Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28
Quote:
From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:
The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).
All good ideas for the Packers :D
no kidding. I am excited TT is about to seal up the Jenkins deal from the sounds of it.
Itotally agree with you; Cullen is a hell of a player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Alright guys, take this for what you will, but I just found out something very interesting about Adalius Thomas:

Quote:
Asked about Thomas' chances of returning to the Ravens, his agent, Bus Cook, said, "I wouldn't think they're very good."
Bus Cook, the same agent of Brett Favre. Let's hope that helps.
You got a link for this at all? I'd be curious to see where it came from.
No, I made it all up.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...ports-football
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Alright guys, take this for what you will, but I just found out something very interesting about Adalius Thomas:

Quote:
Asked about Thomas' chances of returning to the Ravens, his agent, Bus Cook, said, "I wouldn't think they're very good."
No, I made it all up.

of yeah people make stuff up all the time.....?

Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
No, I made it all up.

I just wanted to read the article.......

anyways.. TE help high a priority? http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569470

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
No, I made it all up.

I just wanted to read the article.......

anyways.. TE help high a priority? http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=569470
Last time I try to kid around...
Old 02-23-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:
The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).
A 12 million dollar signing bonus. :shock:

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:

But he's gonna get the money b/c of all the money and a small market of FAs

Old 02-23-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
From Joe Arrigo..

Quote:

yeah, watch us sign him and then he tears a ACL.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

"3:44 p.m. Auburn running back Kenny Irons talks almost as fast as he runs, and he was holding court with the press as he fielded questions. He was asked if Auburn would have been his destination even if his brother David wasn’t already there. “Yes, that’s where I still would have gone. They were my second choice when I chose South Carolina out of High School. I didn’t go there the first time, because they already had Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Brandon Jacobs on the team. I would have competed, but I think I might have gotten lost in the shuffle.”

Irons measured 5-11/203 and has received the most interest from the Green Bay Packers. He met with their staff for "20 to 25 minutes" Thursday night. Irons believes he'll run in the low 4.4s, and he'd better because he has a bet with his brother, CB David Irons"

"2:43 p.m. Green Bay Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy told the media that he expected Brett Favre to be in camp with the Packers doing full workouts. When asked about about pressing needs heading into the draft, McCarthy had a simple answer, "Improvement."

"2:07 p.m.: Cal running back Marshawn Lynch has a lot of versatility, and he’s looking forward to showing it off in the NFL. “I like lining up in the slot and set up some one on ones and get into space.” The 5-11, 215-pounder expects to run in the 4.3s after being timed at 4.36 on Feb. 7. One of his coaches, upon seeing several mock drafts with Lynch going to Green Bay, told him to ‘get your hat, your gloves and your coat because it's cold up there.’ “But that's alright with me," said Lynch. A self-proclaimed momma's boy, Lynch said: "The first thing I'm going to do when I sign my contract is buy her a house, even if it's in Green Bay."

11:20 a.m. Packers GM Ted Thompson spoke the media, and was quickly asked about RB Ahman Green. Thompson said that optimism is a "sticky phrase", but that the Packers want Green back and that Green's future with the club is up to the business side of the organization. The Packers, contended Thompson, can't act out of fear that a weak free agent class and high salary cap will lead to Green being overpaid on the free agent market.

http://nflexperts.scout.com/2/621083.html

they get smoked.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Also, more on the moss trade.. http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/spor...120204&ntpid=1

they get smoked.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forget Thomas we dont need to spend much money on our d anymore. We got Underwood if Manuel fails again and we got Pop and he is doing great. We need to worry obout our ST coverage and blocking and our offense then were all set.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
forget Thomas we dont need to spend much money on our d anymore. We got Underwood if Manuel fails again and we got Pop and he is doing great. We need to worry obout our ST coverage and blocking and our offense then were all set.
Thomas would be great. He would give the packers a formittable defensive line which we lack right now.

they get smoked.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on, we are catching up to the ravens, we have to overtake them!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Alright everybody, I'm ready for the draft tomorrow (11 CT, 12 ET).

First order of business, the Kevin Barry situation, here's where I'm at with the Chiefs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior
Quote:
What draft pick would you be willing to give up for him?
No more than a 5th this year, although I would throw in a 4th/conditional to a 3rd for next year. If he starts every game at left tackle you'd get a 3rd, if he doesn't start or starts at a different position, just a 4th.
I'd like to get another Day 1 pick, maybe offer our third and him for their third, but we'd only be moving up 8 spots, so it might not be worth it.

Positions that need to be addressed:
RB
TE
DB

Big Board (1st round, 16th pick):
1. Amobi Okoye
2. Marshawn Lynch
3. Laron Landry
4. Ted Ginn Jr.
5. Dwayne Jarret

We should really consider a trade down in the first if and only if Okoye, Lynch, and Landry are gone.

Try to get either Olsen, Zach Miller, Michael Griffin, or Meriweather in the second.

I wouldn't mind trading down in the second to pick up another Day 1 pick, and draft Kenny Irons or Tony Hunt with one of the two picks, provided we didn't draft Lynch.

That's all I got for now.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

My Big Board for the first pick.

First: LaRon Landry, Safety, LSU.

Second: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Calfiornia.

Third: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh.

Fourth: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind trading down in the second to pick up another Day 1 pick, and draft Kenny Irons or Tony Hunt with one of the two picks, provided we didn't draft Lynch.

Green, Bell, Morency, and Hunt/Irons :?

Also we PF and I talked to KC and had a better deal on the table. We also got Houston to consider their third, we are waiting to hear back. Also Dre Bly could be had for that third, so we might go for him.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

even though i'm a huge fan of taking Lynch, it really isn't necesary anymore now that we got Bell. if we can get good value in a trade down, a TE would probably be the way to go.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
even though i'm a huge fan of taking Lynch, it really isn't necesary anymore now that we got Bell. if we can get good value in a trade down, a TE would probably be the way to go.
Yeah, I'm going to make sure we still have those lined up. Also the Texans changed there mind and aren't going after Barry at all, so anyone know a team that might have interest.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:

Also we PF and I talked to KC and had a better deal on the table. We also got Houston to consider their third, we are waiting to hear back. Also Dre Bly could be had for that third, so we might go for him.
Wait, Tatum Bell? What was the trade? Houston's third for Barry? Didn't we trade our third?

I'm lost.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wait, Tatum Bell? What was the trade? Houston's third for Barry? Didn't we trade our third?

I'm lost.
1. Yes
2. we traded our 4th for Tatum Bell
3.Yes, but they decided to not go after him at all
4. Yes in the Moss trade
5. Go on AIM if possible
Old 02-23-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm going to make sure we still have those lined up. Also the Texans changed there mind and aren't going after Barry at all, so anyone know a team that might have interest.
i'm not sure who else would want to trade for him but if we can get a 4th from the Chiefs it's not a bad deal. we should go for that if we can't find anything better by draft time. have you talked to anyone other than those 2 teams?

Old 02-23-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i'm not sure who else would want to trade for him but if we can get a 4th from the Chiefs it's not a bad deal. we should go for that if we can't find anything better by draft time. have you talked to anyone other than those 2 teams?
Going from top 10 in the 3rd to a 20s in the fourth kind of sucks though. And I'm going to contact them now.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Going from top 10 in the 3rd to a 20s in the fourth kind of sucks though. And I'm going to contact them now.
after looking i'm not even sure that KC has a 4th rounder. they gave their only one to NO.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Thomas would be great. He would give the packers a formittable defensive line which we lack right now.
agree once agin

Old 02-24-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I think it was funny to see through this trade process with KC how much they valued Kevin Barry and we got a pretty good deal for a man who was going to just be a backup