position.
Carlyle Holiday, WR --- I would keep him over Martin. We could develop Carlye into our own Randle El, and Caryle has really nice hands, making some outstanding grabs. Give him some more time at WR and we'll have a multi-oriented threat.
Tory Humphrey, TE --- Release. Just a space eater.

2007 Restricted Free Agents (1)
Cullen Jenkins, DE --- MUST resign

2007 Unrestricted Free Agents (9)
Kenderick Allen, DT --- We should make an effort to sign Kenderick, I think he got a bad rep because of his injury, but if you remember, he was our starting DT alongside Pickett at the beginning of the season. He's a big body who can stop the run.
Todd Bouman, QB --- Release.
Ahman Green, RB --- resign
Donald Lee, TE --- Release.
David Martin, TE --- Resign, but regulated to the second or third TE role.
Ben Taylor, LB --- Release.
Tyson Walter, T/G -- let go
Tracy White, LB --- resign. He's a special teams demon.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447
I highly doubt Okoye will be available in this offseason. I think he is much more likely to be available when the actual draft comes around.

What do you guys think of Landry? I agree with whoever said they don't really like Nelson. With Landry and Collins we could have the best young safety tandem in the league.

With the way free agency works, we are much better off doing the TT style of free agency. Target the non-"impact" players, just the ones that will plug a few holes and add depth. Then go after maybe 1 impact player.
I agree with Landry as being our pick, if he's there. He has something that Ted Thompson looks at on draft day, outstanding production. And on top of that? LaRon can do everything and do it well.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's what I think:

Draft Big Board
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. LaRon Landry
4. Reggie Nelson
5. Dwayne Jarrett
6. Darrell Revis

Free Agents
1. Adalius Thomas LB
2. Lance Briggs LB
3. Michael Lewis S
4. Daniel Graham TE
5. Donte Stallworth WR

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

[ Realistic Free Agent Wishlist. ]

1. Ken Hamlin, Safety.

2. Roderick Hood, CB.

3. Dominic Rhodes, RB.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Brother

I know TT hasn't shown a real interest in Lynch so far or any RB for that matter, but I remember when he showed basically no interest in Hawk either. TT seems to like his smokescreens and doesn't give much away at all... I wouldn't rule anything out.

That being said, I have full confidence in TT this year and I can just enjoy the draft pretty much, even if he pulls something out of left field I can give him the benefit of the doubt and see if his moves pan out. It's a much better feeling than my usual apprehension towards the Sherman drafts...
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[ Realistic Free Agent Wishlist. ]

1. Ken Hamlin, Safety.

2. Roderick Hood, CB.

3. Dominic Rhodes, RB.
I like Hood, but I don't know why you say realistic becuase there's 25 million in cap space and it would take a hit to the cap space but it would not be devastating to bring in a big name.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice ESPN report Jim Jim. I want to get one big time player(Thomas), but other than that we don't need to bring in other big names. Getting Thomas would decrease my want for Okoye. I think we need another playmaker on defense and either one would do the job.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
nice ESPN report Jim Jim. I want to get one big time player(Thomas), but other than that we don't need to bring in other big names. Getting Thomas would decrease my want for Okoye. I think we need another playmaker on defense and either one would do the job.
Bringing in Thomas would solidify the defense except for safety; what are thinking there???

Old 02-07-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

We need to hammer out a list of free agents we're realistically going to go after, then designate one of us to make the list for Ward when it's time.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Quote:
Bringing in Thomas would solidify the defense except for safety; what are thinking there???
I'm not real big on getting a safety through the draft. I like Landry, but there are a couple players I want ahead of him. I would be ok with him, but as I said before I don't wan't Nelson. I am the biggest Underwood fan, and I think he could be the safety of the future. Manuel isn't terrible and improved over the season, and while he's not my favorite he can get the job done. Now I think we should still get someone in FA, but we don't need a star.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not real big on getting a safety through the draft. I like Landry, but there are a couple players I want ahead of him. I would be ok with him, but as I said before I don't wan't Nelson. I am the biggest Underwood fan, and I think he could be the safety of the future. Manuel isn't terrible and improved over the season, and while he's not my favorite he can get the job done. Now I think we should still get someone in FA, but we don't need a star.
What are your feeling about Mr. Michael Lewis???

Old 02-07-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
We need to hammer out a list of free agents we're realistically going to go after, then designate one of us to make the list for Ward when it's time.
We should start on that soon. We don't just give Ward a list, we need to fill this out
Quote:
Username:
Team:
Position (Head or Co):
Offseason moves made up to this point:
Player Target, Position, 2006 Team:
Reasons of your own to support your case:
Links to support your case:
Also the ESPN reports help a lot so we should get those going as soon as possible to get the guys we want.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I'm reading the ESPN Ticker about Simeon Rice and it says that they're looking for a mid-late Day 1 pick. Now would his contract be too much to bring in and we could potentially package a deal including a 3rd round pick or is that unrealistic???

Old 02-07-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I'm reading the ESPN Ticker about Simeon Rice and it says that they're looking for a mid-late Day 1 pick. Now would his contract be too much to bring in and we could potentially package a deal including a 3rd round pick or is that unrealistic???
I really don't have an interest in bringing him in at all.

As for Lewis, he could be a likely option.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when are we allowed to make offers on a free agent? we definitely need to go after a TE, Graham or Johnson.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
LickaMahfeetz
Rookie

LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.

Isn't Lewis more of an "in the box" safety? Don't we already have a safety in Manual who's game is more taylored for playing in the box?

Why would we get Lewis when we need help with pass coverage?
LickaMahfeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahvRay
Isn't Lewis more of an "in the box" safety? Don't we already have a safety in Manual who's game is more taylored for playing in the box?

i really don't see safety as a need even with the poor play of Manuel. i like Underwood.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
LickaMahfeetz
Rookie

LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:

i really don't see safety as a need even with the poor play of Manuel. i like Underwood.
Same here. I believe that either Underwood will get the starting spot, but if Manuel does retain the postition, i think we change up the coverage enough where he's not a liability
LickaMahfeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
LB51

I think we shouldn't take Marshawn Lynch because he has character issues
Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
McGraw

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Same here. I believe that either Underwood will get the starting spot, but if Manuel does retain the postition, i think we change up the coverage enough where he's not a liability
Manuel isn't so bad that we need to change up the coverage to protect him, just let him play on his strengths.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:

Me too. I would like to bring someone in though with Hamlin at the top of the list. Hamlin is going to take a lot of money and should be a starter, so it probably isn't worth it. I am fine with Underwood and Manuel, but I don't think the others feel the same way.