Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Do you guys think the Packers will resign Ahman before Free Agency starts???
I think he'll test the market, but we'll resign him.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Let's prepare our big boards, and then compare them tomorrow morning so we can get our draft prep.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Let's prepare our big boards, and then compare them tomorrow morning so we can get our draft prep.
I don't know if you heard, but we don't seem to be doing the LJ trade. We are looking at Tatum Bell though. Do you have AIM?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
I don't know if you heard, but we don't seem to be doing the LJ trade. We are looking at Tatum Bell though. Do you have AIM?
I've been following the draft the whole time, I knew that trade wouldn't go through because it lacked realism, so I didn't feel the need to comment on it.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
I've been following the draft the whole time, I knew that trade wouldn't go through because it lacked realism, so I didn't feel the need to comment on it.
It wasn't that, we could make it happen, but we talked it over and thought it would be better to go after Bell. So is that a no to AIM? I feel like you are kind of being left out because of it.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DRAFT BIG BOARD

Round 1
1. Amobi Okoye
2. LaRon Landry
3. Dwayne Jarrett
4. Lawrence Timmons
5. Adam Carriker
6. Leon Hall
7. Reggie Nelson
8. Marshawn Lynch

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Zach Miller
3. Eric Weddle

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

The Tatum Bell trade is agreed on pending Ward's approval. We get Bell for our 4th and Dendy.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously I would prefer to trade down.

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

My ideal draft would be to trade our 1st for either the pats 2 firsts, or someones first and early second. Then pick up DeMarcus Tyler and Michael Griffin.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

What exactly are our viable trade down scenarios? Do we have a tentative agreement with the Jets or Pats?
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

My ideal draft would be to trade our 1st for either the pats 2 firsts, or someones first and early second. Then pick up DeMarcus Tyler and Michael Griffin.
You will not be able to trade our mid first round pick for two first rounders. I also doubt that you would be able to get a first and an early second. I think a first and a late second or early third is more realistic.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Alright guys, take this for what you will, but I just found out something very interesting about Adalius Thomas:

Quote:
Asked about Thomas' chances of returning to the Ravens, his agent, Bus Cook, said, "I wouldn't think they're very good."
Bus Cook, the same agent of Brett Favre. Let's hope that helps.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Both are Southern Miss guys too

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Alright guys, take this for what you will, but I just found out something very interesting about Adalius Thomas:

Quote:
Asked about Thomas' chances of returning to the Ravens, his agent, Bus Cook, said, "I wouldn't think they're very good."
Yeah having Southern Miss ties and the same agent :D

Old 02-23-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

You will not be able to trade our mid first round pick for two first rounders. I also doubt that you would be able to get a first and an early second. I think a first and a late second or early third is more realistic.
We would obviously have to throw some more in. But in terms of the draft value chart, a late first and early second would only be 150 points apart or so. If we could make that up with a player it would be possible. To get the Pats 2 first rounders would be a little tougher, it would probably have to be something like our 1st&2nd for their 2 1st and 3rd or 4th.

If the Chiefs really want Barry, we should try to trade him for a pick. We could probably get a 3rd rounder from them.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

Round 1
1a. Amobi Okoye
1b. LaRon Landry
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Dwayne Jarret
5. Leon Hall
6. Reggie Nelson

Round 2
1. Greg Olsen
2. Brandon Merriweather
3. Zach Miller
4. Eric Weddle

We would obviously have to throw some more in. But in terms of the draft value chart, a late first and early second would only be 150 points apart or so. If we could make that up with a player it would be possible. To get the Pats 2 first rounders would be a little tougher, it would probably have to be something like our 1st&2nd for their 2 1st and 3rd or 4th.

If the Chiefs really want Barry, we should try to trade him for a pick. We could probably get a 3rd rounder from them.
That's true about Barry, good call

Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What kind of salary is Thomas going to command??
ds8582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582
What kind of salary is Thomas going to command??
I'm thinking it'll probably be about 7-8 mil a year based on what's out there; he'll get his money

Old 02-23-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Reports say that the 49ers are interested in AT along with another team which I can't remember. I think AT would rather play with the Packers because this team is on the rise, not that the 49ers aren't, but the packers have more pieces in place to make a run.

The NFC north is in shambles, the Bears seem to be regressing instead of getting better. Lovie could very well walk after next year and if they don't give him an extension this off-season he will command way to much money next year. The Vikings could turn it around but they have no QB and their best coaches have left and the Lions are just plain awful.

The Pack will win the division next year and could probably win a game or 2 in the playoffs depending on who is in. With some smart additions and another good draft, the Packers could be very good for awhile.

On another note, If very interested to see when brett does retire (and he can take his time) If Aaron Rodgers will be the QB of the future. After this season he will have 2 years left on his contract, will he be willing to re-sign? Just something to think about after next season.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
Reports say that the 49ers are interested in AT along with another team which I can't remember. I think AT would rather play with the Packers because this team is on the rise, not that the 49ers aren't, but the packers have more pieces in place to make a run.

The NFC north is in shambles, the Bears seem to be regressing instead of getting better. Lovie could very well walk after next year and if they don't give him an extension this off-season he will command way to much money next year. The Vikings could turn it around but they have no QB and their best coaches have left and the Lions are just plain awful.

The Pack will win the division next year and could probably win a game or 2 in the playoffs depending on who is in. With some smart additions and another good draft, the Packers could be very good for awhile.

On another note, If very interested to see when brett does retire (and he can take his time) If Aaron Rodgers will be the QB of the future. After this season he will have 2 years left on his contract, will he be willing to re-sign? Just something to think about after next season.

but what i am hearing is to this this
AT wants MONEY & 3-4
and here they are really big on at because to Duo him with Lawson

but will pick money over anything and everything

Quote:
I'm thinking it'll probably be about 7-8 mil a year based on what's out there; he'll get his money
Woodson money is how much we wonts to get paid
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

AT wants MONEY & 3-4

Quote:
That seems like a ton of money to sign him and then re-sign Barnett.
ds8582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend
Quote:

AT wants MONEY & 3-4

Quote:
That seems like a ton of money to sign him and then re-sign Barnett.
We will certainly see if we can sign him but it's not a top priority b/c you can always use that money to solidify other positions

Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804

Quote:
You got a link for this at all? I'd be curious to see where it came from.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:
The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:
The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).
All good ideas for the Packers :D

Old 02-23-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:

All good ideas for the Packers :D
no kidding. I am excited TT is about to seal up the Jenkins deal from the sounds of it.

they get smoked.